(Apologies if cross-posting is against the rules--I initially posted in general BB Apps before realizing there was a specific PB Apps sub-forum)

Has anyone seen a fake/half-baked/potentially-scammy Netflix app on AppWorld recently called "Netflix -Now Available?" I have no way to identify or find this app and the name is fairly generic that Google searches don't turn anything up for me.

I have had a less-knowledgeable family member enter my Netflix credentials into this app (that the family member claims looked "official") earlier this week. I didn't think anything of it, hearing that Netflix was "coming soon to BB10" but after hearing that it "wasn't working" I discovered they had inputted my login into an unofficial app. No, this wasn't the Flix app. I checked in the family member's BB ID app profile and no record of this app is listed. They claim it wasn't sideloaded but through AppWorld front page.

Is it common for garbage/fake/scammy apps make it onto AppWorld? Seeing in another thread that there was a "Playboy app" leads me to worry that very little vetting is done for apps to make it into AppWorld.
    01-31-13 08:22 PM
    All I know is a lot of "garbage/fake/scammy" threads/posts lately. Sorry can't help you.
    01-31-13 08:48 PM
    Those apps in the threads have made it to AppWorld? Is sideloading from outside of AppWorld possible?
    01-31-13 09:03 PM
    Many rubbish, spam apps make it into App World. Some get removed (usually ones where copyright/trademarks are involved, or else malicious e.g. stealing details), most stay around to clutter up the "New Releases" list. Chances are if the app has been removed from App World, that's why it doesn't show up on your relative's BB ID app profile.
    02-01-13 04:24 AM