Up until. Yesterday Digi Media used in our be the unrivaled app vendor churning out the worst possible whatever crap they were posting to the app world. Now we have a new contender for worthless apps
    While Handster is not typically dumping book apps but it's not much different or better than any of sophistication of the fart apps.
    rob9804 likes this.
    02-21-12 07:41 PM
    They are pretty bad. It's like being in a crowded room and there is one person shouting so loud, that you can hear any one else. I wish there was a filter in App World that I could blacklist them. I think I found one app that was not too bad.
    02-21-12 07:54 PM
    Handster is NOT an app developer.

Handster is an independent app store that was bought by Opera last year. So you made a fart app on the Android platform --- you submit it to Android Market, Amazon app store and Handster app store.

The FINE print in the Handster app store agreement --- allows Handster to sell your apps in other white label app stores. That's why many android developers don't even know that their apps were repackaged by Handster and appear on the Playbook app store.

The problem with Handster repackaged apps is that Handster doesn't have the source code --- so the apps weren't "retouched" (i.e. size of buttons, fonts...).
    SifJar likes this.
    02-24-12 03:41 PM
    Very informative samab. I was thinking Handster was just some random person submitting loads of converted apps, but that makes a lot more sense.
    02-24-12 03:51 PM
    i dont know.... i found Handster particularly usefull earlier today when i fancied annoying my colleague to the point of him trying to strangle me. nothing in the world could achieve that quicker than the Rebecca Black "Friday" app...
    though saying that it did spend the least amount of time on my PB any working app has ever done.
    02-24-12 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD