I'm new to playbook so I was asked to update some apps : Tetris facebook etc...

So I've updated all was fine the download and installation, except that I can't found the Facebook Icon on my PB

So first I rebooted the PB, no icons again. After I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled all was fine again the download and installation.. BUT I can't see the Facebook Icon !

It's crazy how simple thing are sometime hard to figure...

Help please !
    01-04-12 02:04 PM
    First question. Are you using the beta OS?
    01-04-12 02:35 PM
    First question. Are you using the beta OS?
    No I use 1.0.8.6067, before going beta I want to understand the "beast" "inside/out"

Do you have a clue ??? It's something so stupid, and I,m new to "tablet devices" so first I told me maybe it's part of the "browser", but after doing some search I see that's a standalone app like the youtube app...

Help Somebody !!!!
    01-04-12 03:18 PM
    That happens to me when I try to update an app and it doesn't push through (whether because of my internet connection, or appworld traffic, i don't know).
    When you update an app, it deletes the previous one right away, so when the update gets discontinued, you end up without the app (you can find it in the list of Uninstalled items in Appworld).
    Try re-installing the update.

If after re-installing, you still are missing the icon under "All" tab, then all I can think of is a Security Wipe (delete everything and restore to factory settings). Please do a full Back-up of your PB first.

My apologies if my last approach seems drastic. It's one that I found to really help. Of course, maybe others have other subtle approaches. I suggest you try re-installing first. If it doesn't work, let's wait for other ideas first before trying the Security Wipe option.

Hope I'm able to help you in some way.
    01-04-12 03:44 PM
    That happens to me when I try to update an app and it doesn't push through (whether because of my internet connection, or appworld traffic, i don't know).
    When you update an app, it deletes the previous one right away, so when the update gets discontinued, you end up without the app (you can find it in the list of Uninstalled items in Appworld).
    Try re-installing the update.

If after re-installing, you still are missing the icon under "All" tab, then all I can think of is a Security Wipe (delete everything and restore to factory settings). Please do a full Back-up of your PB first.

My apologies if my last approach seems drastic. It's one that I found to really help. Of course, maybe others have other subtle approaches. I suggest you try re-installing first. If it doesn't work, let's wait for other ideas first before trying the Security Wipe option.

Hope I'm able to help you in some way.

Thanks but I finally find out
    ...It was like I expected something of very simple, I was not able to scroll down the desktop.... so I missed a lot of shortcut and app... glad to not having to do a security Wipe

By the way... Do U know how I can rearrange the icon to put the one I will use the most on the "first higher screen" ?

Regards
    apg300 likes this.
    01-04-12 04:18 PM
    Glad you found it. You can hold on an icon and they will all start pulsing. Then you can move the icon up that you want. I've never done this so I don't know if it will stay after a restart.

Also in the beta the UI is slightly different and you can make and rename folders and arrange things that way. That is how the 2.0 OS when it comes out will work.

Edit:
    You should also check out these links
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/
    http://crackberry.com/get-blackberry...et-most-out-it
    Last edited by kbz1960; 01-04-12 at 04:38 PM. Reason: add links
    01-04-12 04:35 PM
    Yeah, they stay after a reboot. Glad you got it figured out.
    01-04-12 04:38 PM
    Great! Glad your problem's solved.
    Yeah, re-arranging the icons in every tab is quite important, especially since the tabs are pretty much fixed as far as i know. I rearranged and regrouped my icons so that even if the icon tabs are minimized to just one row of icons, I can still access all my essential apps when i tab through he panels.
    I'm looking forward to future update where hopefully we can tweak the layout more (i.e adding new tabs, creating group folders, etc.). I believe there are enhancements being included with OS 2. Hope the official release comes sooner than later in Feb.
    01-05-12 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD