If anyone out there in CrackBerry land is like me you have given over to the almighty cloud! With Google Music or Play (whatever they are calling it now) one can stream an entire library of tunes via wi-fi, but I was bummed out when I would stream music in the browser and when I would open a new tab all my groovy tunes stopped playing! StayLit was my savior, but the app didn't make the 2.0 upgrade. Rejoice my friends! For I have found the answer! GoogMusic is available in app world for 99 pennies and offers the same setup as StayLit (I'm listening to groovy tunes as I type this on my PB).

If this news is elsewhere in the forums I apologize for a double post...but I had to spread the news!
    cones688 likes this.
    03-30-12 02:36 AM
    Thankyou so much for your kind recommendation, as the developer of the app its great to see people using and enjoying it!

I'm sorry I can't make a proper native app however Google provides no developer APIs for me to use so the only possible way is the current webworks app.

Glad you're finding it useful!
    04-09-12 03:30 AM
    If anyone out there in CrackBerry land is like me you have given over to the almighty cloud! With Google Music or Play (whatever they are calling it now) one can stream an entire library of tunes via wi-fi, but I was bummed out when I would stream music in the browser and when I would open a new tab all my groovy tunes stopped playing! StayLit was my savior, but the app didn't make the 2.0 upgrade. Rejoice my friends! For I have found the answer! GoogMusic is available in app world for 99 pennies and offers the same setup as StayLit (I'm listening to groovy tunes as I type this on my PB).

If this news is elsewhere in the forums I apologize for a double post...but I had to spread the news!
    I can't find this app. Do you have a link?
    04-09-12 07:45 AM
    04-09-12 12:44 PM
    Why are there no screenshots

Does this app feature the super cool/easy web app interface that's seen when you load Google Play on Android devices (and on SimpleBrowser with the Android UA)? Or is it the clunky browser interface?
    04-09-12 01:09 PM
    Thanks for the heads up on the lack of screenshot - I've submitted one just now.

The app is a separate browser runtime of google music, which will remember your login, doesn't crash if your browser crashes, has better allocation of resources and has none of the browser chrome so you have more screen real estate, it isn't a launcher but a webapp of the google play music website - In my experience its way more stable than the site in the browser as I run it all day hooked up to my HDTV. The nice tablet interface runs off the browser sig which unfortunately I can't manipulate, it would be much better!

I am still trying to remove the black google bar at the top and enable some controls using swipes on the screen to change songs however google makes it very hard to "adapt" it's sites so its proving difficult - I will keep on trying though!

Thanks everyone for your interest.
    04-09-12 01:52 PM
    Thankyou so much for your kind recommendation, as the developer of the app its great to see people using and enjoying it!

I'm sorry I can't make a proper native app however Google provides no developer APIs for me to use so the only possible way is the current webworks app.

Glad you're finding it useful!
    Hey I would love to use this app, but it doesn't look like it is available in the Canadian Appworld. I know Google music doesn't officially support Canada, but there are many easy ways around that and I use it all the time on my phone and computer. So if it should be available in Canada let me know, maybe it's just me, but if it isn't it would be awesome if you could made it available up north.

Thanks!
    04-09-12 11:11 PM
    Hi there,

I had this question today from a guy in Switzerland too! I have submitted a ticket with RIM to open access worldwide which they denied when I first launched the app - will see what they say this time, if not I will take it up with them. I am in the UK so I understand your frustrations so will message you as soon as I know an answer.

Thanks for your interest!
    04-11-12 11:09 PM
    Any chance of getting this to work on my 9930, app world says not available for my device. Or maybe another solution to get google music to work better on my device.
    04-17-12 09:33 AM
    Since this is in playbook apps and games my guess is it is not for the phones.
    04-17-12 09:54 AM
    For anyone still following the thread and interested the app is now available WORLDWIDE that means all you guys and gals everywhere you can get it now in appworld! Any problems PM me or email the support address on App World I will be more than happy to help you out! Thanks and if you like it why not leave a 2 second review

Search Term: Googmusic
    04-17-12 02:26 PM
    Awesome to hear! I will be grabbing it today.
    04-18-12 01:31 PM
    Good news everyone!

I finally managed to get the android tablet web version of google music loading in the app with a bit of hacking. It works well I just need to tidy the code up, so expect and update soon!

As ever, any questions, comments or requests drop me a message!

With this being render being more phone friendly i might even try deploying it to OS6 and OS7.. but no promises there. BB10 is a goer though.
    05-13-12 05:32 PM
    Bought this yesterday after reading that it was available worldwide ,then signed in only to get a message that it is only available to US.please advise.
    05-14-12 07:09 AM
    sorry for any confusion, I meant that the app was available worldwide... Google Music however is still USA only.

The only time you need to be US is to get past the agreement of terms and conditions, im not sure what the mods opinions on me posting this? But you only need to use a proxy to accept the terms so go on Hide My ***! Free Proxy and Privacy Tools - Surf The Web Anonymously then advanced options, chicago then type in google.com/music and sign up, as soon as thats done you've got google music!! You don't need to ever use a proxy again (even for uploading).

Then login in on your playbook should be fine! As the post explains above i'm currently changing the interface to the android tablet one which is much more finger friendly and integrates in to the native controls on the playbook.

If you don't want to use the proxy service or would like a refund instead of the app email my support address: craig@wallstreetmash.co.uk

Thanks mate
    Cancross likes this.
    05-15-12 05:24 AM
    Good news everyone!

I finally managed to get the android tablet web version of google music loading in the app with a bit of hacking. It works well I just need to tidy the code up, so expect and update soon!

As ever, any questions, comments or requests drop me a message!

With this being render being more phone friendly i might even try deploying it to OS6 and OS7.. but no promises there. BB10 is a goer though.
    This would be phenomenal. Navigating the desktop version of Google Play on a BlackBerry phone is brutal. I'd pay for that app for sure.
    05-15-12 07:37 AM
    As soon as this is updated I will be buying it as I use Google Music daily.
    05-15-12 10:38 AM
    Is there any news on the update for this app to make it look like the android web version or has it been abandoned.
    05-27-12 09:32 AM
    Just spoke to the developer by email and we should have an update in the next couple of weeks, he is busy with final exams at the minute.
    cones688 likes this.
    05-27-12 09:57 AM
    Hopefully this is good news for everyone but after a busy weekend of bug squashing I think the update for Googmusic is ready for release. The update is free for everyone and includes the android tablet interface along with local caching of library files and links in with the native play/pause (the skip unfortunately for now doesn't want to play nice). It has been submitted to App World now so is awaiting approval!

For some reason due to the air/webworks libraries you will need to reboot your playbook the first time you install. After this the first load will take you to the google login page, the load time between this and the interface does take a little time as it caches the entire library database, so be patient it might be a white screen for a while. Again this only happens the first time, after this it should now load great (Portrait and Landscape), but any problems please just email me and I will look into it.

It is fully tested in 2.1 and 2.0, I havn't put in the BB10 simulator but I dont see why it wouldnt work.

Any questions, issues or requests please give me a shout as feedback is great on iamcrdesign@gmail.com

Also finally as everyone on here as been so great with this being my first app I'd like to offer everyone in the thread currently a full refund (minus RIM's cut) for the app as you have had to wait so long. Please email me on iamcrdesign@gmail.com with your paypal email address and some kind of proof of your username (A screen shot of your login on crackberry, showing you editing a post of yours etc).

Also to anyone reading the thread if you post after this post and screenshot the same along with sending me a picture to iamcrdesign@gmail.com of your submitting a review for googmusic (with a review or rating you feel is worthy) I will send a half price refund to all of you (again minus RIMs cut). Remember if you buy it immediately it is NOT the updated version yet (thats pending update approval in App world).

Any profit (I'm a student) from this is going to my travel/accommodation at BB Jam in London for me to learn to make even better apps for you guys/gals!

For any twitter fans follow @CR_Design
    06-05-12 06:45 AM
    No need for a refund as the app is so cheap anyway. I use this app on a daily basis and the update should make it even better.
    Happy to support a young dev trying to make apps, keep it going.

Regards
    Bill.
    06-05-12 06:54 AM
    How long does it take for app world to approve an update to an app as i am still waiting for this one.
    06-08-12 04:15 AM
    Just got the update to this app today and it's just like the google music experience on Android now.
    Works great.
    06-11-12 04:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD