Hello

Is there a way to download the Video call application because I have lost it due to random swip.
    06-11-11 02:48 AM
    As this is a core PlayBook application, it should come back after checking for a PlayBook software update. The update server should offer you an update to your OS that is much smaller than the over 380 MB of the core OS with its apps. That will be the video chat application.
    06-11-11 06:27 AM
    What country are you in? I noticed that the new OS is country specific. If you use the debrick method and possibly the security wipe, the new OS loads in two sections. The first is the large download and after it reboots and you run the setup, it will then download a second file which I assume are the apps specific to the country either in your BlackberryID or the country you selected in the setup.

Bottom line is you will not get applications or os features not licenced in your country. For example, a user in China did not get the AppWorld program after a security wipe.

Robert
    06-11-11 06:37 AM
    What country are you in? I noticed that the new OS is country specific. If you use the debrick method and possibly the security wipe, the new OS loads in two sections. The first is the large download and after it reboots and you run the setup, it will then download a second file which I assume are the apps specific to the country either in your BlackberryID or the country you selected in the setup.

Bottom line is you will not get applications or os features not licenced in your country. For example, a user in China did not get the AppWorld program after a security wipe.

Robert
    interesting robsteve...

i also lost my facechat app. nothing worked to retrieve it.
    i tried asking for assistance here and it fell on deaf ears..
    so..what is the solution? i live in UAE..they will officially release it here on june 16th i think..do you think then i can update it with the local software when its released??

hmmmm...im not too crazy about the app and i would be more interested in a skype app because of its wide usage..
    i think it would have been smarter for RIM to introduce the facechat on hand sets first of all to make it widely used ala the BBM..it will not be possible now to do so due to the popularity of skype..even apple would not be able to challenge skype..

also, the BBM needs to move to the android platform to make it more competitive than the new messenger from apple..
    06-11-11 06:51 AM
    Guys well if you have tried all methods and they failed to get back your video chat app try using a http proxy for your wifi. Its available when you go to wifi settings - go to the saved networks - and then click on your network - scroll down and check the http proxy and enter the username and password, server and port. i guess you will have to get a proxy for this to work. i did notice that some apps which were not possible to download before were back. let me know if this works for you guys.
    06-11-11 08:51 AM
    aryan,

tried that at work today. didnt work. it didnt appear even with the new update!

no issues as i dont use the face chat but it would be interesting to know how to get it back.
    06-12-11 11:49 AM
    I live in UAE , I think our carrier is preventing us from getting it..

I don't know how to deal with the proxy thing.
    06-16-11 03:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD