I have Blackberry Playbook but I can not access the App World application it says "App World Not supported in my country"

Is there any solution to this. The device is useless without it.

Is there any OTA websites where I can download applications.
    04-25-11 06:11 AM
    where do u live
    04-25-11 06:14 AM
    I have Blackberry Playbook but I can not access the App World application it says "App World Not supported in my country"

Is there any solution to this. The device is useless without it.

Is there any OTA websites where I can download applications.
    overthrow your government?

sorry, in all seriousness where are you?
    04-25-11 06:26 AM
    A quick lookup of his carrier (STC) shows that he is in Saudi Arabia.
    04-25-11 06:28 AM
    A quick lookup of his carrier (STC) shows that he is in Saudi Arabia.
    Ah, well that may actually explain it. SA may very well block access. And weren't they one of the countries that has had conflict with RIM and its policies?
    04-25-11 06:30 AM
    I'm in the UAE and don't have access to the App Store either. Although, from what I know, the App Store will be launched before PlayBook officially launches here in June.
    04-25-11 06:44 AM
    im in bahrain and appworld launced few days ago so u can cm to here and use the appword
    04-25-11 06:49 AM
    rim has only provisioned access for places it has released the playbook in. looks like you'll be sol for a while man
    04-25-11 06:51 AM
    In Saudi Arabia.

Does this mean that there is no luck right now.
    04-25-11 06:55 AM
    Any website where I can download apps. ??
    04-25-11 06:56 AM
    Any website where I can download apps. ??
    I don't think so ...
    you should tweet STC about this .. @STC_KSA
    they told me they're going to support all the BB apps + app world soon!
    04-25-11 07:06 AM
    internet and data plans are expensive in middle east. not to say restrictive, especially today.
    04-25-11 07:30 AM
    Im working in dubai right now and i was worried about this happening, my playbook arrives tomorrow so im going to want to try out apps.
    I have a network router at home which bypasses all of the countries proxies etc... to access blocked websites , so hopefully my playbook will have access to US content and sites. I can even watch TV shows on US network websites from here.

It's sad that appworld isn't internationally available like itunes/appstore, but i guess we'll have to wait.
    04-25-11 07:32 AM
    If have some type of VPN on your router back to a Canada or US host then you could still download AppWorld apps, but otherwise if your IP address identifies as being out of those two countries AppWorld will block access...

You could even setup a VPN within windows and then turn on connection sharing, create a separate LAN IP scheme, set the PB manually to use that connection, and viola you're done. This method is more complicated then I just made it sound, but for the savvy IT people out there, this shouldn't be too hard of a task.
    04-25-11 10:33 AM
    If have some type of VPN on your router back to a Canada or US host then you could still download AppWorld apps, but otherwise if your IP address identifies as being out of those two countries AppWorld will block access...

You could even setup a VPN within windows and then turn on connection sharing, create a separate LAN IP scheme, set the PB manually to use that connection, and viola you're done. This method is more complicated then I just made it sound, but for the savvy IT people out there, this shouldn't be too hard of a task.
    Is there any written description or video explaining this ?
    04-25-11 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD