Ok so new to this but I've been a Blackberry user before with the Storm and got rid of that and just went with a normal phone. And ever since then I have missed my Storm.

Ok so here is my question. I just recently got the Playbook for xmas from my sis and her husband and I couldn't be any happier!!! Only one problem. I can't seem to purchase games on the App Wolrd. Since I don't have a credit or debit card I purchased a visa gift card thinking that might work. Put all the info in and clicked buy but I keep an error message. I tried using my sister's credit card and still gave me the same message. HELP!!! Am I doing something wrong here?
    12-26-11 02:09 AM
    Welcome to the forum! Without knowing the specific error message/code you are getting it's tough to speculate about what has gone wrong, but it probably has something to do with the way your payment options are set up for your BlackBerry ID.

As a new PlayBook owner you are entitled to 90 days of free support. I have posted a link to the PB support page where you can register your new device and contact support directly. Before you do that, though, you should consider using the link on this page to access knowledge base articles about your specific error.

PlayBook Support - Get Started
    12-26-11 07:00 AM
    Do you or your sis have a PayPal account? You may be able to register the visa gift card (is that like a temporary debit card?) on PP so worth a try.
    12-26-11 07:08 AM
    Or better yet, did you use the same bbid that you had on your storm? I had to make a new bbid for my playbook cause once I tied my playbook to my phone's bbid it broke my bbid.

I ended up just making a new one and it worked for me.
    12-26-11 07:16 PM
    Or better yet, did you use the same bbid that you had on your storm? I had to make a new bbid for my playbook cause once I tied my playbook to my phone's bbid it broke my bbid.

I ended up just making a new one and it worked for me.
    I have the same BBID for both my 9800 and Playbook... works fine.
    12-27-11 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD