So I just loaded OS2 on my playbook and everything went smooth. Then I tried to put some android apps on it through DDPB and it said it loaded and was done, but the apps were no where to be found. I tried to restart and now its stuck where the screen is a navy blue shade and won't turn back on. My windows 7 computer and Macbook won't recognize it either. Is there anything I can do?
    10-31-11 03:54 PM
    Hold the power button down for 10 seconds ....PB will shut off...Press the power button and it should restart....
    10-31-11 03:58 PM
    alright it finally came back on, but any idea why the apps aren't showing up? DDPB said they are done but nothing shows up on the playbook. Am I doing something wrong?
    10-31-11 04:10 PM
    Make sure your PB is in developer mode, and that the IP address on your pb matches the ip on ddpb installer
    10-31-11 05:01 PM
    Make sure your PB is in developer mode, and that the IP address on your pb matches the ip on ddpb installer
    everything matches. i made sure of that. what normally happens when ddpb says done?
    10-31-11 05:19 PM
    When the PB says done I believe you should be able to run the apps right after and they should appear at the bottom of your menu
    10-31-11 05:23 PM
    everything matches. i made sure of that. what normally happens when ddpb says done?
    There are two IP addresses, make sure that you use the develepers mode one wich should be something like this 169.254.xx.xx
    10-31-11 05:50 PM
    I was having the same problem when trying to load Android apps It appeared to finish but they never showed up on the PB. I guess it's a non-issue now as I'm rolling back to the non-beta OS.
    10-31-11 05:52 PM
    There are two IP addresses, make sure that you use the develepers mode one wich should be something like this 169.254.xx.xx
    i have tried both of them but the apps still havent appeared
    10-31-11 08:37 PM
    i have tried both of them but the apps still havent appeared
    when you turn on developer mode you have to enter a password remember it.

after developer mode is on go back to the home screen.

click on the icon of the person with the cog in the middle
    it will say development mode on expires in 10 days IP address 192.168.XXX.XXX (or whatever ip address you have setup)

open ddpb

click add and add the file you want

make sure it is "checked"

enter your ip address

enter your password

hit install.

if the icon does not appear in your list then the following happened.

1. IP address is wrong (DDPB will still say the transfer is done without an error)
    2. Password is wrong (I believe it is case sensitive. DDPB will still say the transfer is done without an error)
    3. bar file you are trying to add is not signed (did you try one from here http://bit.ly/apk2bar this list has signed bar files)

if none of these are the problem then you could try a security wipe that seems to fix most problems.
    10-31-11 09:01 PM
    when you turn on developer mode you have to enter a password remember it.

after developer mode is on go back to the home screen.

click on the icon of the person with the cog in the middle
    it will say development mode on expires in 10 days IP address 192.168.XXX.XXX (or whatever ip address you have setup)

open ddpb

click add and add the file you want

make sure it is "checked"

enter your ip address

enter your password

hit install.

if the icon does not appear in your list then the following happened.

1. IP address is wrong (DDPB will still say the transfer is done without an error)
    2. Password is wrong (I believe it is case sensitive. DDPB will still say the transfer is done without an error)
    3. bar file you are trying to add is not signed (did you try one from here http://bit.ly/apk2bar this list has signed bar files)

if none of these are the problem then you could try a security wipe that seems to fix most problems.
    Security wipe did the trick! Only problem was it got rid of the video chat app and several others that are normally there. Oh well. Thanks everyone!!
    10-31-11 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD