hi,

why is it my BB ID password works on my phone but not on my playbook?

Thanks in advance.

-)
    12-12-13 08:01 AM
    Are you certain you are not capitalizing the first letter or otherwise making a mistake involving case?
    12-12-13 10:29 AM
    hi pkcable,

yes, i'm possitive. it works on my old BB phone.
    12-12-13 11:32 AM
    Try typing the password in to a document and then copying and pasting it in to the password field.
    12-12-13 11:57 AM
    Don't forget that on the phone some keys create numbers. As PK suggested, try typing your password into a notepad document on the phone and then read it to confirm you are using the correct password on the PlayBook.

Just to confirm, you are setting up a new PlayBook and trying to put your phone BlackBerryID on it? If the PlayBook has already been setup by somebody else with another BlackBerryID, you cannot put your BlackBerryID on it without first doing a security wipe.

I also see this is in the sideloading section of the forum. If you are trying to put the PlayBook into development mode, the PlayBook password does not have to be the same as your BlackBerryID password. If your PlayBook has a password on it and you cannot unlock it, you just may have forgotten the password, as it is not the same as the BlackBerryID password unless you specifically used the same password for your lock password. Once again, if you cannot get past a lock screen, the security wipe is your only option to get back into your PlayBook, but you will loose all data on the PlayBook.
    12-12-13 12:26 PM
    hi robsteve,

i'm morethan happy to do the security wipe if it's my last option.

what happened was, my playbook was not used for a couple of months because the charger and the chargin slot got toasted. two weeks ago, i was able to have it fixed and after that, the "Sign in with your BlackBerry ID" window keeps on showing and it's driving me crazy.
    unfortunately,the password is not working and i forgot the answer to the security question when you hit forgot password link.
    tried the BB site and try their forgot password link but it won't work on me as either. it keeps on saying that i'm block for 15 minutes. i don't know what to do anymore.
    12-12-13 03:31 PM