Hi Everyone,

We just wanted to let you all know that we’ve released a new update for Groovy Notes! On popular demand, we’ve added a few new features:

Groovy Notes for BlackBerry PlayBook updated to v3!-change-font.png

• Option to change text font and size
    • New option to compact Voice Notes to mp3 format to save disk space. Can also compact all previous recordings into mp3 with just a tap
    • Organize all “Categories” of your notes manually in any order you like
    • Updated to latest Dropbox service. Existing users might need to relogin to Dropbox to restore and backup data

Groovy Notes for BlackBerry PlayBook updated to v3!-organize-categories.png

Looking forward to hearing your experience with this latest version of Groovy Notes.
    10-05-12 12:40 AM
    Wanted to try this out for sometime but the price hasn't come down. Any chance I can get a trial offer or a free download code?!
    10-05-12 07:44 AM
    Will there ever be a future update that includes the ability to draw simple line drawings or to write words without typing them? Obviously this would cross over several lines on a page, just like in real life. But I can really see it adding even more value to an already amazing program.
    playbookpa likes this.
    10-05-12 08:07 AM
    Will there ever be a future update that includes the ability to draw simple line drawings or to write words without typing them? Obviously this would cross over several lines on a page, just like in real life. But I can really see it adding even more value to an already amazing program.
    That has been a request for some time but never get a solid answer from them....unless I've missed it. Agree this would add greatly as a production tool.
    10-05-12 08:28 AM
    I've been very pleased with Groovy Notes on my PlayBook, but yesterday's update created a problem with DropBox... logged in when I tried my first syncronize, but subsequently it creates different folders in DropBox?
    Groovy Notes for BlackBerry PlayBook updated to v3!-groovy_notes_error_dropbox.png
    10-06-12 01:40 PM
    Font and point size adjustment: Thank You! This alone moves Groovy Notes from never used to regularly used for me.
    10-07-12 05:19 AM
    GrooveyNotes was my first paid app when I got my PB almost a year ago and I use it all day every day for business use. There are a few issues that I am surprised were not rectified in v2 and then really surprised with the v3 update.

1: When the keyboard is up, and i minimize the keyboard, it cuts off the bottom half of the note that was 'behind' the keyboard. the note is blank. and it takes some finagling to make it reappear.
    2: anytime i touch the note to scroll up or down, it pops up the keyboard and the little bubble for 'copy, paste, select' etc. which then lead to having to minimize all of that, which leads right back to problem 1
    3: changing the date of a note seems to take 5-10 seconds to happen, and sometimes takes 2 or 3 tries.
    4: it takes quite a long time to load. this is a problem for me as i use it as my primary notepad now and if i need to quickly make a note of something like a phone number during a phone call, it can be troublesome waiting for the app to load.

Groovey notes is absolutely fantastic in the way you can create catagories and search thru notes, etc. Having the app run faster would be a huge compliment to it.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    10-07-12 10:44 PM
    Hi RRxtar! Thanks for letting us know. We will look into all these issues and will address all of them in the future updates. Will keep everyone posted.

GrooveyNotes was my first paid app when I got my PB almost a year ago and I use it all day every day for business use. There are a few issues that I am surprised were not rectified in v2 and then really surprised with the v3 update.

1: When the keyboard is up, and i minimize the keyboard, it cuts off the bottom half of the note that was 'behind' the keyboard. the note is blank. and it takes some finagling to make it reappear.
    2: anytime i touch the note to scroll up or down, it pops up the keyboard and the little bubble for 'copy, paste, select' etc. which then lead to having to minimize all of that, which leads right back to problem 1
    3: changing the date of a note seems to take 5-10 seconds to happen, and sometimes takes 2 or 3 tries.
    4: it takes quite a long time to load. this is a problem for me as i use it as my primary notepad now and if i need to quickly make a note of something like a phone number during a phone call, it can be troublesome waiting for the app to load.

Groovey notes is absolutely fantastic in the way you can create catagories and search thru notes, etc. Having the app run faster would be a huge compliment to it.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    10-08-12 12:06 AM
    Hi Everyone,

We've been receiving a few comments from our users stating that they�re being asked to pay for the latest update of Groovy Notes. We just wanted to let you all know, that neither have we made any changes to the pricing nor have we set any price for the latest update. This seems to be an issue with the BlackBerry App World.

Is anyone here facing this issue or any other issues related to price? If so, please let us know and we can take this up with RIM.
    10-08-12 02:20 AM
    I've been very pleased with Groovy Notes on my PlayBook, but yesterday's update created a problem with DropBox... logged in when I tried my first syncronize, but subsequently it creates different folders in DropBox?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Groovy_Notes_error_DropBox.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	122403
    Ah yes, I've seen this too. It seems v3 breaks the folder naming for notes categories, with whitespace now being typed � la html (%20); similarly the accented characters are all mangled when related notes are exported to a folder...
    A consequence among others being when you resync with DropBox, *A*L*L* your notes are re-sent and redistributed everywhere else with the new mangled folder namings...
    C_McD likes this.
    10-08-12 03:54 AM
    you can insert line drawings the same way you insert photos (same menu), the only thing is, the drawings you create are attached to the note (like the photos or audio records) and do not appear "inline".
    Indeed having drawings & photos inline would be an improvement, but basically, drawings are already there, just an extra click away.
    (and before inserting a drawing in the text I'd prefer multiple text formats inside the same note, � la rtf ;-)
    H.
    10-08-12 03:58 AM
    You're right... hope they fix it quick so I don't have to manually correct my DropBox.
    10-09-12 04:01 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Groovy_Notes_error_DropBox.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	122403
    Hi! We've just released V3.0.1 of Groovy Notes which rectifies this Dropbox issue that you're talking about. Please update and let us know if it's working fine.
    10-11-12 02:33 AM
    Hi! We've just released V3.0.1 of Groovy Notes which rectifies this Dropbox issue that you're talking about. Please update and let us know if it's working fine.
    I upgraded to 3.01 and definitely can confirm the above concern is corrected.
    "%20-polluted" namings in folders and accentuated characters issues have been cleaned up including within the backups and everything is back in order.
    (Only on Dropbox the previous "wrongly-named" folders still exist (marked as deleted) but this indeed is the way Dropbox works, as a versioning system. I went in the web interface and actually confirmed delete by hand, but this wouldn't have really been needed.)

Thank you for this quick* and efficient reaction!
    H.

(*) all the more than I understand 99% of the delay in outputting v. 3.01 is due to Blackberry approval process lag!
    Last edited by Herve5; 10-11-12 at 07:30 AM.
    10-11-12 07:18 AM
    Thanks for the quick response to the %20 issue.

No longer duplicates folder, but I'm not getting files updated, so I must need to do something else to sync - it says it syncs to DropBox, but when I check the files they are not up to date?
    10-11-12 03:54 PM
    Will there ever be evernote integration with Groovy Notes? Seems like a good fit, and I would love that functionality.
    10-11-12 07:29 PM
    Will there ever be evernote integration with Groovy Notes? Seems like a good fit, and I would love that functionality.
    I would strongly imagine not. In my limited experience, they are the same program doing the same thing - why would each dev want to cross-populate?

Essentially, would McDonald's ever sell Burger King Whoppers?
    10-12-12 06:30 AM
    Hi RRxtar! Thanks for letting us know. We will look into all these issues and will address all of them in the future updates. Will keep everyone posted.
    Hello XLabz,
    Can you respond to the multiple feature request for "free handwriting" selection is it possible, can't do it, it's coming, or something other than others suggested work around?
    Thanks....
    10-12-12 08:11 AM
    Thanks for the quick response to the %20 issue.

No longer duplicates folder, but I'm not getting files updated, so I must need to do something else to sync - it says it syncs to DropBox, but when I check the files they are not up to date?
    Well it appears my DropBox "BackUp Notes" may be working (it goes to DropBox), but when I try to "Synchronize Notes" it doesn't sync to DropBax? Do I need to do something to get the files to sync again after updating to 3.01?
    10-12-12 08:49 AM
    I would strongly imagine not. In my limited experience, they are the same program doing the same thing - why would each dev want to cross-populate?

Essentially, would McDonald's ever sell Burger King Whoppers?
    Yes and no, evernote is a platform, groovy notes is an app. Many apps out there allow syncing to evernote, using it as a storage bank, similar to the way it currently works with dropbox. Of course, I see it from your side, and would agree with the Dev if he felt he was risking people switching from his app to the evernote app <- which sucks on playbook, btw.
    Barljo likes this.
    10-12-12 10:41 AM
    Well, while the "Backup Notes" does go to DropBox, I noticed that there's been a folder nesting change which might have been at the root of my problem, so I did a Backup Notes to DropBox and then did a Restore Notes thinking that might fix it, but when I revise anote and select Syncronize, it doesn't syncronize with DropBox. Very frustrating. Wish I hadn't updated to v 3 now.
    10-13-12 04:58 PM
    Well, while the "Backup Notes" does go to DropBox, I noticed that there's been a folder nesting change which might have been at the root of my problem, so I did a Backup Notes to DropBox and then did a Restore Notes thinking that might fix it, but when I revise anote and select Syncronize, it doesn't syncronize with DropBox. Very frustrating. Wish I hadn't updated to v 3 now.
    Update: Still won't "Syncronize Notes" (still won't update exisiting notes, so I suspect there is a coding issue with the exisitng categories.) Note that I created a new Category which did syncronize. And when I "Backup Notes" that does indeed backup to DropBox.

The only thing I haven't done is delete the software and reinstall...
    10-14-12 09:18 AM
    Update: Still won't "Syncronize Notes" (still won't update exisiting notes, so I suspect there is a coding issue with the exisitng categories.) Note that I created a new Category which did syncronize. And when I "Backup Notes" that does indeed backup to DropBox.

My advice: delete the incorrecly-named folders on DropBox, and re-perform a backup. I didn't loose anything. (by 'incorrectly-named' I mean when you had a folder with a blank that turned into a '%20' for instance, or the same with an accented character)
    10-15-12 03:39 AM
    Hello XLabz,
    Can you respond to the multiple feature request for "free handwriting" selection is it possible, can't do it, it's coming, or something other than others suggested work around?
    Thanks....
    Hi! We don't have any plans for implementing the handwriting feature anytime soon. We might consider that later in the future.
    10-16-12 09:53 AM

Hi! Here's our suggestion:

• Go to Dropbox and RENAME the "GroovyNotes" folder to something else (Example: "GroovyNotesBackup".)
    • Try Backup and Synchronize from GroovyNotes after renaming as above.
    • Verify if all the notes are synchronized as expected.
    • If yes, then the "GroovyNotesBackup" folder can now be deleted.
    • If not, then we would need further information regarding the same. One of the causes could be presence of some special characters in the "Title" of the note or a "Category". Certain characters are not allowed in file names. Best to use only alphabet, numbers, spaces and underscores.

Let us know if you still have any issues.
    10-16-12 09:57 AM
38 12