GTA 3 or 4 would be great games on the pb...especially since games like Machinarium and Angry Birds look so good on it
    there is no way PB (or any tablet at present) can run GTA4, the game is heavy on hardware and needs much more cpu and ram to run smoothly on PC it self.

It was a bad port fromconsole to PC. A fsntastic game though, loved playing it.
    10-14-12 10:15 PM
    10 years seems to be a good time for PC->Tablet port. So maybe we'll see GTA 4 anniversary edition in 2018. Hopefully sooner though.
    10-14-12 10:30 PM
    10 years seems to be a good time for PC->Tablet port. So maybe we'll see GTA 4 anniversary edition in 2018. Hopefully sooner though.
    Right now ten years seems to be a good time. But hardware develops quicker than big software at this point. So by next year, that gap may be down to five years!
    10-15-12 06:05 PM
    If it's difficult porting GTA III to Playbook I'll be happy with Chinatown Wars. How hard would it be to convert the Android version?
    10-15-12 06:55 PM
    there is no way PB (or any tablet at present) can run GTA4, the game is heavy on hardware and needs much more cpu and ram to run smoothly on PC it self.

It was a bad port fromconsole to PC. A fsntastic game though, loved playing it.
    It will run fine on playbook. Not sure where you get the idea it wouldnt. Just look at Shadowgun or 9mm.
    10-15-12 11:23 PM
    I can play GTA 3 on my Nokia N9 running Android which is 1GHz single-core. I finished the game on it.
    So yeah, Playbook can definitely run it.
    Last edited by xsacha; 10-16-12 at 04:41 AM.
    jeroen_13 likes this.
    10-16-12 04:25 AM
    It will run fine on playbook. Not sure where you get the idea it wouldnt. Just look at Shadowgun or 9mm.
    I have played that game on PC and from that I can tell you that it was very demanding on hardware(you do not have to trust me, try it), I was running it on 1440*900 on a GTS250 + C2D E8200 @ 3.2 GHz + 8GB Ram and never managed to get 30+ FPS. It was a bad port from console version; not really optimized for PC. Plus it is CPU extensive and not GPU.

About shadowgun or 9MM, they are made for mobile platform don't they? GTA IV may come with reduced graphics and in order to run it on Playbook, it needs to be heavily optimized for Playbook(more than "a bit" rewriting perhaps).
    10-16-12 04:47 AM
    I can play GTA 3 on my Nokia N9 running Android which is 1GHz single-core. I finished the game on it.
    So yeah, Playbook can definitely run it.
    GTA III and IV are fit for an apple to orange example, GTA III is an OLD game, whose recommended specs were 700 MHz CPU, and 128 MB RAM, 32 MB DirectX 8.1 video card. Current mobile hardware can easily beat that by margins in all aspects.(Grand Theft Auto III - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

They need not consider about hardware performance while porting it to mobile platform. Where as GTA IV was one heavy beast on hardware(it still is), Quad Core Processor, 2 GB of RAM, DX9, 16 GB of disk space (Grand Theft Auto IV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). And from experience I can tell you that even this was not sufficient in real world.

So just because N9 can play GTA III, ...
    10-16-12 04:52 AM
    So just because N9 can play GTA III, ...
    it DOES mean Playbook can run GTA 3.

I think you misread what I was talking about :P
    10-16-12 04:57 AM
    it DOES mean Playbook can run GTA 3.

I think you misread what I was talking about :P

Argh, I am sorry, I thought otherwise.( I guess I read the two posts in continuation)

GTA III for sure it can run,
    Last edited by adi_vastava; 10-16-12 at 05:16 AM.
    10-16-12 05:01 AM
    Or why not San Andreas?
    10-16-12 06:07 PM
    Download the Gameboy Advance emulator for Playbook and run GTA:Advance. It's really not a bad game. The graphics are alright too otherwise I would say try Driv3r:Advance. I had GTA2 for GameboyColor on my Torch Better than nothing.

GBA Emulator:http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook...games/?did=621
    Last edited by ABugiani; 09-27-13 at 04:14 AM.
    09-27-13 03:06 AM
    So why dosent gta3 work on playbook. It dosent work on mine at least. I have the data files n everything.
    09-27-13 05:53 AM
    Many Android games don't work on the Playbook. The games tend to use native Android code which isn't supported by the Playbook android emulator.
    10-03-13 06:19 AM
    I will give you a link ok
    08-27-14 05:06 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD