The enemy don't cheat. It's a common complaint when people are getting their asses whooped!

Damage dealt is modified by how damaged the firing unit is, in other words if you shoot first you will end up better off.

If you want cross platform and proper online multiplayer (together) then watch out for the sequel hitting the streets in another couple of months.

Might still bring that to playbook even though our sales are tanking toward zero already.
    04-12-12 04:57 PM
    Great game but anyone else noticed that the enemy seems to have more power with the same weapon systems than you? I mean I use the same type of weapon fully charged and fire on him and only cause 12% damage but he hits me and gets 35% or 50% damage on me! And yes, even if I am at a greater range and elevated (supposedly having the advantage). Umm, can we say update?
    Try doing a like for like comparison?

If you do A) to B), then the enemy doing A) to B) will have the exact same result.

God, why do people shout "bug" or "cheat" the second they don't understand something...
    h20work likes this.
    04-12-12 04:59 PM
    ^^Sorry to hear your sales are not hot on the Playbook. I hope everyone on here has picked up their copies at the very least. If you do decide to bring out number 2 on the PB I will pick it up for sure. Outstanding little game, my fav. for sure!
    04-12-12 05:14 PM
    I think it's probably the guys on here only tbh, so thanks all for that.

We had a crazy peak and went right to #1 then dropped off sharply. And I thought the more discerning BB owner would prefer something more cerebral than whanging birds at random and hoping for the best. Ah well, lol.
    04-12-12 05:44 PM
    I think it's probably the guys on here only tbh, so thanks all for that.

We had a crazy peak and went right to #1 then dropped off sharply. And I thought the more discerning BB owner would prefer something more cerebral than whanging birds at random and hoping for the best. Ah well, lol.
    Please bring the sequel!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the people who think the enemy cheats, try counting the cha-ching's they get and keep track of what they spend. From what I have seen, the enemy is a little more frugal and saves up for tanks

Anyone who hasn't purchased this game is missing out. Why the he// haven't one of the mods done a review of it yet?
    RubiconDev likes this.
    04-12-12 06:19 PM
    Try doing a like for like comparison?

If you do A) to B), then the enemy doing A) to B) will have the exact same result.

God, why do people shout "bug" or "cheat" the second they don't understand something...
    I never said it was a bug or cheating. Someone else did but not me. I was just stating a user experience and wondered if anyone else had similar experiences. Read people before placing everyone in the same box and pointing fingers.
    04-12-12 06:24 PM
    You mean apart from suggesting an update is required, presumably to "fix" it?

I get it all day mate, and the AI still doesn't cheat and the weapons really are all the same. I know, I did the code. 2.5 million players have it pretty well tested by now too.

Sorry, I know that's a bit of an arrogant response but these kinda posts are getting kinda old from my perspective - been answering these "suggestions" for over a year and sometimes I even lose!
    04-12-12 06:34 PM
    I understand your position. It was just an observation and I apologize if my words came across misunderstood. I was just asking and as I said, I never said a game 'cheats'. I'm older and much wiser than what is perceived to suggest that. Hey, I purchased the game and have a hard time putting it down.
    Last edited by Hamp; 04-12-12 at 07:08 PM.
    04-12-12 07:06 PM
    Sighs, ok... As I'm the person who used the dreaded "C" word, here:

No, but I would like to see how much cash the enemy has to spend, they seem to pull troops out of nowhere - I'm sure they're cheating
    Look a winking smiley - wonder what that's for...

From what I have seen, the enemy is a little more frugal and saves up for tanks
    I had realised they were doing this, was just making a light hearted comment back to the person who thought the weapons were scoring unevenly - which I did say I hadn't noticed btw, and they prob just didn't understand how it worked.

The enemy don't cheat. It's a common complaint when people are getting their asses whooped!
    I'm actually kicking the enemies arse when the spend their "savings" lol

I LOVE this game and bought it the day it was released. Will buy the sequel without a second thought, as someone said sorry it's not selling as well as it should be.
    But to be blunt you need to lighten up or you'll begin to sound like another dev we have on the forums who is always posting how nobody loves him ( I'm cynically sure he's just posting for some publicity and isn't really hurt half the time) ( <- look)

And this is so true:

Anyone who hasn't purchased this game is missing out. Why the he// haven't one of the mods done a review of it yet?
    There should be a front page blog feature.

Peas
    partizan666 likes this.
    04-13-12 12:34 AM
    Well I had smileys too, let's not fight.
    DD1968 and darktoy like this.
    04-13-12 02:29 AM
    Well I had smileys too, let's not fight.
    Cool, no fight here, just didn't want to be taken out of context... And you also had lots of "frownies" in your post too

Genuinely love the game. It's made it to my most used apps dock along with my other 5 faves...

Looking forward to the multiplayer ver...
    04-13-12 02:40 AM
    In all cases, I think this game is great! Yes, we're not fighting. I appreciate the devs for it and looking forward to future updates to make it even more addictive!
    04-13-12 09:15 AM
    Talking of which. Not really an update but a trial version is coming sometime next week. We have it working here already but there's some issue with RIM approving it in time for the weekend.
    04-13-12 09:27 AM
    Sweet! Any way to elaborate on the 'trial' version to give us an idea of what it may entail or you can't give details at this moment?
    04-13-12 09:30 AM
    A trial version will definitely help. This is a great game that I play on the train each day after work.
    04-13-12 09:31 AM
    how dare you rubicon!!!
    Dont you realise pb is a defunct platform, ios and android devs will be cutting you dead in the corridors!!!!
    Seriously though, great game, cheers.
    04-13-12 09:42 AM
    Sweet! Any way to elaborate on the 'trial' version to give us an idea of what it may entail or you can't give details at this moment?
    No big secret.

You get the first few missions and one skrimish map iirc. (Been a long time and not me doing it.)
    darktoy likes this.
    04-13-12 10:12 AM
    I like this one, do you havee any idea where to buy this?
    04-13-12 11:16 AM
    It'll be free once it's out.
    04-13-12 11:26 AM
    RIM just approved our free trial version if anyone's still on the fence.

Hope you like it.
    04-18-12 02:35 PM

Hope you like it.
    Trial is good, but the game is solid, worth the price IMHO. Personally, I made decision to purchase after viewing couple of youtube videos from the android versions. Cannot put it down, and have to fight my 5yo for it constantly. Developers like this should be supported with crackberry nation's hard earned money
    DD1968, RubiconDev and h20work like this.
    04-18-12 04:47 PM
    I justed played this game for 2 hours strait....oh my goodness im hooked!

Thanks Dev's!
    04-18-12 07:34 PM
    I justed played this game for 2 hours strait....oh my goodness im hooked!

Thanks Dev's!
    Be careful....

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...y-life-716121/
    04-18-12 08:15 PM
    We are thinking of opening some Betty Ford style clinics when the sequel comes out. Until then everyone should just seek counselling from family and friends.
    04-19-12 02:07 AM

Hope you like it.
    Awesome, will let you know if I do.
    04-19-12 03:01 AM
155 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD