Why hasnt google done it for the PB? Do they ever plan to?

I bought Navigation app for $6 and its a clusterfu** . Worst GPS app Ive ever tried let alone buy. Worst purchase ever made by me.

Is there anything like Google Navigation, easy to use and even if its paid?
    07-13-12 04:35 PM
    Why hasnt google done it for the PB?
    Don't know.
    Do they ever plan to?
    Don't know.
    I bought Navigation app for $6 and its a clusterfu** . Worst GPS app Ive ever tried let alone buy. Worst purchase ever made by me.
    That sucks.
    Is there anything like Google Navigation, easy to use and even if its paid?
    Try Google Maps.
    07-13-12 05:18 PM
    I guess I canNOT see google supporting a non-android platform if limiting their app to Android sells more of THOSE devices.

Folks have sideloaded the android app and have had reasonable success.

Ask for a refund:

Send an email to appworldbilling@rim.com.
    07-13-12 06:23 PM
    Google Maps (Latitude), which needs to be sideloaded, works and has navigation, but is quirky. It tends to crash in OS 2.0 but is very stable in 2.1 beta. It also has a tendency to lose its GPS signal, which navigation is dependent upon. Also, any version after 6.2 crashes when trying to enter settings, which you need to do in order to cache maps for offline use- though I think that someone said he could download maps on version 6.9 without entering settings.

There is also an app in app world called Osmand that has navigation and is free.
    07-13-12 07:07 PM
    Osmand is a free maps and navigation app. It supports google maps, offlkne vector map, map quest, etc. Well worth the try, its free
    07-13-12 07:15 PM
    Try Nokia Maps at Nokia Maps
    07-13-12 08:37 PM
    In the past week i asked a similar question in this forum and i was recommended Wisepilot, which looks good, but it can even recognize my location(dunno if its my fault;probably lol)

I would also like a good map app for my PB, but they all require an internet connection, which is hard, since my PB is only Wifi...

This is a downside for PB...

Pedro

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    07-14-12 07:17 AM
    Osmand and Google maps only require an internet connection to calculate a route- they don't need it to actually navigate the route.
    07-14-12 07:31 AM
    So, i should be able to find a route home, and then travel it with no wifi(on the road)?

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    07-14-12 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD