Hi All,

We’ve been reviewing all the feedback and suggestions from our users and decided the time was right to release the next update of Groovy Notes!

We have prioritized the most requested features and implemented them in this update. Here’s the list of new features in V 1.2.1:

• View your notes in both Portrait and Landscape modes
    • A read-only mode, so you can now read your notes without the keypad popping up! (Use the “edit/eye” icon below the note to toggle between “edit” and “read-only” modes)
    • Password Protection
    • Controls for voice recording; including Pause and Resume
    • Ability to record audio files of longer duration
    • Improved Calendar: Choose a date from the calendar to view notes for that date alone
    • Other performance enhancements and minor bug fixes

You can read more about Groovy Notes and download it here.

As always, please do email us at bbsupport [at] xlabz [.] com with your feedback and suggestions.

Few User Reviews:

“This is just what I have been looking for. I have been looking for a more classy, versatile note taking app for the PlayBook and this is one I can be proud to open when annotating critical meetings.”

“I’ve been searching for so long for a note app that works. I think this is the one that really does the jobs of note taking. Should make this the default/native note app for PlayBook!”

“The best note taking app I’ve found for the PlayBook. Clean interface, solid performance and great feature set.”
    Last edited by XLabz; 03-01-12 at 12:59 AM.
    03-01-12 12:51 AM
    This is great already but when you guys get a hold of the tat stuff its gonna be awesomely great. Lol love this app!
    XLabz likes this.
    03-01-12 02:10 AM
    Hello groovies! I was just wondering about this app the other day and the lack of updates for a while, good to hear from y'all. A few issues I have;
    1. Texts I find are too small the size of the texts in the bridged memopad would be ideal and a better font or fonts you can choose the type and size you prefer to view
    2. Some autotext action would be a killer

Give me those two things especially larger fonts and I'm good!
    Well done guys portrait is excellent
    03-01-12 05:26 AM
    This app is hands down one of the best apps I've purchased for PlayBook. It's perfect for me, it's absolutely beautiful, and XLabz develops great applications.

For anyone who is thinking about purchasing this, especially after these great updates, I assure you that you won't be let down.

Thank you XLabz, for helping me capture my mind!
    XLabz, BearSnout and bigbamboo like this.
    03-01-12 07:41 AM
    does this have stylus / freehand support?
    03-01-12 08:57 AM
    i'm a big fan of this app. it's so well designed. users asked for these new features and the developer delivered. well done.

will there be implementation of photo or video capture in the near future? i would like to use the PB screen cap to take a photo of a street map or use the camera to take a photo of an item i see on sale at the store and link the photo to a note, task or appointment.

keep up the good work.
    XLabz and LuayS like this.
    03-01-12 09:15 AM
    does it sync your calender with outlook
    03-01-12 10:08 AM
    This is another one of your apps I would LOVE to have on my PC too. It's awesome!
    XLabz likes this.
    03-01-12 10:12 AM
    Thanks for the improvements - great work! I would love to be able to flip pages - just like the picture above!
    03-01-12 10:36 AM
    Good news with the recent updates! Thank you guys. As everyone mentioned already,
    Following things make this app a greatest PB application.
    1. Better font size.
    2. Predictive Typing/Spell check.
    3. Instead of only texts scrolling up & down on a constant notebook background, both
    should move when we scroll through texts. This makes visually better.

I know you guys are constantly working on your apps to deliver best things! Hope to see an update in near future.
    XLabz likes this.
    03-01-12 02:01 PM
    How do Groovynote's capabilities compare with Evernote, and what are it's primary advantages?
    03-01-12 03:47 PM
    • A read-only mode, so you can now read your notes without the keypad popping up! (Use the “edit/eye” icon below the note to toggle between “edit” and “read-only” modes)

Thank you so much
    XLabz likes this.
    03-01-12 07:16 PM
    Does this automatically enter the calendar entries from the Playbook calendar to it? Also if you update on one does it update on the other? (i.e use the same database)
    03-01-12 07:39 PM
    Does this automatically enter the calendar entries from the Playbook calendar to it? Also if you update on one does it update on the other? (i.e use the same database)
    As far as I can see, the Groovy Notes calendar has nothing to do with the PB calendar. It is there so you can see the notes created or due on a given date.
    03-01-12 09:45 PM
    does this have stylus / freehand support?
    We currently don't support stylus/freehand but we have plans to do that in the future.
    Sansu94 and irvc.666 like this.
    03-01-12 11:29 PM
    � A read-only mode, so you can now read your notes without the keypad popping up! (Use the �edit/eye� icon below the note to toggle between �edit� and �read-only� modes)

Thank you so much
    Thanks to "you" for suggesting that
    03-01-12 11:30 PM
    i'm a big fan of this app. it's so well designed. users asked for these new features and the developer delivered. well done.

will there be implementation of photo or video capture in the near future? i would like to use the PB screen cap to take a photo of a street map or use the camera to take a photo of an item i see on sale at the store and link the photo to a note, task or appointment.

keep up the good work.
    We have plans to include support for images (not inline but as attachments to a note) and free hand drawing (toggle between text and drawing mode) in the future.
    03-01-12 11:36 PM
    This is another one of your apps I would LOVE to have on my PC too. It's awesome!
    A desktop version (Mac & PC) is easy to build but we don't have a reliable marketplace to sell it through. As a matter of fact, all our apps are compatible on both mobile devices and desktop computers (Mac & PC) it's just that we don't have a channel to sell them through. We are trying to figure a way out to sell desktop companions for all our popular apps.
    03-01-12 11:39 PM
    How do Groovynote's capabilities compare with Evernote, and what are it's primary advantages?
    Multiple things:

1) Evernote is not a truly offline app, it needs internet connectivity to keep synching your notes to cloud.
    2) Groovy Notes supports voice recording and playback which are tied to a note.
    3) Groovy Notes support exporting of notes to PDF files and voice notes to MP3 file.
    4) Groovy Notes backsup to DropBox not just your notes but the whole DB.
    5) Groovy Notes supports password protecting your notes.

And many more, you can read about all the features here: Buy Groovy Notes for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download Groovy Notes for BlackBerry PlayBook - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    03-01-12 11:45 PM
    thanks soo much for this update! that is a lot of fixes and they are all appreciated! awesome job. I wrote a review for it in my blog.. I don't get a lot of traffic since I just set it up a few days ago but wanted to let people know what a good app you have!
    irvc.666 and XLabz like this.
    03-02-12 01:02 AM
    microsoft app store when it launches with windows 8

but in the mean time I am looking forward to freehand/stylus support, currently using handrite (android sideload) for that it works pretty well but imagine if your beautiful app did that.
    03-03-12 01:10 PM
    How about offering your desktop companion software from your own company website. Dataviz did it for their DocsToGo? I would also like to see an alternative backup site to Dropbox since theirs isnt a supported app on Playbook. How about Box or even backup to desktop would be great.
    BearSnout and castleruins like this.
    03-10-12 03:50 PM
    I agree with everything Galaxysurfer said... I think you could use the dreaded PayPal for setting up sales from your website. Would definitely like to see another option for backup.
    03-10-12 03:59 PM
    Well - Bluebox is available for playbook, and that's a dropbox access app...
    03-10-12 05:55 PM
    How about offering your desktop companion software from your own company website. Dataviz did it for their DocsToGo? I would also like to see an alternative backup site to Dropbox since theirs isnt a supported app on Playbook. How about Box or even backup to desktop would be great.
    Another vote for a desktop companion.
    03-10-12 06:57 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD