Not supporting the predictive keyboard is what is holding me off buying this app, just don't understand why apps don't use this feature.
    06-09-12 11:02 AM
    My opinion, for the 5ct it's worth:

I love the BB bridge for PIM functions. I keep calendar reminders, notes, and tasks on my 9810, and open with the PB32 when on the couch not on the go. So Groovy Notes would be FANTASTIC to me if accessible by both the BB and PB. I realize it has far better notetaking ability than typical BB apps, but bridging has been so cool. So take it for what it's worth.
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    06-09-12 11:43 AM
    We have plans to include support for images (not inline but as attachments to a note) and free hand drawing (toggle between text and drawing mode) in the future.
    I am planning on buying Groovy Notes on Wednesday (stupid PayPal processing, was planning on getting it yesterday), and thought of a possible feature. While I was looking at apps I want to buy, I started a little excel sheet on my PB with a list of their names, prices, formula for taxes, and totals. I myself use excel for a lot of little things, both for personal and professional. It would probably be difficult to embed anything like that, but maybe it is possible to allow for an attachment of a file that is not a photo, such as Excel (or PDFs if you weren't planning on that).

I think it would be a good feature, allowing the attachment (shortcut) of a file like Excel that is not necessarily a picture or PDF. It would make it feel like more of a standalone, must kept open app. An app that your personal and professional life is right there at your finger tips.

Also, check your PM, I sent you a message about something that might be of importance to you. Thanks.
    10-22-12 03:00 PM
    I haven't been able to find anything on this, but is there the ability to scrub the voice notes while playing them back? I record hour-long meetings and when I'm reviewing them for transcription, it gets tedious to have to listen to the whole thing from the beginning every single time. Is the feature there and I just can't figure it out?
    11-08-12 03:12 AM
    Not supporting the predictive keyboard is what is holding me off buying this app, just don't understand why apps don't use this feature.
    I don't really understand this point. GroovyNotes does support the predictive keyboard in the main notes text field, including learning etc.
    It's just the title text and optional tags that use the 'minimal' keyboard (which is definitely good, for I wouldn't appreciate my tags to autocomplete to whatever else indeed)

(...) maybe it is possible to allow for an attachment of a file that is not a photo, such as Excel (or PDFs if you weren't planning on that).
    I definitely second this. With this feature GroovyNotes would become the Playbook hub to other files...

I haven't been able to find anything on this, but is there the ability to scrub the voice notes while playing them back?
    AFAIK you have to convert them to mp3 before (using the third button, next to "play"); then indeed the progress bar in play mode gets a button on it, that you can click and displace wherever you want, to replay a bit, fast forward etc. But only once compacted in mp3.
    H.
    XLabz likes this.
    11-08-12 03:33 AM
    I haven't been able to find anything on this, but is there the ability to scrub the voice notes while playing them back? I record hour-long meetings and when I'm reviewing them for transcription, it gets tedious to have to listen to the whole thing from the beginning every single time. Is the feature there and I just can't figure it out?
    Hi! As Herve has already mentioned, scrubbing of voice notes is possible; however this can be done only after "Compacting" the voice note.

For very long recordings this may take a while, however it is highly recommended to use the "Compact" or "Compact All" features of the application to compress the voice note. This will not only enable scrubbing but also compress the audio data and save disk space.
    11-08-12 09:16 AM
    I wish there was a trial of this or a satisfaction guarantee on it. Been thinking about getting it for 5 months.
    11-09-12 09:34 AM
    @Omahaha

It's a good app, but I can't help feel that the developers fail to make use of swipe down menus and bezel gestures.
    11-09-12 09:43 AM
    I wish there was a trial of this or a satisfaction guarantee on it. Been thinking about getting it for 5 months.
    I thought about it for a long time too. Ultimately I am glad I bought it and it is worth the money, but as Ishaq786 said, they should make use of the swipe down menu. The big thing I wish for is that I would also like them to have the option to hide the "All" tab. For me I use each tab for very different reasons and that All tab is of no use and just clutters it up.

Also another minor complaint would be that the lines on the notepad don't move with the text and sometimes the text on the note seems to get cut short were the keyboard would appear. Bringing up the keyboard and removing the keyboard normally fixes that.

Note: I haven't emailed them about all that yet, so I can't be upset. On the huge plus side, the company is very responsive to customers and make high quality apps.
    11-09-12 11:02 PM
    Also, whenever you click on an icon at the bottom, I'd like to click on the same icon to close the pop-up menu.
    11-10-12 03:46 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD