can anyone suggest a good bible app (not king james version please). i have the 9930, an itouch and droid tablet...and they all have youversion, which is awesome. but i can't find it in the PB app world.
    12-08-11 09:15 AM
    I had the same issue. Try biblegateway.com, its really good, also you can try the mobile site by clicking in the top right corner if I remember correctly, will save some distracting banners

(at first i wanted an app but its a really robust site, different versions, audio bibles and so on)

good luck
    12-08-11 09:34 AM
    also make a favorite and save it to your home screen
    12-08-11 09:34 AM
    id like that tio
    12-08-11 09:35 AM
    I am using "Holly Bible" Frans Effendi its quite ok. I am hoping "lifechurch.tv" will bring one for playbook
    12-08-11 09:40 AM
    I'm a big fan of Youversion as well. My church uses the live feature, which is great when I have to work and can't make it to church. The Youversion website works well, even when bridged, but to the Playbook browser will only load the mobile version of the site and they don't provide a link for the desktop version of the site (at least I can't find it ). If you do a search in this forum, there's a bar app you can side load called Desktop Browser which will give you the full version of the site, but if your just looking for a really good Bible app, try e-Mmanuel Bible Reader, it's really good app, you can load multiple Bibles (ie English Standard, Amplified Bbile, etc) take notes, search for references, and a lot more.
    12-08-11 09:47 AM
    someone needs to make a native version that doens't need connection and u can open it offline..

for both BB and PB
    12-08-11 09:54 AM
    e-mmanuel is a very good one.. there is a paid version and a free Christmas version (not sure the differences between the two.. other than a Christmas background )

That said, I tried the Christmas one.. liked it and bought the full version (to support the developer)

I have contacted youversion, and they also say something 'exciting' is in the works for the PB
    mtnsrgr8 and paysonw like this.
    12-08-11 09:54 AM
    someone needs to make a native version that doens't need connection and u can open it offline..

for both BB and PB

e-mmanuel does that.. it allows you to download the versions right to your PB (I dont think there is a streaming option)

NIV comes preinstalled
    12-08-11 09:55 AM
    e-mmanuel is really good. I dare to say it may be better than youversion for blackberry. It allows 3 opened tabs to be used for devos, and small groups without losing your old spot, It also has a parallel function to see the difference between the versions. It also responds faster than Youverison and contains bible notes, references and a search feature.
    mtnsrgr8 likes this.
    12-08-11 10:15 AM
    e-mmanuel is really good. I dare to say it may be better than youversion for blackberry. It allows 3 opened tabs to be used for devos, and small groups without losing your old spot, It also has a parallel function to see the difference between the versions. It also responds faster than Youverison and contains bible notes, references and a search feature.
    And the paid version is only $1.99 so not that bad at all

8 English versions available to download (free) and a bunch of foreign language ones as well

The only suggestion I would make is for him to add a devotional reading plan tab

(paid version allows 5 open tabs across the top)
    cfx_will likes this.
    12-08-11 10:42 AM
    e-mmanuel is a very good one.. there is a paid version and a free Christmas version (not sure the differences between the two.. other than a Christmas background )

That said, I tried the Christmas one.. liked it and bought the full version (to support the developer)

I have contacted youversion, and they also say something 'exciting' is in the works for the PB
    u cant change font size in free version and free version is limited to 3 tabs as opposed to 6 in paid version. Get the paid version! =)
    12-08-11 10:50 AM
    +1 for e-manual. It has a bunch of great features, and a developer who is constantly upgrading and refining the app. This is my favourite Bible app.
    12-08-11 11:07 AM
    The You version app is a great app BUT, take a look at the permissions that are required. Call me paranoid but they want to know too much information about my activity. With the secular society we live in and our religious freedoms under attack every day my opinion is they want to know too much. I have used You version almost 2 years then finally looked at the permissions, then removed it. My wife still uses You version but not me. I am going to check out Emanuel, biblegateway is good also but I have not checked their permissions. All I am saying be carefull what you install on your platforms. You versions permissions are real close to carrierIQ. I would rather have an electronic bible but push to shove I still have traditional paper bond bibles.
    12-08-11 11:24 AM
    You Version is produced by lifechurch.tv (Craig Groeschel's church). I seriously doubt that they will do anything to limit your religious freedoms
    12-08-11 11:28 AM
    can anyone suggest a good bible app (not king james version please). i have the 9930, an itouch and droid tablet...and they all have youversion, which is awesome. but i can't find it in the PB app world.
    e-Mmanuel+ !!!!

I just figured out that it was a bible app, and i love it!! $1.99 too! (or there's a free Christmas version where it's the exact same app except they're not going to update it. You can use it as a "trial".}

But it has KJV, but also ESV, NIV, ASV, MKJV, and maybe 20 others? They're all free to download, yes for offline use too. Look for the christmas edition emmanuel in the PB app world.

Oh, and you can read two bibles side by side!!!! and have three parts of the bible open at a time! actually they just updated it, and now it's 5. sweet

As you can see, i'm excited because i have been searching too until a week ago when i facepalmed myself for not looking into this app haha
    12-08-11 11:31 AM
    Not to change the topic of this thread. Youversion/LifeChurch wants to know too much of my business as far as I am concerned. That is my opinion you have yours.
    Regards
    12-08-11 12:24 PM
    E-Mmanual+ all the way. best $1.99 tech money I have ever spent.
    12-08-11 12:40 PM
    The You version app is a great app BUT, take a look at the permissions that are required. Call me paranoid but they want to know too much information about my activity. With the secular society we live in and our religious freedoms under attack every day my opinion is they want to know too much. I have used You version almost 2 years then finally looked at the permissions, then removed it. My wife still uses You version but not me. I am going to check out Emanuel, biblegateway is good also but I have not checked their permissions. All I am saying be carefull what you install on your platforms. You versions permissions are real close to carrierIQ. I would rather have an electronic bible but push to shove I still have traditional paper bond bibles.
    The reason for every permission that YouVersion requests is available at a moment's notice. They are HAPPY to provide them.

If you want a reason for any permission, let me know; I am happy to PM them to you. There is no secrecy involved at all, and LC.tv will not hide any information from you (no, I am not an employee ).

As for a native YouVersion PB version... nothing is slated before 2.0, and there might be a preference to probably wait for the Android player.
    12-08-11 01:09 PM
    The reason for every permission that YouVersion requests is available at a moment's notice. They are HAPPY to provide them.

If you want a reason for any permission, let me know; I am happy to PM them to you. There is no secrecy involved at all, and LC.tv will not hide any information from you (no, I am not an employee ).

As for a native YouVersion PB version... nothing is slated before 2.0, and there might be a preference to probably wait for the Android player.
    I have YouVersion on my 9800 and on my 9810 and it is a great app. I have e-Mmanuel+ on my PlayBook because YouVersion doesn't have one for the PlayBook. e-Mmanuel+ is a great app and works well when I want to copy and paste as I prepare a sermon in Word to Go. You want a Bible app for the PlayBook, then e-Mmanuel+ is the way to go.
    12-08-11 01:18 PM
    Thanks for all those who purchased and suggested e-Mmanuel+!

The Christmas version is available free now for the month of December, and is very similar to the paid version at this moment. The intention was to put a version out there as a "Christmas gift" to everyone with minimal reduction in features.
    I am working on a bunch of updates that will move the paid version further ahead. You can always see what I've got planned on my Facebook page (in my sig).

Now I just have to stop tinkering with features long enough to finally get portrait mode working...
    12-08-11 01:30 PM
    I will say this... even though I am a huge YV fan, I highly recommend e-Mmanuel based on the integrity I see portrayed by the developer Jetstreamblue.

Great work. You do the Body good.
    jetstreamblue likes this.
    12-08-11 01:33 PM
    Not to change the topic of this thread. Youversion/LifeChurch wants to know too much of my business as far as I am concerned. That is my opinion you have yours.
    Regards

If you don't want to be tracked or monitored digitally the only thing you really can do, is to become mennonite/amish
    12-08-11 02:32 PM
    thanks for the responses and for updating us, jetstreamblue. and to think, i just thought you flew planes i will try tour app now.
    12-08-11 02:33 PM
    My PlayBook just experienced its best update so far- free e-Mmanuel CE app. Thankyou!
    It really works well. Can't wait for fellowship to give it a try. Very nice features and several different translations. The developer of this app gets two thumbs up from me and five stars and two dollars for the full version.
    12-08-11 08:21 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD