I really need a file explorer app for my playbook (running 2.0 beta), but am not sure which one to buy. the one with the highest ratings seems to not be compatible with 2.0 (based in reading reviews). i really just need it to find excel and word documents in a flash. right now, i download a file and then am unable to find it, and i go to the "downloads" section and it isnt there. what do you guys suggest?
    12-28-11 11:52 AM
    I have File Manager and Files and Folders. Both are good. I have no idea if they work in 2.0 beta. So my reply is pretty much useless to you
    12-28-11 12:03 PM
    Files & Folders
    12-28-11 12:07 PM
    I found Astro.v2.3.1.noexpire.bar to be an excellent file manager. I have actually never searched for a file with it, since I have managed to wander around inside the PB and located what I was looking for. I think it is an android app that was made into a .bar app for the PB and can be found in the thread where the converted apps are.
    12-28-11 12:11 PM
    Tried Air Browser but it didn't do it for me so I got Files & Folders (paid) from app world and its great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-11 12:12 PM
    I really need a file explorer app for my playbook (running 2.0 beta), but am not sure which one to buy. the one with the highest ratings seems to not be compatible with 2.0 (based in reading reviews). i really just need it to find excel and word documents in a flash. right now, i download a file and then am unable to find it, and i go to the "downloads" section and it isnt there. what do you guys suggest?
    I use both Files and Folders (paid) and Air Browser(free). Both get the job done - Files and Folders has some advanced cloud-sharing features that I use all the time.

Could you tell us a little more about your difficulty in locating downloaded files? Bridge apps Iincluding Bridge browser) store downloaded files silently when you opeen them. They can be fount in your smart phone's documents folder (in a hidden sub-folder). Files downloaded with the regular browser always go into the downloads folder on the PlayBook.
    12-28-11 12:13 PM
    We've been testing Files & Folders with the latest OS2.0 developer beta for a while now. While we can't officially support 2.0 yet, it seems to work just fine.
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-28-11 02:53 PM
    +1 for files and folders. Love the email a file feature and dropbox/box integration.
    Astro is a very good android file manager too...
    12-28-11 05:21 PM
    Is Files & Folders able to fully access the directories in file:///accounts/1000/appdata? Mainly looking for the capability to delete some directories inside there because of the dire need to remove Bridge related directories when a certain bug pops up that RIM refuses to acknowledge... or is that area protected?
    12-28-11 06:14 PM
    Is Files & Folders able to fully access the directories in file:///accounts/1000/appdata? Mainly looking for the capability to delete some directories inside there because of the dire need to remove Bridge related directories when a certain bug pops up that RIM refuses to acknowledge... or is that area protected?
    Hey, that's where my app puts its data. It's mine, all mine. Hands off!

Seriously, the folders in there are read only.
    12-28-11 06:32 PM
    im with file manager. files and folders. both doing great.
    12-28-11 06:33 PM
    Is Files & Folders able to fully access the directories in file:///accounts/1000/appdata?
    No, those folders are declared off-limits by the OS. You can only remove them by removing the app that they belong to, or by rooting your device and removing them manually.
    12-28-11 09:35 PM
    No, those folders are declared off-limits by the OS. You can only remove them by removing the app that they belong to, or by rooting your device and removing them manually.
    Thanks! Had a feeling I'd be stuck with no easy way...
    12-28-11 10:43 PM
    I use the file manager from Cyanogenmod.
    12-29-11 12:44 AM
    I highly recommend the file manager called "Stuff". It's in App World, is super slick, does Dropbox, ZIP, etc. I think there's a free trial.

Buy Stuff - Download Stuff - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    03-09-12 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD