I am looking for a full featured Media (audio) player. Not one of those streaming audio ones, one that plays my music. Does anyone know of one that is available?

If I cannot find one I will have to design and get 1 written.
    Also if anyone is writing one please let me know so I don't write one too. Does anyone believe (or know) that RIM is going to update that basic music player?

If I cannot find one I will start a new thread and take suggestions on features to incorporate.
    07-10-12 10:57 PM
    The reality is that many things will probably get addressed in BB10. Unfortunately, I'm tired of beating on that drum, even though its probably true.
    07-10-12 11:31 PM
    I have enough of my own work now that I don't need to reinvent the wheel, but if I can not find something being made in will give it a go.
    Especially if it qualifies for the 10k guarantee.
    07-11-12 01:40 PM
    I say go for it if you think its right. From what I can tell, there is no development for a 3rd party audio, never has been in app world either. You can go ahead and write one, try to qualify for the 10k guarantee, but it would suck if you go through all that trouble for BB10 just to find out RIM tied all the loose ends on their media player. Tough decision, I guess.
    If you want to write one quickly for the Playbook right now, then yeah go ahead. There's at least 6 months before the new OS comes along, but i wouldnt invest all my resources into it just because most people won't download 3rd party if the native one is just fine in BB10.
    07-11-12 02:29 PM
    I am looking for a full featured Media (audio) player. Not one of those streaming audio ones, one that plays my music. Does anyone know of one that is available?

Also if anyone is writing one please let me know so I don't write one too. Does anyone believe (or know) that RIM is going to update that basic music player?

If I cannot find one I will start a new thread and take suggestions on features to incorporate.
    I started one, but I don't know how far it will go or how long it will take. So go for it, competition is always good anyway.
    07-11-12 02:35 PM
    I started one, but I don't know how far it will go or how long it will take. So go for it, competition is always good anyway.
    hah, there.. you have his blessing

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using CrackBerry Forums App/Tapatalk
    07-11-12 04:30 PM
    Please see if this is what you want? I submitted it to App World 7 days ago and hopefully can be approved this week.

Music Up for BlackBerry PlayBook

07-11-12 05:32 PM
    I would not count on bb10 adding or fixing any of the missing or deficient aspects. I will be pleased if bb10 makes it to the pb by the 1st quarter 2013.
    07-11-12 06:00 PM

What exactly are you looking after in the audio player?
    I am too after for a decent one, something like winamp (the one what can be sideloaded is a joke). But for now, I have settled down with Flac player. It is a basic, but very good native music player with folder support (which is a must for me). Sure it could be cheaper, but anyone adding more choice to the Playbooks media app selection needs to be supported IMO.
    seattletom likes this.
    07-11-12 06:47 PM
    Please see if this is what you want? I submitted it to App World 7 days ago and hopefully can be approved this week.

Music Up for BlackBerry PlayBook

Looks very cool, i've been waiting to get my hands on something like this. Do you think you will add online radio station support, that would be something i qould really like to have so i can stop using winamp.
    07-11-12 06:49 PM
    I say go for it if you think its right. From what I can tell, there is no development for a 3rd party audio, never has been in app world either. You can go ahead and write one, try to qualify for the 10k guarantee, but it would suck if you go through all that trouble for BB10 just to find out RIM tied all the loose ends on their media player. Tough decision, I guess.
    If you want to write one quickly for the Playbook right now, then yeah go ahead. There's at least 6 months before the new OS comes along, but i wouldnt invest all my resources into it just because most people won't download 3rd party if the native one is just fine in BB10.
    I am working on Flac Player (which can now play MP3 files too) and this is one of the reasons that I priced it a little bit on the higher side.. Even though it is a very basic audio player still, it has been quite a bit of work of to get it this far and most likely once BB10 comes out I won't be seeing much of a return on it.

I am doing it mainly for my own experience though - to learn more about QNX and the BB10 framework, which I do like a lot. That and because I decided to toss all of my CDs after converting them to Flac files a couple of years ago
    07-12-12 03:37 AM
    What exactly are you looking after in the audio player?
    I am too after for a decent one, something like winamp (the one what can be sideloaded is a joke). But for now, I have settled down with Flac player. It is a basic, but very good native music player with folder support (which is a must for me). Sure it could be cheaper, but anyone adding more choice to the Playbooks media app selection needs to be supported IMO.
    Thanks, I do appreciate the support! I tried the sideloaded version of winamp too and it wouldn't even start up for me without crashing first..
    07-12-12 03:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD