This app looks beautiful, but it's new and has no reviews. I'm sure it's worth $5 to me, because I'm on a mission to find the best application like this, but I have a few questions. It would be amazing if the developer sees this thread, because their website doesn't show this application at all. Although I guess I could have just emailed support...

I was using Evernote which I'm sure is a great service, but the application is terrible.

I've purchased Note Smartly, which is great so far, but there is no cloud sync or anything like that which brings me to my main inquiry about Groovy Notes:

Does Groovy Notes backup or have a cloud sync option? Sort of like Evernote saving notes online. I don't even care if it's an extra step to dropbox it or anything but I'd prefer to have my notes backed up online.
    Revampd likes this.
    09-21-11 08:48 AM
    So there were no reviews on the Playbook AppWorld, but I checked via the browser and there was. They answered my questions and I think I will hold off until online support is available.

Linky
    jcpinto likes this.
    09-21-11 09:42 AM
    Yeah the description is very appealing and it is indeed worth the $5 tag. And just in matter of minutes there are already several reviews. Will be even better with online back up capability or to sync with Evernote etc..
    09-21-11 10:12 AM
    I bought it, I hope it's a good buy, I have been buying notetaking apps like crazy, starting from skit, notesmartly, and then this one...
    09-21-11 10:30 AM
    I cracked down and bought it too!
    Think it's great already, and love the interface!

Only downsides I see

- Can't see to sort Tabs on the left. When you add new, it automatically moves it to the top.
    - No Portrait Mode for easier typing
    XLabz likes this.
    09-21-11 10:43 AM
    @Joski : This is Prathab from XLabz. Thanks for your positive comments about Groovy Notes. Dropbox integration, Export to PDF and a lot more features are already on the works and will be part of the immediate next update. These will be made available as free updates.

As far as the reviews go, we already have 4 positive reviews so far and as you can see, users are loving it so far

@exstasie : I am taking your feedback to the product team and will plan for these features in the next few updates. I am however doubtful about the portratit mode since the limited screen size would be a restriction there and would result in a sub optimal experience if we try to do that.

@marksasongko : Thanks for purchasing Groovy Notes, hope you like it. Please mail any feedbacks you have to our support email ID.
    curve-20 likes this.
    09-21-11 01:00 PM
    it looks great tbh, going to pick this up later i think...
    are the memo's saved to the documents (or somewhere) folder as txt files so they can be accessed without using the app if needed??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-11 01:13 PM
    @ XLabz

Can you add to the next feature to work on integration with Box.net. With the prior offer from box, a lot of playbook users have Box accounts.
    dogdaddy likes this.
    09-21-11 01:57 PM
    @Joski : This is Prathab from XLabz. Thanks for your positive comments about Groovy Notes. Dropbox integration, Export to PDF and a lot more features are already on the works and will be part of the immediate next update. These will be made available as free updates.

As far as the reviews go, we already have 4 positive reviews so far and as you can see, users are loving it so far

@exstasie : I am taking your feedback to the product team and will plan for these features in the next few updates. I am however doubtful about the portratit mode since the limited screen size would be a restriction there and would result in a sub optimal experience if we try to do that.

@marksasongko : Thanks for purchasing Groovy Notes, hope you like it. Please mail any feedbacks you have to our support email ID.
    This is the one thing I love about Forums, you can speak directly to the creators many times!

Thanks so much for this product, have been using it all day and absolutely love it so far!
    I also have one other suggestion:

Possible to add more tabs to the left?
    Right now it defauts to 6, and you can scroll through them, however based on my usage, it appears that you could add 3 other tabs, and not affect anything else (based on what I can see).

Anyway, keep up the great work! I will write my review about this product after I've used it for a bit more time!
    Harley Kid and XLabz like this.
    09-21-11 02:48 PM
    please add feature of voice recording while on standby, multiple voice recording per notes, images and videos support, and the ability to export all of them for easy sharing (notes, audio, video)

also, I notice that the program is a bit slow when stopping recording, could you do something to improve performance?

two reasons why I'm disappointed with notesmartly are its sluggishness and inability to export images and voice records...

thanks a lot xlabz..
    stillpointworks and XLabz like this.
    09-21-11 08:52 PM
    This is the one thing I love about Forums, you can speak directly to the creators many times!

Thanks so much for this product, have been using it all day and absolutely love it so far!

Right now it defauts to 6, and you can scroll through them, however based on my usage, it appears that you could add 3 other tabs, and not affect anything else (based on what I can see).

Anyway, keep up the great work! I will write my review about this product after I've used it for a bit more time!
    Just purchased this app and must say it looks great! Can't wait for Box.net sync. (please XLabs!)
    Ported all my notes during the last few hours and I was able to create many new tabs - not just 3 - and could pick new icons and colours!

Edit: Oh, I see....you want the tabs view right to the bottom! I agree....don't know what it would affect, if anything.
    Last edited by jvictor77; 09-22-11 at 12:43 AM.
    XLabz likes this.
    09-22-11 12:40 AM
    it looks great tbh, going to pick this up later i think...
    are the memo's saved to the documents (or somewhere) folder as txt files so they can be accessed without using the app if needed??

The notes as of this version are saved in a Database. That said, we are already working on the next update which should be available in the next week or so. With that update, you can save the documents/notes as PDF, MP3 (for voice memos) and TXT files. You will also be able to backup this data to Dropbox and restore them.
    09-22-11 05:13 AM
    @ XLabz

Can you add to the next feature to work on integration with Box.net. With the prior offer from box, a lot of playbook users have Box accounts.
    We are working on Dropbox integration for the next update as Dropbox is what most of our users have asked for. We will be doing Box.net and possibly Evernote integration in a later update.
    deltadiva2 likes this.
    09-22-11 05:15 AM

Thanks for your positive feedback. The next update handles the tabs in the exact same way you want them handled. We are making 3-4 more tabs visible in the available area.
    jvictor77 likes this.
    09-22-11 05:17 AM
    please add feature of voice recording while on standby, multiple voice recording per notes, images and videos support, and the ability to export all of them for easy sharing (notes, audio, video)

also, I notice that the program is a bit slow when stopping recording, could you do something to improve performance?

two reasons why I'm disappointed with notesmartly are its sluggishness and inability to export images and voice records...

thanks a lot xlabz..
    Thanks for the feedback, marksasongko. We have image and videos on the product plan but they are not part of the immediate next release though. Including images/videos in the notes make the app sluggish and that's the reason we decided to skip it for now. That said, we have this on the roadmap and will see how soon we can get these done.
    biggulpseh likes this.
    09-22-11 05:20 AM
    Just purchased this app and must say it looks great! Can't wait for Box.net sync. (please XLabs!)
    Ported all my notes during the last few hours and I was able to create many new tabs - not just 3 - and could pick new icons and colours!

Edit: Oh, I see....you want the tabs view right to the bottom! I agree....don't know what it would affect, if anything.
    We are already working on DropBox integration and the tabs are also being taken care off in the next update. Thanks for purchasing GroovyNotes.
    jvictor77 likes this.
    09-22-11 05:46 AM
    Amazing! Thanks so much for chiming in Prethab! You have just sold another copy of your software. I didn't have any doubts about the app, but I've been buying every single note-taking application I can get my hands on. With that being said, I've purchased a couple other prior to GroovyNotes, so I wanted to ensure I wasn't buying something that wouldn't eventually suit my needs. I now have 0 doubt about GroovyNotes!
    XLabz likes this.
    09-22-11 06:39 AM
    Amazing! Thanks so much for chiming in Prethab! You have just sold another copy of your software. I didn't have any doubts about the app, but I've been buying every single note-taking application I can get my hands on. With that being said, I've purchased a couple other prior to GroovyNotes, so I wanted to ensure I wasn't buying something that wouldn't eventually suit my needs. I now have 0 doubt about GroovyNotes!
    Glad to know that my comments helped you take a decision. Feel free to mail your comments as you keep using Groovy Notes, to our support email ID. Happy Grooving!
    09-22-11 06:51 AM
    The notes as of this version are saved in a Database. That said, we are already working on the next update which should be available in the next week or so. With that update, you can save the documents/notes as PDF, MP3 (for voice memos) and TXT files. You will also be able to backup this data to Dropbox and restore them.
    Thanks for the reply. You've just sold yourself another copy (well when I get home from work later that is) :-)

09-22-11 08:44 AM
    Could you also add the ability to put checkmarks with action items on a page. This way I can keep a list of actions on any particular page.

thanks
    09-22-11 08:51 AM
    One more suggestion:
    For the icons for the Tabs, can you add alphanumeric options A-Z,0-9?
    I wouldn't mind selecting an alphabet letter or number instead of a symbol.
    09-22-11 09:08 AM
    Just bought it, looks great ! One objection though, when vertically scrolling a longer note the text scrolls over the background, it would be much nicer if it could scroll with the background or at least if the text would snap between the lines.

Can't wait for Dropbox and file export support!
    09-22-11 09:17 AM
    Could you also add the ability to put checkmarks with action items on a page. This way I can keep a list of actions on any particular page.

thanks
    We will definitely consider this for a future update. Thanks for the suggestion.
    09-22-11 09:18 AM
    One more suggestion:
    For the icons for the Tabs, can you add alphanumeric options A-Z,0-9?
    I wouldn't mind selecting an alphabet letter or number instead of a symbol.
    Thanks for the feedback. Adding such a thing as we see would clutter the interface. Nevertheless, we will see what we can do about this.
    09-22-11 09:21 AM
    Just bought it, looks great ! One objection though, when vertically scrolling a longer note the text scrolls over the background, it would be much nicer if it could scroll with the background or at least if the text would snap between the lines.

Can't wait for Dropbox and file export support!
    Glad to know your like Groovy Notes. Please leave a positive feedback on App World if you like it.

We are aware of this issue and are looking at ways in which we can make this experience better. We might be doing something about this in a future update.
    09-22-11 09:22 AM
225 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD