I haven't been able to. When I download the dropbox bar and unzip it, it's not a bar, it's an apk file. I tried just changing the extension to .bar but it doesn't work. I install it thru DDPB and it says done but it is not on my book.

I've done some searching on these forums and can't find too many posts about it. There was that post on the CB site a couple days ago to install kindle, google maps, and dropbox and thats where I downloaded the dropbox files from.

Any help?

Please, John.
    02-25-12 02:26 PM
    I did and it works! Try http://forums.crackberry.com/android...3-bars-689706/ the bar file is there...
    02-25-12 02:41 PM
    Hey Tasims, that is the one I dloaded. After I unzip it, there is an android folder with a dropbox.apk but no .bars to be found.
    02-25-12 02:43 PM
    Did you use the first one from the goodreader link? I believe that is the one I used.
    JWWDUKE likes this.
    02-25-12 02:45 PM
    I did try them both. I'll try it again. Yup. Same thing, no .bar. just the .apk...
    02-25-12 02:47 PM
    Hey Tasims, that is the one I dloaded. After I unzip it, there is an android folder with a dropbox.apk but no .bars to be found.
    After the dl re-name the .zip to .bar and load the whole thing
    JWWDUKE likes this.
    02-25-12 02:49 PM
    why side load drop box? you can get bluebox(which basically is dropbox) from app world for FREE..heres the link for those who are interested
    Free BlueBox for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download BlueBox for BlackBerry PlayBook - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    KMB4 and Herve5 like this.
    02-25-12 02:50 PM
    Download from the second list in the thread from mediafire, it has the bar file.
    02-25-12 02:54 PM
    I was going to say the same thing rob9804. I installed Dropbox from goodereader. It was a .bar file not an apk. I tested them both out yesterday and I found that with the Bluebox app (which is a dropbox client for Playbook) I could zip files and move them around (cut, copy, paste etc.). You can't do that with the dropbox app from Dropbox. It's basically bare bones. You should give Bluebox a try. I deleted the Dropbox app.
    02-25-12 02:55 PM
    DD1968 = DA MAN!!!!(or Lady) haha

That did it. Thanks a lot. I knew it must have been something simple.

And rod9804, if I couldn't get dropbox I would've looked at bluebox. Thx.
    02-25-12 02:56 PM
    I was going to say the same thing rob9804. I installed Dropbox from goodereader. It was a .bar file not an apk. I tested them both out yesterday and I found that with the Bluebox app (which is a dropbox client for Playbook) I could zip files and move them around (cut, copy, paste etc.). You can't do that with the dropbox app from Dropbox. It's basically bare bones. You should give Bluebox a try. I deleted the Dropbox app.
    Really?

Well I haven't signed up for either one yet. Looks like I'm gonna have to do a lil more research before I do.

Thanks all, John.
    02-25-12 02:59 PM
    Latest version of Dropbox (2.1) here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3607718/Play...ropbox_2.1.bar
    Morbium and axllebeer like this.
    02-25-12 03:23 PM
    i use box.net Free Box for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download Box for BlackBerry PlayBook - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    free in app world and if you download and sign up though app world you get 50GB of free storage...what does drop box give? 2gb lol
    02-25-12 03:41 PM
    i use box.net Free Box for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download Box for BlackBerry PlayBook - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    free in app world and if you download and sign up though app world you get 50GB of free storage...what does drop box give? 2gb lol
    I have 25GB Dropbox storage as a free user.
    Box has MANY restrictions in place... none of which Dropbox has.
    02-25-12 03:51 PM
    I have 25GB Dropbox storage as a free user.
    Box has MANY restrictions in place... none of which Dropbox has.
    How did u get that much? I managed to get only 12g.
    02-25-12 07:55 PM
    Latest version of Dropbox (2.1) here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3607718/Play...ropbox_2.1.bar
    Thank you. I just downloaded the apk file for version 1.1 I think and then converted it myself which works great but I suppose it wasn't needed even though it works quite well.
    10-24-12 10:21 PM
    Thanks for that. Bluebox is ok but not as good as dropbox on android, often pretty clunky and times out alot on bigger files.

Have a box account and whilst the 50gb is great....100 mb file limit...pretty tedious. Anything i want to save on there would certainly be over 100mb.
    10-25-12 03:05 AM
    Old thread - surely better to use Files & Folders now with Dropbox integration along with Skyfire, Box & GDrive as well as local.The only storage app I sideload is ADrive
    10-25-12 03:55 AM
    I installed the free Blue Box but don't use it anymore since dropbox support is incorporated inside Files and Folders.
    Also, remember you have apps that directly sync and backup to DropBox, like for instance GroovyNotes...
    10-25-12 04:17 AM
    The sideloaded android Dropbox app is better than either Blue Box or Files and Folders, since it allows direct streaming of audio and video files without having to download them first.
    10-25-12 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD