They both look like really nice apps. Anyone tried them?
    jittu likes this.
    04-28-12 08:44 PM
    They have different strengths. I really like the appearance of Groovy Notes, but I prefer Diary Pro for several reasons:
    1. You can add photos with either the camera or from your gallery, and see them full-screen (No photos in Groovy Notes).
    2. The font size is easier to read in Diary Pro (neither app has adjustable font size or type).
    3. Only Diary Pro allows saving outside of the app.
    4. Only DP has password ability.
    5. Finally, GN seems to take longer to open and load than DP.
    6. I was impressed with the quick, informative response I received from DP support when I emailed questions. I haven't tried contacting GN support, so can't comment on that.
    Both allow voice notes.
    Groovy Notes is better for categorizing, and DP is better for organizing by dates.
    Both are useful apps. It depends on what you plan to do with it.
    Last edited by Shira3; 04-28-12 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Expanded response
    fbloise, tarmpung, jittu and 3 others like this.
    04-28-12 09:43 PM
    Gn have password protection too
    04-28-12 11:36 PM
    I have Groovy Notes and would not recommend it. I have problems from day one and their customer service is nonexistent. I'm still awaiting a response from them.

The "buttons" are difficult to press and if you have audio on your notes, synchronization with dropbox takes forever, actually for me all my recordings and notes gets corrupted or lost. The program tends to hang regularly and basically useless to me.

My efforts to get customer support have been unsuccessful, as they do not respond.

Others have had good experiences so the choice is yours.
    04-29-12 02:22 AM
    Well I'm going great with groovy notes, is my school, job and personal take notes app, the tags system, design and new stuff since the last update make me love it
    04-29-12 02:54 AM
    I like Diary Pro better but the lack of categories kills it for me, I don't want to to have them under dates but that's the only way whereas Groovy Notes has actual categories you can use on top of the calendar.
    04-29-12 03:52 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. I do need categories for my use, so that sounds like it will limit my choice.
    04-29-12 09:38 AM
    I choose Groovy Notes over Diary Pro too, because the former is more like a note jotting app which I really need. Both are actually for different purpose, the latter only does diary and not resembling notes at all.

Though groovy notes starts up slower and might use more RAM but it's more suitable for me.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-29-12 10:43 AM
    Thanks for starting this thread.
    We are the makers of Diary Pro(DP) app.
    As we promised with our contacted customers of Diary Pro app, we are planing to release Diary Pro 2.0 version by the end of the week, with lot of features.
    They are:
    *) Spell checker
    *) Auto correction
    *) Font settings
    *) Rating diary entry
    *) Auto capitalization.., etc

If you have any questions or ideas, please don’t hesitate to contact us([email protected]).
    We look forward to working with you.

Thanks and Regards:
    Infinite Appz Supporting Team.
    Infinite Appz - BlackBerry App World
    Last edited by jittu; 05-01-12 at 01:40 AM.
    Hobbes2099 and Akuji_ism like this.
    05-01-12 01:37 AM
    I am not at all thrilled by the PB's bloated native Calendar and Tasks (btw, I would gladly delete it and free the memory if someone told me how to do it )

So, I went searching for a relatively lean yet functional organizer that is also usable for quick note taking, task allocation and personal non-business-related to-do lists for SMALL projects or planing...basic voice, images, e-mail are certainly nice options but i could live with or w/o them....

after trying several free apps, including the SuperNotes which I consider the best of the leanest, i just downloaded Conqu.....for some reason Conqu refused to coexist with my SN and I had to delete them...

I don't mind at all to pay for an app but concerned that I will get much more than I use whilst bloating my me PB's memory.

so my question to those who have tried Conqu, should I stay with it or should I upgrade to GN or DP?...

from the looks of it, and the commentary above, it seems that DP is closer to my desired specs...any comments would be appreciated.
    05-02-12 07:18 AM
    Dear rational_mind,

As we promised with our contacted customers of Diary Pro app, we are planing to release Diary Pro 2.0 version by the end of the week, with a lot of features.

They are:
    *) Spell checker,
    *) Auto suggestions(Predictive Keyboard),
    *) Selection of font size and its family,
    *) Rating of a diary entry,
    *) If changes has been done, unexpectedly if your clicked back button now it will prompt for save or discard or cancel options using this options you never not lost your data.

All above features are enable and disable at any point of time.

We will respect our customers ideas, and we are very much happy to help.

If you have any questions or ideas, please don't hesitate to contact us([email protected]).

---
    Thanks and Regards:
    Last edited by jittu; 05-02-12 at 01:32 PM.
    05-02-12 01:29 PM
    I am not at all thrilled by the PB's bloated native Calendar and Tasks (btw, I would gladly delete it and free the memory if someone told me how to do it )

So, I went searching for a relatively lean yet functional organizer that is also usable for quick note taking, task allocation and personal non-business-related to-do lists for SMALL projects or planing...basic voice, images, e-mail are certainly nice options but i could live with or w/o them....

after trying several free apps, including the SuperNotes which I consider the best of the leanest, i just downloaded Conqu.....for some reason Conqu refused to coexist with my SN and I had to delete them...

I don't mind at all to pay for an app but concerned that I will get much more than I use whilst bloating my me PB's memory.

so my question to those who have tried Conqu, should I stay with it or should I upgrade to GN or DP?...

from the looks of it, and the commentary above, it seems that DP is closer to my desired specs...any comments would be appreciated.
    I run a small machine design business and use Conqu for GTD. I have tried the others and use them for note taking only. I have the least experience with DP but have used GN for some time. GN is very well built, nice to look at and feature rich. All good for taking notes, recording images and making notes or audio clips.
    For task lists and project work I prefer Conqu. It is smooth, fast, easy to edit, includes deadlines, uses tags, contexts and a nice UI in my opinion.
    So to me the Conqu good for tasks and project work
    Note Smartly, GN, DP and Picnote all good for taking notes and recording ideas etc.

There is a new product MeOrg that may be a good mix of both products but I have not had the time to try this yet.
    05-02-12 03:17 PM
    Dear rational_mind,

As we promised with our contacted customers of Diary Pro app, we are planing to release Diary Pro 2.0 version by the end of the week, with a lot of features.

They are:
    *) Spell checker,
    *) Auto suggestions(Predictive Keyboard),
    *) Selection of font size and its family,
    *) If changes has been done, unexpectedly if your clicked back button now it will prompt for save or discard or cancel options using this options you never not lost your data.

All above features are enable and disable at any point of time.

We will respect our customers ideas, and we are very much happy to help.

If you have any questions or ideas, please don't hesitate to contact us([email protected]).

---
    Thanks and Regards:
    Might take a little work, but if you want to completely replace Groovy Notes than make an option to make categories and allow entries to be sorted into these instead/with the standard calendar system.
    05-02-12 09:49 PM
    We are doing very hard work for Diary Pro 2.0.0.
    Hopefully you will like all features for Diary Pro 2.0.0.
    And we planing to release a mobile application for Diary Pro in 3.0.0 are you really like our idea.

All updates are free of cost.

We don't charge you for BlackBerry smartphone app. So hurry up to buy Diary Pro $2.99.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks and Regards:
    Infinite Appz Support.
    05-04-12 06:03 AM
    Looking forward to the update. I am really enjoying DP
    adrimo likes this.
    05-04-12 06:27 AM
    Nice Thread,
    I love this Thread.
    I will download both apps and I will give you a summary of the both apps, what can do with this apps?
    I think this will help you to justify which product to choose.

From today on wards I will download similar kind of apps and I will leave a best comparison.

I think you will like my idea.
    ---
    From Next Generation Reviewer.
    05-04-12 07:16 AM
    This is a great little thread. I have groovy notes and have been wondering about diary pro. I too have had a hard time with the dropbox sync in groovy notes. My play was to take notes of class lectures and record them, but after a week or two of recordings, dropbox sync becomes useless. Besides that the categories are pretty nice.

I'm still hoping evernote will make their app usable offline on the playbook someday.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    05-04-12 02:20 PM
    Thanks for encouraging us,
    We are uploaded Diary Pro 2.0.0 app in appworld. And appworld people are testing Diary Pro 2.0.0 app.
    After accepting my app I will intimate you all.

In Diary Pro we added:
    In Diary Pro 2.0.0 app we are added bellow features:
    *) Predictive Keyboard support,
    *) Spell checker,
    *) Customize font size and its family,
    *) Enable and disable Predictive Keyboard

Thanks and Regards:
    Infinite Appz Support.
    Last edited by jittu; 05-05-12 at 02:30 AM.
    05-05-12 02:10 AM
    Hey I bought Groovy notes today....
    Icons are too small to touch... Its not operational.
    I am totally disappointed Groovy Notes. Its taking too much time to load (For 15 Records).

I am not used Diary Pro. But I want to try because its offering more features.

---
    05-05-12 08:35 AM
    This is a great little thread. I have groovy notes and have been wondering about diary pro. I too have had a hard time with the dropbox sync in groovy notes. My play was to take notes of class lectures and record them, but after a week or two of recordings, dropbox sync becomes useless. Besides that the categories are pretty nice.

I'm still hoping evernote will make their app usable offline on the playbook someday.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Have you bought Diary Pro? What is your feedback?

---
    Last edited by pb.appcompactor; 05-05-12 at 08:39 AM.
    05-05-12 08:36 AM
    Thanks for encouraging us,
    We are uploaded Diary Pro 2.0.0 app in appworld. And appworld people are testing Diary Pro 2.0.0 app.
    After accepting my app I will intimate you all.

In Diary Pro we added:
    In Diary Pro 2.0.0 app we are added bellow features:
    *) Predictive Keyboard support,
    *) Spell checker,
    *) Customize font size and its family,
    *) Enable and disable Predictive Keyboard

Thanks and Regards:
    Infinite Appz Support.
    I am waiting for Diary Pro 2.0.0. I will buy DP 2.0.0, Please get back to me when the Diary Pro 2.0.0 is in appworld.
    05-05-12 08:42 AM
    I use Groovy Notes - but haven't tried Diary Pro.

I needed something for work and home and wanted something as close to OneNote as possible (would really really love to have OneNote on my pb).

I don't have any problems with GN and love how it categorises both by date, tag and category. However - i have almost never used the voice notes. I just use it for research notes, meeting notes, brainstorming, etc.
    05-05-12 09:14 AM
    I am waiting for Diary Pro 2.0.0. I will buy DP 2.0.0, Please get back to me when the Diary Pro 2.0.0 is in appworld.
    Dear @pb.appcompactor,
    Thanks for following us.
    Sure we will update you when Diary Pro 2.0.0 is in live.

---
    Thanks and Regards:
    Infinite Appz Support.
    05-05-12 10:26 AM
    Have a first look of Diary 2.0.0
    Last edited by jittu; 05-05-12 at 11:25 AM.
    05-05-12 11:08 AM
    I'm Groovy Notes user and there are w few thing that need improvement:

- the text size is to small;
    - the background lines are not the best;
    - the icons are too small;
    - changing the icons of the categories is to hard;

But the ability to export the notes (txt and pdf) and sync to dropbox are a major plus for me.
    05-05-12 03:17 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD