I'll be looking forward to updates.
    06-18-11 09:43 AM
    I finally got around to trying this. It works great!! Thanks a ton for developing and sharing.
    06-18-11 11:19 AM
    OK here is a new version it includes:

1) Swipe from the top application menu where you can set the URL that it loads
    2) Portrait mode support

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8853997/0.0.16/StayLit.bar

I did not see an easy way to implement do not go to sleep, but dim the screen as expected. Note they have added a dim bar to battery icon menu so I have just been using this to dim my screen manually.

If anyone knows an easy way to do that let me know.
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    06-18-11 02:32 PM
    Awesome update!! I just used it to open Bubba The Love Sponge on radioIO.com and can still use the browser.

You should turn this into a Streaming radio app and sell it in AppWorld. I'd buy it.
    06-21-11 07:26 PM
    The updated version is great with the ability to change streams, but it doesn't seem to be keeping my PB on, it times out after 5. Is my PB having an issue or did something change?
    06-23-11 12:34 AM
    It should not time out if you move the app to be the foreground app. I am not sure a background app can keep the playbook awake? Is this the issue you are seeing? or is it timing out while you have the app selected?

The updated version is great with the ability to change streams, but it doesn't seem to be keeping my PB on, it times out after 5. Is my PB having an issue or did something change?
    06-23-11 03:38 PM
    I had it in the foreground but as soon as the screen dims, it stops. I'm almost at the point of wiping and reloading this thing, maybe this is another good reason...
    06-23-11 03:56 PM
    I get the same behavior. StayLit is the foreground app but the PlayBook still goes to sleep. But I might have an idea what is the problem.

I point StayLit to SomaFM's Drone Zone: Drone Zone on SomaFM: Served best chilled, safe with most medications. Atmospheric textures with minimal beats. - Commercial-free Ambient Radio from San Francisco
    Because that URL runs a Flash app itself I'm guessing that it overrides the goodness that StayLit is doing.

PB Bob
    06-23-11 08:40 PM
    Will RIM ever enable true multi tasking with tabbed browsing? That would solve this whole thing.
    06-24-11 05:41 AM
    Yes I can reproduce this. Ill check it out and see if I doing something wrong here. Thanks for the report.

I get the same behavior. StayLit is the foreground app but the PlayBook still goes to sleep. But I might have an idea what is the problem.

I point StayLit to SomaFM's Drone Zone: Drone Zone on SomaFM: Served best chilled, safe with most medications. Atmospheric textures with minimal beats. - Commercial-free Ambient Radio from San Francisco
    Because that URL runs a Flash app itself I'm guessing that it overrides the goodness that StayLit is doing.

PB Bob
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-11 07:25 AM
    Will RIM ever enable true multi tasking with tabbed browsing? That would solve this whole thing.
    I'm sure they will, but if we can make a workaround now, why not do it? I'd rather find a way to make it work than posting and reposting one-line zingers against RIM.
    06-24-11 12:31 PM
    So there are certain sites that when surfaced the web browser component overrides what I have set in my app to keep the screen lite.

I have created a never version where there is a checkbox "Stay Lit with screen flashes".

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8853997/Stay...16/StayLit.bar

What this does is every 20 seconds it moves the browser to the background and back to the foreground and asks the screen to stay awake. This does cause a quick screen flash every 20 seconds (but if you are just trying to listen to audio it is not a big deal). I am sure there is a more elegant solution it was just what I could come up with for now.

The other thing you can do it just pull down and leave down the settings screen and the app will stayawake (keeping the browser in the background).

There is also a bug that if you do start the screen flashing I does not go away when you uncheck the checkbox, until you restart the app. I will fix this, but I had done all this Friday night and have not had a chance to get back to it so i wanted to go ahead and make this version available.
    PB Bob and cognatus like this.
    06-26-11 07:43 AM
    Just wanted to offer a big thanks, kmbauer! I'm using your next to last version right now (without the screen flash) to listen to Rhapsody in the background while surfing around and it is working like a champ! I really appreciate your efforts!!
    06-26-11 10:23 AM
    The 26th June release does the trick for me. Thank you very much kmbauer.
    I'd be more than happy to pay for this app so let's see it published!

One suggestion, I wonder if there is an API you can use to discover the system's current timeout settings? If so then you could tune the timing of the "flash".

PB Bob
    06-29-11 11:32 AM
    Hmm, this new version doesn't want to hold the url after I close it. Anyone else seeing this?
    06-29-11 11:39 AM
    The URL persists for me. But then I notice I don't have the checkbox. That's odd. I downloaded again the app to make sure I have the latest and deleted the app on the device before reinstalling. Nonetheless the streaming pages I have been to don't timeout now.
    06-29-11 06:39 PM
    Bob it is not saving for me. Ill take a look this weekend. Thanks for the report.

06-29-11 07:02 PM
    I downloaded Comic Sans browser in the appstore, changed application behavior to Showcase in the settings. Opened the comic sans browser and went to a radiostation and voila, my streaming radio works while i type thise! Working superb!
    06-30-11 05:04 AM
    Bob it is not saving for me. Ill take a look this weekend. Thanks for the report.
    FYI: Also seeing the time out issue with BellyUp4Blues - The Only *** Kicking Blues Rocker. Will try the version with the screen flashes and see if that corrects it.

Any new builds coming soon or should I just try the one you uploaded her last on the 26th?

Thanks!
    06-30-11 07:38 AM
    Just saw Stay Lit Music in the App World! Congrats!!

Based on the description it looks like the original build that only loaded Google Music beta.. You going to be updating it anytime soon? If so, I'll buy a copy!
    07-01-11 06:17 PM
    Edit: appworld says this app is currently being updated and will be available later. nice. what version you kicking it up to?

going to purchase right now. def worth it. good job and thanks
    Last edited by mscooley; 07-01-11 at 07:21 PM.
    masterfurda likes this.
    07-01-11 07:19 PM
    Edit: appworld says this app is currently being updated and will be available later. nice. what version you kicking it up to?

going to purchase right now. def worth it. good job and thanks
    The one approved was the .1 versions, the one before the last I posted here. I am going to see if I can fix some of the bugs reported and will submit it as an update. They are much quicker at approving updates than approving apps the first time.

07-02-11 06:09 AM
    The one approved was the .1 versions, the one before the last I posted here. I am going to see if I can fix some of the bugs reported and will submit it as an update. They are much quicker at approving updates than approving apps the first time.

Just bought it! Thanks!
    07-02-11 11:17 AM
    New version of stay lit .2 now in app world. Fixes the url persistence issue reported here on the .1.16 version. I also added a title in the swipe down application menu so you can keep the screen dark but still see what's playing (assuming the site you are listening to keeps the title updated).

07-04-11 08:22 PM
    Thanks for developing the app! Was struggling to get Google Music to work in the regular browser, and it works fine through your app!
    11-19-11 11:27 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD