Ok

So lots of complaining about GMAIL Cal Sync.

Well good news.

I found a fix.

Go to set up accounts

add new account ---> click on email/cal/contacts
    Click advanced settings ---> microsoft active sync
    domain : google
    server address : m.google.com
    username : user @gmail.com so the stuff before gmail or your google apps account
    email address : [email protected] or user@googleappsdomain
    password is your password.

I was able to sync between my bb, playbook and google cal no problem - takes about...5 -15 minutes to kick in.

Enjoy!
    02-21-12 05:44 PM
    this also sync's address book
    02-21-12 06:14 PM
    I'm not sure I get it - how is this new?

Do you mean you set this up on your phone and it automatically sync'd your BB calendar to google calendar?
    02-21-12 06:21 PM
    i was reading people were complaining that their cals weren't syncing from phone to bb.

so if you use gmail or google apps - if you select the activesync settings it allows you to.

For some reason when i set up my accounts this morning it didnt include cals and contacts from gmail. now it does.

enjoy.
    02-21-12 06:22 PM
    My problem is it ask for my password repeatedly.
    02-21-12 06:41 PM
    I can't seem to get the setting above to work - always errors saying my login info has changed/incorrect. Using the same user/pw for Gmail mail account though.
    02-21-12 06:49 PM
    Yes keeps saying login information in incorrect, but it isn't
    02-21-12 06:51 PM
    But you still need to populate that google calendar somehow; I think that is the main issue.

The complaints are mostly from those of us who don't use google, don't use google calendar and just want to get our calendar and contact info from the phone to the Playbook. So the issue isn't accessing the google calendar, it's setting up some manner of sync from outlook or the BB phone to a google account.
    02-21-12 06:56 PM
    Same here incorrect info.
    02-21-12 06:59 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me this afternoon after it had been working fine since the wee hours. I couldn't get it to accept my password in spite of the fact that I was logged into Google+ on my browser at the same time. After several tries and triple checking the settings, I just deleted the account and recreated it and all is well again.
    02-21-12 07:00 PM
    i made a typo - for the username its your full email address [email protected] sorry

that should work...its working for me.

goodluck
    02-21-12 07:07 PM
    I ended up enableing secondary sign in through google and got the unique password. I then deleted account on PB and did it over again with unique password. It worked but I had to create a second unique password for calendar which worked but I then had double gmail so I simply erased the stand alone gmail account and all is peachy now.
    02-21-12 09:58 PM
    i made a typo - for the username its your full email address [email protected] sorry

that should work...its working for me.

goodluck
    Tried - no joy here.
    02-21-12 10:05 PM
    My problem is that Gmail refuses to sync my calendar. Very frustrating indeed.
    02-22-12 02:41 AM
    Had the same issue most of the day until I posted and someone had a solution. check out http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...google-701596/
    mggr likes this.
    02-22-12 02:54 AM
    Hmm, that's interesting. It will sync NEW Entries but refuses to sync my previous calendar entries. I can probably work around that by putting my old calendar into Gmail manually. Bit of a but better than nothing.
    02-22-12 02:57 AM
    my calendar synced after 5 minutes.. didnt do anything special, just followed original instructions from OP
    02-22-12 03:15 AM
    Well I'm trying it - just hoping it doesn't -up up the original calendar on my BB phone.
    Last edited by whitbags; 02-23-12 at 05:59 AM.
    02-22-12 03:35 AM
    Well I'm trying it - just hoping it doesn't -up up the original calendar on my BB phone.
    It did - deleted everything. Thankfully I had back-up and sync'd on my laptop, so could repopulate from there.

In the end the solution was to read the 'how to' article shown in the sticky thread - BB PB OS2 Q&A and FAQ. Needed to download Google calenders to my laptop and sync my Outlook through that, rather than trying it simply through the calendar tab in GMail. Had to delete everything a few times, as ended up with duplicate entries, but it worked after a while.

Now have an up-to-date native calendar. Just have to remember to sync my phone calendar with outlook on a regular basis. Not ideal, but I can just about live with that.
    02-23-12 06:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD