Current HBO subscribers can take advantage of HBO on the GO using the Playbook. Includes full screen movie streaming via WIFI. I just ran Avatar and it looked AWESOME.
    04-24-11 12:23 PM
    Sweet! I have to try that!
    04-24-11 12:43 PM
    Bah. I'm on Comcast and the HBO site says Comcast people have to watch through xfinity.tv... which doesn't work on the Playbook. BUMMER!
    04-24-11 02:14 PM
    Bah. I'm on Comcast and the HBO site says Comcast people have to watch through xfinity.tv... which doesn't work on the Playbook. BUMMER!
    WTF is with comcast?? I have them too and cant watch anything without that dumb player. I sick to death of how comcast makes everything harder then it has to be. I'm so switching to something else as soon as I can.
    04-24-11 03:31 PM
    WTF is with comcast?? I have them too and cant watch anything without that dumb player. I sick to death of how comcast makes everything harder then it has to be. I'm so switching to something else as soon as I can.
    very doubtful
    04-24-11 04:05 PM
    There's nothing for me to switch to so I'm stuck with this crap
    04-24-11 04:32 PM
    i had comcast years ago. horrible tv and internet for the amount of money i paid. as soon as FIOS was available I jumped on. Great service, better picture, and super fast internet. comcast is lucky they have no competition in some areas.
    04-24-11 04:51 PM
    it works fine for me on Playbook.
    04-26-11 10:10 PM
    What did you do to make it work?
    I can start something and it gets through 'Obtaining Authorization', moves on to 'Starting Playback' and then just sits there forever...
    04-26-11 10:28 PM
    xfinity DOES work, you just have to click thru the stuff telling you it might not work!
    04-26-11 10:30 PM
    I did all that. It's the player itself that never starts playing for me...
    04-26-11 10:34 PM
    for hbo on demand i usually get that the player only supports windows, not the problem of it "maybe" not working. so if you have hbo through xfinity working please tell me how!
    04-26-11 11:33 PM
    HBO Go works for me (I have Fios)
    04-27-11 07:07 AM
    Xfinity is a bit wonky, it works when it wants to work. I usually have to try a few times to get a show to play, BUT once it's playing, it works.
    04-27-11 08:43 AM
    Xfinity.tv works for me for a few channels/shows only. Like conana streams beautifully from there. full screen and all. no luck on much else on that site right now. same thing. hangs while loading a vid for most other channels. dont have time to go test a show on every channel now. strange. Other options are still out there. would like to catch up on some hbo stuff before bed though
    Last edited by veldacy1; 04-28-11 at 03:09 PM.
    04-27-11 10:15 AM
    I suggest DirecTV. Been a customer for like 15 years now. On the rare occasion I actually have to call them, I always get something for free.

More HD than FIOS and Cable. It's available anywhere you have a view of the southern sky. If you do get DirecTV -- if you get the Dish Mounted on your roof (and not the side of the house like they prefer to do) you usually get a much better signal.
    04-27-11 11:30 AM
    Called comcast, and put in a proposal to look into making an app for us playbook users. Doubtful with just me asking they will do it but hey its worth a shot. Come to find out though, didn't realize this, but on your PC you need to install a "media player" program to use hbo on demand. So until that happens i guess we're stuck with the alternatives.
    04-28-11 03:38 PM
    Called comcast, and put in a proposal to look into making an app for us playbook users. Doubtful with just me asking they will do it but hey its worth a shot. Come to find out though, didn't realize this, but on your PC you need to install a "media player" program to use hbo on demand. So until that happens i guess we're stuck with the alternatives.
    Yeah. Its kinda strange. on the same site (xfinity.tv), and in the same player, others load, but HBO clips say it only works on windows etc..NOT the same as the initial "we may not work well with your browser" you get when you go to the site.
    04-28-11 03:44 PM
    I still haven't been able to start the xfinity.tv player a single time. Really odd that it works for some people. I never get passed 'starting playback...'.
    04-28-11 07:36 PM
    xfinity.tv will work on the PB if you are not watching HD. The only drawback is that most HBO series/recent movies are in HD and the player on the xfinity.tv currently does not support HD
    Hope some sort of app comes up so I can watch all their HD programs on my PB.
    Last edited by Oncastillo; 04-29-11 at 08:25 AM.
    04-29-11 08:20 AM
    It looks like they updated the HBO Go website to log in through "xfinity" not "comcast", and now, i'm able to watch all the videos in HD without problems. Looks great!
    veldacy1 likes this.
    04-29-11 11:30 AM
    I hope we get the xfinity app on the PB, it's pretty damn cool on my ipod touch!!!!
    04-29-11 11:54 AM
    Sweet! I got it to work through the hbogo.com website, but had to confirm the account first on my pc. NICE!!!! Super excited to mess with it more later.. sitting at work. poor ios and android people complaining their new hbogo app doesent work on all their devices.. fingers crossesd.. no repeat of the hulu/att debacles we've suffered so far..
    Last edited by veldacy1; 04-29-11 at 12:05 PM.
    04-29-11 11:55 AM
    I tried this last night after I saw this thread - and I got it all set up, but when I try to play a movie, it starts off fine - first 4-5 minutes of the movie is awesome, then it gets really choppy & the audio doesnt match the video. At first I thought it was my internet, so I ran a speed test and Im at 10Mb down and they require 3mb down - any ideas?
    04-29-11 01:52 PM
    I tried this last night after I saw this thread - and I got it all set up, but when I try to play a movie, it starts off fine - first 4-5 minutes of the movie is awesome, then it gets really choppy & the audio doesnt match the video. At first I thought it was my internet, so I ran a speed test and Im at 10Mb down and they require 3mb down - any ideas?
    I have the same issue, AND with any other streaming video (ABC.com for example). It's really frustrating.
    04-29-11 02:28 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD