how is the app?

how well does it work for outside of North America?

if bridged to 9900, does it work smoothly?

thanks,
    10-14-11 11:58 AM
    The app itself is kind of slow. Not the developer's fault, he was using all the tools available to him I imagine. The Google Maps Javascript API runs pretty slow in all the different implementations. It's unfortunate that Bing (having never been updated and having a search that never finds what I'm looking for) isn't much better. But I digress.

Just tried it bridged with my 9900 off and it's obviously much slower to load, these are larger tiles than on the phone version of Google Maps. That having been said, it's not completely crippled, but it's noticeably slower than when using Wi-Fi. I also gave Bing a shot just for the heck of it and it seemed like it was slightly faster when bridged than Map Search for Google.

Good luck!
    10-14-11 12:15 PM
    The app itself is kind of slow. Not the developer's fault, he was using all the tools available to him I imagine. The Google Maps Javascript API runs pretty slow in all the different implementations. It's unfortunate that Bing (having never been updated and having a search that never finds what I'm looking for) isn't much better. But I digress.

Just tried it bridged with my 9900 off and it's obviously much slower to load, these are larger tiles than on the phone version of Google Maps. That having been said, it's not completely crippled, but it's noticeably slower than when using Wi-Fi. I also gave Bing a shot just for the heck of it and it seemed like it was slightly faster when bridged than Map Search for Google.

Good luck!
    thanks. i will pass then on this app.
    lets hope they release proper maps and proper maps for navigation which can be used offline.
    10-14-11 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD