Hello all...

I have a PB 32GB, and I understand that a certain app, Snappay, which is a mobile POS app which allows anyone to use their Android phone to charge a customer/client using their credit card, will work on my PB...

I do not really "know" how to do this....but I just went to Google Play, and try to install the app, I get the same notice that my account does not have a phone associated with it - so thebinstall is not allowed...

??? Could someone offer up some help? I thought that the PB could run Android apps - is that true? I Really want to use this app - but need to put it on my PB...

Plus - is that all one has to do? Been searching here for an actual "method" to try to see if an Android app can even work on a PB...and this Snappay would be a lifesaver for me as I can then simply use my PB at a clients offices to bill their company creditcard directly...instant $ they say directly into my PayPal account! I need that app - but do NOT use an iPhone or an android phone - total RIM PB and BB here...

Help pls?

Jim
    03-11-12 06:11 PM
    Hi Jim

It is true that the PlayBook can run certain Android apps, but you can't download them straight from Google Play. The apps will have to be converted, then sideloaded to your PlayBook. Check this CB post for more information: http://crackberry.com/how-sideload-a...oid-app-player

If the bar file you need isn't available right here in the forum, you can see if someone is willing and able to convert it for you. Good luck!
    Last edited by VeniceBB; 03-11-12 at 06:19 PM.
    03-11-12 06:15 PM
    ah....muchly appreciated!

will search for some of that info...is there even someone who'd do this for a Paypal payment? I'd pay for this...this app WILL SO help my consulting biz...instead of paying a Canadian bank thousands and wait weeks, I can charge a client cc instantly - and with Paypal acting as the "bank" on all these charges, I get paid instantly!!!

I need that app....if anyone reading this can help pls IM me or let me know at jrudnick at kkti dot com...

:-)

Jim
    03-11-12 06:21 PM
    The app has been converted and from what I can tell works. It's located on this site: Side Load App List
    03-11-12 07:26 PM
    Gee whiz - many thanks...er...but...now that I can see that .bar file - what do I do with it to make it an app on my PB?

Sorry -total newbie here to the PB...

Jim
    03-11-12 08:00 PM
    Gee whiz - many thanks...er...but...now that I can see that .bar file - what do I do with it to make it an app on my PB?

Sorry -total newbie here to the PB...

Jim
    Watch this video and article by CrackBerry: http://crackberry.com/how-use-androi...-and-load-apps

It's really clear and will help you to load the app.
    Last edited by sideloadapps; 03-22-12 at 03:14 AM.
    03-11-12 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD