Hey i'm a first time poster, i tried to look for some good gps apps but i couldn't find any. Didn't really find what i was looking for on other threads either.

I'd like one that would talk and tell me where to go next, i don't want to have to constantly look at my playbook, or my torch to see if im going the right way.

If there are none for the playbook, are there any for the phone?
    I'd really appreciate it someone could tell the name of an app that would speak and tell me where to go.

Thanks a lot!
    10-11-11 02:44 PM
    I don't think any playbook gps program TALKS yet.

There are a few for the bb phones. I've got the Garmin but it is a bit pricy. Some carriers offer similar programs for monthly fees. I think I just saw that there may be a new offering for Verizon (check the Crackberry homepage where there was an article).

Then there is the entire gps subforum on Crackberry for more info and help.
    10-11-11 02:53 PM
    Try LifeInPocket GPS Life Enrichment and Navigation, it is free and available from app world. Or search it on the internet, it is by RoadComm.
    10-11-11 03:14 PM
    Try LifeInPocket GPS Life Enrichment and Navigation, it is free and available from app world. Or search it on the internet, it is by RoadComm.
    awww i live in canada, that app looked promising! haha
    10-11-11 03:27 PM
    Waze also does a pretty good job. as long as your trip isnt over 200 miles. you can also find Waze in the app world and it's free as well, I also think they are international. this would be for your torch, its what I use and it works great, and does verbal turn by turn and follows you on a map just like a garmin or tom tom would.
    11-17-11 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD