Hi,

I'm thinking about making a Guitar app for PB, where you can play a guitar much like my other apps, Drums, Piano, Xylophone and Instruments. But my other musical app sales are sluggish. Would anyone buy a Guitar app?

Also what would you like it to feature?

Thanks!
    06-30-11 11:01 AM
    You're damn right i'd buy it.

A selection of guitars, or at least amps (or sounds put in basic terms).
    That would make for a decent guitar app, as apposed to the "here is your guitar, play it".

(The sounds would be, acoustic and/or electric)

(Maybe an amp that would allow you to add delay, distortion, gain, etc)

The abilty to pick stings not just strumb them.
    (Getting technical now, bend stings maybe?) (Hey i know, i'm going far to far maybe?)

Note chager.
    (I don't need to explain that)

So:
    Guitars
    Amps
    Picking
    Strumbing
    Note Changing

I am fully aware that i've just thrown some big ideas out, some of which may be difficult or even not doable, but it's an idea
    offthahorseceo likes this.
    06-30-11 12:40 PM
    I would buy it as well.
    06-30-11 12:59 PM
    yes.i will buy right away.the reason the other instrument not been sold because people like guitar better.
    06-30-11 01:36 PM
    Cheers, and what would be a reasonable price point for people? I know you all thing $1 put I dont think I could justify the dev time at that price...
    06-30-11 01:53 PM
    A REAL guitar app, not a tuner, like we currently have. I'd pay 2.99, like to see some variety in there too, electric, acoustic, bass, etc I'd say you can easily get 2.99.
    06-30-11 01:57 PM
    i will 2.99 aswell.
    06-30-11 02:47 PM
    Yep it would be a real guitar app.
    06-30-11 02:54 PM
    count me in
    06-30-11 03:48 PM
    I would love to see a good guitar app! I would also like to use my playbook on stage for setlists. I use Noto for now, but it won't turn vertical. I saw Steve Martin using an ipad for his setlists, we should be able to do the same. If I was a developer, I would aim for making real world tools for the musician. Thanks!
    npunk42 likes this.
    06-30-11 04:01 PM
    you know what would be the best?
    a final app to rule all your apps...a multi track tool. you could record yourself playing the drums, save it. record the xylophone parts, save it, record guitar save it then put it all together in the multi track tool effectively making a song.

on top of that, you could either implement a special voice recorder, hook up a pair of headphones and play your track back to yourself (to orient yourself of course) and sing into the playbook mic. import into the multi track tool. bam music

edit: obviously super producers and serious musicians wouldnt use this as a final tool to make the final product. but it would be cool for saving rough drafts when a tune or idea for a song comes into your head and you dont want to lose it.
    Last edited by offthahorseceo; 06-30-11 at 04:19 PM.
    06-30-11 04:13 PM
    If you can match the android guitar app I'll pay five

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 04:39 PM
    if it has effects and recording functionality ill buy it too.
    07-01-11 03:00 AM
    Hi,

I'm thinking about making a Guitar app for PB, where you can play a guitar much like my other apps, Drums, Piano, Xylophone and Instruments. But my other musical app sales are sluggish. Would anyone buy a Guitar app?

Also what would you like it to feature?

Thanks!
    Did you just release this app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 08:14 PM
    nope the app that just got released is someone else
    07-09-11 08:36 PM
    I'd buy it. And... If I could plug my guitar into it and play different amps and effects it would rock. Also a tuner while plugged in. I would pay 15 or 20 bucks for that!
    Not sure the 3.5mm jack has audio in though.
    07-09-11 11:26 PM
    Please dont make it like Guitar Star. Its really not worth the buy. Although I've bought your instruments app and its very well made. Release a guitar app, and you can could another sale.

Cheers
    07-10-11 11:41 AM
    No, I didnt release Guitar Star, I'm currently working on a guitar app, trying to make it a descent release, currently working on being able to bend strings. I'll let you all know more when it nears closer to release.
    07-11-11 04:20 AM
    Jefflemon, i've got some suggestions if you're intested:
    1- Ability to bend strings as you've mentioned, but also to slide up and down, tricky to sample but doable.
    2- Tone Control, Volume/Overdrive Control.
    3-Tuning options (besides standard include some other set ups)
    4- Effects (I can't stress how much cooler an app would be if it included Reverb/Delay, Chrous/Flanger, OD/Distortion, and maybe Harmonizers)
    5- Pick up locations / Pick up types customization.

I know this might not be easy, but I would buy an app with those options in a heartbeat.
    07-11-11 05:44 AM
    @Siid thanks for the suggestions, I have been a guitar player for about 15 years so I am trying to make it as realistic as possible. I will try and get as many of those features in, but not all may appear in version 1.0
    webadpro and pkcable like this.
    07-11-11 08:07 AM
    @Siid thanks for the suggestions, I have been a guitar player for about 15 years so I am trying to make it as realistic as possible. I will try and get as many of those features in, but not all may appear in version 1.0
    He IS good about adding features I can verify this having been an Instruments owner since pretty much day 1! BTW Instruments is a top seller at App World, congrats on that. Last I checked I think you were 4th.
    07-11-11 08:44 AM
    @pkcable thanks, also thank you to all who have purchased so far, continued support means more future apps!
    07-11-11 10:20 AM
    Another great feature would be to overlay the fingering of some common scales*, so a person could practice improvising over a recorded track or a track from the PB's music library.

*M scale / m scale / M&m pentatonic

Thanks for all of the work you are doing on this, I will be purchasing it as soon as it is available.
    07-11-11 11:03 AM
    I would buy it only if the samples were good - there were a way to stop the sustain, bend the strings, and it was responsive without delays like your DRUM APP!

guitar playbook sounds good and is nicely done, but not a guitar app.
    We get it, you don't like drums! Want me to paypal you the .99?
    07-11-11 02:57 PM
    No, I didnt release Guitar Star, I'm currently working on a guitar app, trying to make it a descent release, currently working on being able to bend strings. I'll let you all know more when it nears closer to release.
    sounds good.
    07-11-11 03:03 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD