04-19-12 04:49 AM
27 12
tools
    I am playing this game constantly and it is causing serious problems....my wife is pissed that I am playing it all the time. I have the feeling that I am going to feel the consequences. Any advice?

Sent from my PlayBook.
    DD1968, pinkert11, fbloise and 1 others like this.
    04-13-12 04:46 AM
    Buy her a PlayBook. Happy wife equals happy life!
    04-13-12 04:51 AM
    I am playing this game constantly and it is causing serious problems....my wife is pissed that I am playing it all the time. I have the feeling that I am going to feel the consequences. Any advice?

Sent from my PlayBook.
    I know just how you feel...
    04-13-12 05:05 AM
    Use the pass and play mode and go head to head. This will half the amount of time that you play. You won't completely kick this habit for a while but it's a start.
    04-13-12 05:15 AM
    Simply stop playing it lol! I have played it for a while but lately not that much anymore or not anymore.
    Time consuming game though. Just force yourself to stop playing it. Everything is possible aslong if you want it.

LimeTripBlog likes this.
    04-13-12 06:33 AM
    I totally agree. Last night I put the kids to bed as my wife was out. I thought hey I will just take a quick break and play a great little war. Then next thing I know she is home and I am getting the gears for not empty the dishwasher something, something, something. Once I had averted and apologized with long / bad day at work. I went back to playing only to make it to bed around 1:30. This game is too easy to get sunk into, but it is a great little game.
    RubiconDev likes this.
    04-13-12 07:47 AM
    It really is a great little war game.
    04-13-12 08:24 AM

Sent from my PlayBook.
    yep, tell her you're sorry and will stop, and then go play Skyrim on your console or PC for 12 hours non-stop. repeat for a week or two. Then when she's on teh verge of smothering you in your sleep, sit with her in the next day, and play GLWG while telling her you decided to spend more time with her instead of Skyrim
    04-13-12 09:00 AM
    Does it have online multiplayer?
    04-13-12 02:24 PM
    It does have pass and play but not real multiplayer. But it's coming soon on a new update.
    04-13-12 02:27 PM
    I hope everyone here has this game, it's a MUST HAVE! for sure!
    04-13-12 02:51 PM
    It's not an "update" exactly. Let me set the scene - this game is actually a year old. We only recently became aware that playbook has a proper native SDK now and here we are from a couple of weeks ago.

In the meantime, we've been working on the sequel, which is in late internal Beta right now, awaiting a public Beta sometime after my vacation next month. Release will be about July.

The online multiplayer is what we've been focussing our attention on for a couple of months now. It's asynchronous, uses fog of war and there's 70 maps to play on (ok, some of which will be iap's). It's also cross platform - you can play on any machine you own vs anyone on any machine they own. Start a game on your PB/BB10 on the tube, finish it on PC/Mac at home. Against one of those Android types who think they know best...
    04-13-12 05:14 PM
    It's also pretty realistic. Those who control the oil control's the world!
    04-16-12 06:41 PM
    Man this game killed my sleep last night I spent 2 hours on mission 16.
    It's so worth the 5 bucks
    04-16-12 07:59 PM
    It's a great game that's fo sho. Let's see some of those updates with new maps
    04-16-12 09:46 PM
    Hope to see the update/online ver soon, just completed campaign 19... Done all the skirmishes - excellent game def should be a front page blog review imo.
    04-17-12 01:00 AM
    Gonna be a few months yet before the big launch, sorry. We do update our games often but this one's had five already and we've been working flat out on the sequel for some time.

I think part of the time delay can be blamed on the fact that we can't stop playing the multiplayer around the office. It's all good testing!

That's assuming we can turn our abysmal sales around on rim though. After a great start we've dropped off a cliff.

Edit: PS: Don't forget that the "switch" button on the campaign screen has some other mini campaigns available. There are 55 missions in total, of which only the first 20 show up by default. The rest get unlocked as you progress iirc. (The add-ons are much harder)
    04-17-12 02:06 PM
    Gonna be a few months yet before the big launch, sorry. We do update our games often but this one's had five already and we've been working flat out on the sequel for some time.

I think part of the time delay can be blamed on the fact that we can't stop playing the multiplayer around the office. It's all good testing!

That's assuming we can turn our abysmal sales around on rim though. After a great start we've dropped off a cliff.

Edit: PS: Don't forget that the "switch" button on the campaign screen has some other mini campaigns available. There are 55 missions in total, of which only the first 20 show up by default. The rest get unlocked as you progress iirc. (The add-ons are much harder)
    Don't worry the sales will go up
    One way to do it is by releasing a free lite version of GLWG.
    This strategy has done wonders for a lot of games in the app world.
    04-17-12 02:31 PM
    Yeah, a free trial is in with RIM already. Given how quick they passed the premium version I'm surprised it's not out already tbh. Should be any day.
    04-17-12 02:50 PM
    Cool, will check this out while waiting for the ug.
    04-17-12 02:57 PM
    The trial version is now available on AppWorld. Enjoy!
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    04-18-12 04:33 AM
    How is this game not in the top 3 on appworld?
    04-18-12 11:27 PM
    I'm not sure you are able or willing to tell - which I completely understand - but I'm very curious as to what "abysmal sales" means? I ask as I've been under the impression from seeing other game developers comments that sales on the Playbook have been better than what they expected. I presume that this is, of course, a relative statement as each developer would have different definitions of success. In any event, just curious.
    04-19-12 12:57 AM
    I'm happy to discuss. See h20works comment for background.

At launch we did massively better than expected given the respective size of the market, lack of any PR work and etc. Got straight to #1 in front of Angry Birds (and Angry Pigs!?!?) and we made much of that internally!

That was worth around $1500 a day in income, which to a five man team is a pretty good top up! We were well happy and excited about our new found seam of good sales, and talking about adding PB and BB10 to our top tier for future releases and ports etc.

However, a couple of weeks later we were doing more like $50 a day and trending downwards, dropped out of the chart completely and everything looked a bit . (We actually make more money than that from our free with adverts dice game on the other formats!)

We're aware the pricing is near the top end for a game, so hopefully the existence of a free trial will allow us to maintain some middle ground on the charts in future, but we really can't tell yet. Fingers crossed.
    04-19-12 02:21 AM
    Get a write up done and send it to one of the mods for a front page blog review. Stir up some interest in those who've missed it up to now.
    RubiconDev likes this.
    04-19-12 03:15 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD