11-27-11 10:43 AM
64 123
tools
    Alternate tunings
    Various styles of acoustic; large body, OM, Parlour, classical, etc...
    Same with electrics, strat, LP, semi hollow body, etc...
    Slide
    Dobro, steel

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-11 05:26 PM
    nope the app that just got released is someone else
    Just saw this. Thanks for the heads up

07-12-11 01:55 PM
    Not to put a damper on things, I'm just interested from a dev perspective - how will you be able to create a guitar app that uses more than four strings without ruining the realism? (Like using shortcut buttons to select chords instead of really playing them). I'm new to app development, but since the PlayBook has 4-point multitouch, I don't see any way around it. Or is your plan to create a 4-string app?

I'm just interested because I was considering doing a guitar app, but decided against it due to the limitation of 4-point multitouch and being busy with other apps.
    07-12-11 10:21 PM
    if you think about it, 4 strings are good enough to get decent sounding chords, open strings can be simulated without the touch, some sort of sympathetic resonance maybe.

What do you think?
    07-13-11 07:05 AM
    I'm working on a way around this for my app. Currently doing tests but it may have to be a four input only app. I will keep you posted.
    07-13-11 07:12 AM
    Off-topic alert: The chromatic "button" accordion keyboard is very compact and efficient. It could work well on the PB screen. Roland produces a fully electronic unit with a good tone bank. A PB button keyboard synth could be a serious instrument in its own right, rather than a simulation of something else, especially with dynamic volume and pitch-bending controls. The only drawback is that the chromatic button keyboard isn't so well known. Still, I can see this sort of app catching on with real musicians, who would quickly recognize the fit between the input system and the device. Just a thought to anyone developing musical instrument apps.
    07-13-11 08:17 AM
    Any ETA for this new guitar app?

Just curious, Ive never played with an ipad or any other tablet before. Just curious, what are the other multitouch limitation?
    Last edited by webadpro; 07-13-11 at 02:37 PM.
    07-13-11 02:31 PM
    Off-topic alert: The chromatic "button" accordion keyboard is very compact and efficient. It could work well on the PB screen. Roland produces a fully electronic unit with a good tone bank. A PB button keyboard synth could be a serious instrument in its own right, rather than a simulation of something else, especially with dynamic volume and pitch-bending controls. The only drawback is that the chromatic button keyboard isn't so well known. Still, I can see this sort of app catching on with real musicians, who would quickly recognize the fit between the input system and the device. Just a thought to anyone developing musical instrument apps.
    I'd buy it

07-14-11 09:35 AM
    Any updates on this?
    07-18-11 01:32 PM
    Any updates on this?
    I'll bump this as well. I've bought 2 copies of the guitar app for android by coding caveman. It's cool for sure. No bending strings or anything, but definitely worth the 5 bucks. I would love to be able to play guitar on the PB considering I fried my Nook updating it
    07-18-11 09:44 PM
    Progress Update

I'm about 30% done. I am going to release a basic version (including string bending, one guitar, amp settings) at the start of August with updates coming regularly after that adding effect pedals and some other stuff.
    07-19-11 09:09 AM
    Any one else fed up with blackjack93117 constant moaning?

If drums was such a bad app then why did BlackBerry make it their App Of The Week last week?
    07-19-11 10:14 AM
    Any one else fed up with blackjack93117 constant moaning?

If drums was such a bad app then why did BlackBerry make it their App Of The Week last week?
    Its a little much, but he does have a point. Then again, I dont think anyone said the 99 cent drum app was supposed to replace your $1000 beginner set

Jeff, Im excited to get your new one. Ill keep my eyes peeled for it

07-19-11 11:34 AM
    Then again, I dont think anyone said the 99 cent drum app was supposed to replace your $1000 beginner set
    You sure got that one right. Its an app. With time im sure things will get better.
    07-20-11 09:42 PM
    I just spent 99 cents on this app and you're telling me now that it cannot be used professionally? Such a let down. I spent twenty minutes this evening playing the drums in Instruments and giggling like a school girl. But that was the old me, you know, before I learned to set my expectations high. Now if the guitar app can't match my three Gibson guitars, boutique amp and pedalboard in terms of sound, playability and versatility, then don't bother.
    rholford and dentynefire like this.
    07-23-11 10:51 PM
    I just spent 99 cents on this app and you're telling me now that it cannot be used professionally? Such a let down. I spent twenty minutes this evening playing the drums in Instruments and giggling like a school girl. But that was the old me, you know, before I learned to set my expectations high. Now if the guitar app can't match my three Gibson guitars, boutique amp and pedalboard in terms of sound, playability and versatility, then don't bother.
    Haha Someones on a crusade
    07-24-11 01:18 AM
    07-28-11 12:57 PM
    jefflemon what the ETA on the guitar?thanks
    08-01-11 07:07 PM
    Can u make a Djay mixer app when u are done the guitar app.
    08-01-11 10:27 PM
    Guitar app is coming along, I had some performance issues with the string bending feature, this has caused a delay, but I have found a solution and things are progressing nicely.
    08-02-11 08:16 AM
    Hi,

Just wondering how is this coming along now!? Any ETA?
    08-07-11 08:49 PM
    ETA please.
    08-09-11 10:01 AM
    ETA: end of the month.
    therapyreject174 likes this.
    08-10-11 04:29 AM
    ETA: end of the month.
    nice. thanks
    08-10-11 09:34 AM
    its almost the end of the month.whatsup jefflemon?
    08-24-11 12:28 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD