If you are a Playbook developer and want to get some added exposure, you might want to check out a great new feature in the largest alternative playbook app store in the world.

The Good e-Reader App Store launched in January and we currently have 700 free apps, that have been converted from android files to bar files.

We have worked fairly hard at launching our own Playbook App Client, where you can find new apps and download them right to your Playbook.

We want to introduce a brand new feature, paid apps! If you are a developer and want to monetize your apps, we can host them and sell them for you! Developers earn 100% royalties on all sales.

here is how it works

- You provide us with your Companies or your own PAYPAL email address
    - This email address is used for customers to pay you
    - we support serial codes or activation codes
    - The money is instantly sent right to your account
    - Customers cannot download your app unless they pay for it
    - You provide us with the BAR files, images, icons and we will make a great profile

This is a great way, for our site to feature your apps. we are really just looking for a few to start with, but the web based version of the paid apps, is fully operational and the playbook client in about 3 days.

if you have any questions, please let me know via PM or please comment on this thread. We really want Comics, e-Reading and eBook developers as our main focus, but all are welcome.
    Last edited by kozmonaut; 06-01-12 at 03:37 AM.
    darktoy likes this.
    06-01-12 03:19 AM
    I'm curious to see how this works with the encryption aspect that BB Appworld provides.
    06-01-12 09:19 AM
    Developers would send us their own Bar Files and price point and we would host it and charge for it on our own app store. The Blackberry Encryption only affects apps downloaded from Blackberry App World. So because developers are sending as the Paid or PRO versions of their apps, we are bypassing app world. This does not violate any TOS because App World is the only game in town besides us, and RIM is not going to rope anyone into exclusive contracts unless your BIG
    06-01-12 11:26 AM
    This is a very nice option. There are lots of apps that get rejected by RIM, some of them are really useful like for instance "PlayTorrent". So a second App World for playbook would encourage these developers to support their apps.

I've got few questions:
    How would you confirm that the person uploading the bar file is actually the developer of the app?
    What if people convert apps and publish them? This happened with RIM too a lot of people converted android apps which didn't belong to them just to get a free PlayBook from RIM
    06-01-12 11:39 AM
    IF an app already exists in App World we verify the developer submitting the app is the correct one, right now its invite only. People cannot post apps themselves, only we can do it. Basically at this point its the honor system and we have only approached a few guys so far.
    Last edited by kozmonaut; 06-01-12 at 05:59 PM.
    LimeTripBlog likes this.
    06-01-12 05:56 PM
    I dont have much good to say about someone fragmenting the market.
    06-01-12 06:19 PM
    It's called choice

06-01-12 08:06 PM
    As android side loading, I truly appreciate Good evening-Reader pb app effort... Fantastic!

My remarks
    - your client is a android port. Native would be a thumbs up
    - a amazon Kindle on pb Clint app client
    - not sure if it would ever be possible, it would be great if app could be installed directly to pb with no need of pc/laptop. Else, much easier using rims app store.
    06-01-12 08:22 PM
    Installing directly from the client is something we are working very hard on doing, its no small feet. We do try our best, but its not like we have 5000 to throw at it to make it work, seeing as though all our apps are free and the paid apps we do have, all royalties goto the developer.
    06-01-12 08:43 PM
    IF an app already exists in App World we verify the developer submitting the app is the correct one, right now its invite only. People cannot post apps themselves, only we can do it. Basically at this point its the honor system and we have only approached a few guys so far.
    I'm glad that your team has done all the homework, wishing you all the success.

You guys should try contacting the developers of this app called PlayTorrent
    I sent you a PM.
    06-01-12 09:06 PM
    I got the PM, the email is bouncing back. If anyone knows any quality apps that got rejected from App World or if they devs do e-reader, comics apps, etc would love to hear from you.
    06-02-12 06:17 AM
    So you shop one Supermarket, one hardware store and one brand of toothpaste? Although, I do think there are too many toothpastes to chose from!!!
    06-02-12 10:01 AM
    I think there is value in offering an alternative option. Considering we have had over 2.5 million downloads on our Playbook Apps and Android Apps, that speaks volumes on people liking it.
    06-02-12 01:22 PM
    How about the makers of that Desktop Bridge app. Didn't they get rejected from App World?
    06-02-12 01:43 PM
    If you know anyone who would be a good fit for our store please send them a PM and ask them to get in contact with me via PM or email.

We have just developed a 7 page licensing agreement that all developers have to sign. It basically outlines royalty, payment, liability and the entire structure of listing an app in our store. This should alleviate some concerns.
    06-02-12 02:49 PM
    Would emulators be accepted into this other app store? PSX and other gaming emulators
    06-02-12 10:46 PM
    If you can figure out a way to let people install a paid app without letting them download the .bar, I'd be willing to put some apps up, both free and paid.
    06-02-12 10:53 PM
    Yeah, the only way to do it right now is to download the BAR file, but people more or less are an honest sort. Our paid android apps work a ton better because they are only installed right from the android client itself.

I am finding it quite hard to develop a solution for a native playbook app store that lets you install apps right from the device.
    06-03-12 02:53 AM
    Would emulators be accepted into this other app store? PSX and other gaming emulators
    for sure! I think we have a few in the store already.
    06-03-12 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD