Hey,
    I got a playbook and that gmail launcher icon on it, but when I click it, it displays old mails and says that it cannot sync.
    Did anyone experience this before?
    09-27-11 02:23 PM
    Yes, I think the gmail web site changed something. There is a way around it though. When you get there, hit the "Menu" button (top left - right under the Google logo). Scroll all the way to the bottom of the left panel and select "basic HTML". Then you should be good to go. You should also be able to bookmark this, or select Add To Home Screen if you want a new icon.
    Barefoot_Kevin and 0100010 like this.
    09-27-11 05:11 PM
    Yes, I think the gmail web site changed something. There is a way around it though. When you get there, hit the "Menu" button (top left - right under the Google logo). Scroll all the way to the bottom of the left panel and select "basic HTML". Then you should be good to go. You should also be able to bookmark this, or select Add To Home Screen if you want a new icon.
    +1 Worked for me too.
    09-27-11 07:26 PM
    Thank you! Gmail has been painful for a few days, your tip makes it useable again...
    09-27-11 07:54 PM
    This has happened to me a few times. The best fix is

1. close Gmail
    2 Go to the browser's options -> privacy and security
    3. click "clear all"
    4. open Gmail and log in

unfortunately this also burns all your cookies but it works.
    09-28-11 02:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD