Thanks for all those who purchased and suggested e-Mmanuel+!
    This app is well worth the purchase price. It has done nothing but improve since I purchased it. Thanks for all your efforts in developing a superior product.

BTW, if your looking for ideas...

...consider providing a direct link from each search result back to it's location in the currently open Bible tab.
    12-09-11 08:41 AM
    BTW, if your looking for ideas...

...consider providing a direct link from each search result back to it's location in the currently open Bible tab.
    Already done... See a sneak peek image of the new search screen on my FB page
    12-09-11 08:53 AM
    Already done... See a sneak peek image of the new search screen on my FB page
    Awesome. Thanks.
    12-12-11 12:50 PM
    emmanuel is good
    12-12-11 12:55 PM
    I have a question about this e-mmanuel app, what exactly will it do as opposed to having say, the Ignatius Bible downloaded on the PB?
    12-12-11 01:13 PM
    I have a question about this e-mmanuel app, what exactly will it do as opposed to having say, the Ignatius Bible downloaded on the PB?
    If you mean compared to just a PDF version of the bible, a dedicated bible app such as e-Mmanuel+ provides easier navigation and, depending on the app, added features such as different fonts, user defined bookmarks, notes, search functionality, etc. I believe that e-Mmanuel+ is the only one that provides tabs for quick switching, a parallel mode to have two versions side-by-side, and a prayer log.

However, since you mention Ignatius, I have to say that e-Mmanuel+ does not include or support Catholic translations at this time. Coincidentally, I received a request from a Reverand for Catholic translations yesterday, so I'm considering possibly a separate app for Catholic versions.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-12-11 05:12 PM
    If you mean compared to just a PDF version of the bible, a dedicated bible app such as e-Mmanuel+ provides easier navigation and, depending on the app, added features such as different fonts, user defined bookmarks, notes, search functionality, etc. I believe that e-Mmanuel+ is the only one that provides tabs for quick switching, a parallel mode to have two versions side-by-side, and a prayer log.

However, since you mention Ignatius, I have to say that e-Mmanuel+ does not include or support Catholic translations at this time. Coincidentally, I received a request from a Reverand for Catholic translations yesterday, so I'm considering possibly a separate app for Catholic versions.
    I would be most interested in a Ignatius Bible RSV app if and when it becomes available. Thanks
    12-12-11 06:51 PM
    YouVersion has a cloud-based "Notes" feature that allows users to read others' notes and make their own visible. This is a nice feature, though not for everybody. It also allows you to sync notes and bookmarks across devices (though oddly, not across translations).

YouVersion has some Catholic translations, but I don't think the Deuterocanonicals are included. I could be wrong.
    12-12-11 07:03 PM
    Another vote for e-Mmanuel+.

I use it regularly for personal study, church activities, and as a public safety chaplain. Having a copy of the Bible with me almost everywhere (since I take my Playbook just about everywhere I go) is great. Having multiple versions, with search and side-by-side comparison capability, is fantastic! Now I'm looking at connecting the Playbook to a projector via HDMI and using it for a Bible study. My wife, who uses Olive Tree on her iPhone, uses e-Mmanuel+ on her Playbook and likes it as much as I do.

I will also say that jetstreamblue does a fantastic job of supporting the app. Unlike some apps that clearly need fixes but haven't seen any love from their developer in quite some time, e-Mmanuel+ gets new features regularly. I e-mailed queries about bug fixes twice in early versions, and in both cases they were fixed within 24 hours. That's a developer who's on the ball! I haven't found even a minor bug in the last several versions, and I really appreciate the continued updates and improvements. If there's a better Bible app for any mobile device, or a Bible app with better support, I haven't seen it yet.
    Last edited by RescueCop; 12-16-11 at 03:46 PM.
    4wheel and jetstreamblue like this.
    12-16-11 08:43 AM
    a problem I have encountered and a suggestion for an improvement not related to the problem

The Problem: I am unable to highlight the last verse of any chapter.... not sure if this is unique to me

The Improvement: When the highlighter task bar is open it obscures some of the text that is on the right side of the screen. You may want to make the text viewing area shift to the left so that the bar is not an overlay or put the highlighter bar in the menu bar above
    01-06-12 10:30 AM
    a problem I have encountered and a suggestion for an improvement not related to the problem

The Problem: I am unable to highlight the last verse of any chapter.... not sure if this is unique to me

The Improvement: When the highlighter task bar is open it obscures some of the text that is on the right side of the screen. You may want to make the text viewing area shift to the left so that the bar is not an overlay or put the highlighter bar in the menu bar above
    I cannot replicate the problem you described. Can you contact the support e-mail address directly to discuss this?

As for the improvement suggestion, coincidentally, I just have a conversation with another user about this today. I'll improve this in the next version.
    01-06-12 10:49 AM
    I cannot replicate the problem you described. Can you contact the support e-mail address directly to discuss this?

As for the improvement suggestion, coincidentally, I just have a conversation with another user about this today. I'll improve this in the next version.
    I tried emailing the support address and it comes back undeliverable

If I either choose the verse in landscape mode or scroll down to it, I can not select the last verse (no matter which chapter of the Bible) .. when I press the highlight button is highlights the verse prior (only when trying to do the last verse of a chapter)

I just noticed it today... I will try rebooting and report back

(BTW I am on the non Beta OS)
    01-06-12 12:36 PM
    I tried it again... It is not every last verse of the Chapter ... it is only when the last verse is a small portion (Try Luke 24 for example, it will not work for me)

Genesis 20 works though
    01-06-12 12:45 PM
    I would be most interested in a Ignatius Bible RSV app if and when it becomes available. Thanks
    Me too! Would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    01-06-12 05:16 PM
    +1 for e-manual. It has a bunch of great features, and a developer who is constantly upgrading and refining the app. This is my favourite Bible app.
    +1 I love this program, beyond the tabs you can change books, chapters, verses with the drop boxes on top. I print an annual reading plan and can pick up easily when i have used it for small group bible study etc. This is Awesome program
    Last edited by Media Warrior; 01-07-12 at 08:53 AM. Reason: lack of spell check...
    01-06-12 09:03 PM
    King James version of the Bible in EPUB format here, works well with Book Reader:

http://media.ldscdn.org/epub/lds-scr...bible-eng.epub
    01-06-12 09:15 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD