02-24-12 10:34 AM
31 12
tools
    In my case, it sees the GPS and tracks you just fine, but when I get to navigation, it freezes and after a few seconds complains about GPS signal being lost. Get out of navigation - everything is fine, I can see the cursor moving on the map. Happened with 6.0.2 and 6.0.3. Any ideas?
    I've got 6.0.2, and that happened to me once. I haven't tried it again because I've only had the app for a day. Plus, the GPS seems to be kind of hit and miss...a few minutes ago I had a signal on the map screen, now its saying unavailable.

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...8/#post7157644
    02-22-12 08:11 PM
    Gps in Google is more accurate using agps.... Since we have no phone signal, no agps.

The reason why I love gmaps, is because I can pre-cache a whole area, so my pb is not dependant on having data.(I live on an island, 3 cache is all I need)
    02-22-12 08:28 PM
    It looks like if I find a location from the maps screen and then go to "navigate", the GPS works fine. If I go to "navigate" first, and start the navigation, that's when it gets frozen and looses GPS... Weird, will do more testing today
    02-23-12 07:48 AM
    It looks like if I find a location from the maps screen and then go to "navigate", the GPS works fine. If I go to "navigate" first, and start the navigation, that's when it gets frozen and looses GPS... Weird, will do more testing today
    I just tried that with 6.1.1, downloaded from goodereader.com, seemed to work better. Don't know if its the version or your method that worked though. I tried porting 6.3.0 last night but it would crash when going into Settings. 6.1.1 has worked the best for me so far.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stealth22; 02-23-12 at 02:12 PM.
    02-23-12 02:10 PM
    I am finally using my playbook as a turn by turn gps. its paid for itself twice over.

Love how it works with the tether, im sure it would work with bridge data but I pay for tether so i never bothered.

I'm just trying to sign in now. I remember there being a work around for this with the 2.0 beta but I cant seem to find it.
    02-23-12 11:50 PM
    saw apost that said it worked tethered, does it work bridged?
    02-24-12 10:34 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD