There are so many posts on here about the Playbook. In my opinion OS2 addressed all of the faults with the original Playbook with the exception of one...still no Amazon or Amazon Kindle App. Let's get Amazon to fulfill the promise it made in Sept 2010 in publishing the below article that they were launching a Kindle App. 02/21/2012 and still no App. It's time we let Amazon know to fulfill on this promise.

I encourage you, as I did today, to reach out to Amazon. Call Customer Service, email them, or you could even very easily start a Chat with a Customer Service agent. It will take 10 minutes of your time but will hopefully get Amazon off their "only buy the Kindle fire" position!!!

Post here when you've contacted them and let's get this done!
    ------------------------------------------------
    SEATTLE - Sept. 27, 2010 - Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more (NASDAQ: AMZN) today announced that it will launch a Kindle app for the new BlackBerry PlayBook tablet computer. Customers can already enjoy the free Kindle app on their BlackBerry today. Like all Kindle apps, the Kindle app for the new BlackBerry PlayBook will let customers Buy Once, Read Everywhere-on Kindle, Kindle 3G, Kindle DX, iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, Mac, PC, BlackBerry, Android-based devices, and in the coming months, the new BlackBerry PlayBook. Amazon's Whispersync technology syncs your place across devices, so you can pick up where you left off. For more information about the free Kindle apps, go to Amazon.com: Free Kindle Reading Apps.

"When you buy a Kindle book, you can already read it on iPhone, iPad, Android, PC, Mac, BlackBerry, and of course on your Kindle, Kindle 3G, and Kindle DX," said Dorothy Nicholls, Director, Amazon Kindle. "We're very excited to add the new BlackBerry PlayBook to that list. As with our other Kindle apps, the BlackBerry PlayBook app will be free and will incorporate our WhisperSync technology so you can seamlessly switch between devices. Our vision is 'Buy Once, Read Everywhere.'"

With Kindle devices and Kindle apps, customers can choose from over 700,000 books in the U.S. Kindle Store - the largest selection of the most popular books that people want to read-including New Releases and 108 of 111 New York Times Bestsellers. Over 575,000 of the books in the Kindle Store are $9.99 or less, including 80 New York Times Bestsellers. With Kindle Worry-Free Archive, books you purchase from the Kindle Store are automatically backed up online in your Kindle library on Amazon where they can be re-downloaded wirelessly for free, anytime.
    02-21-12 07:50 PM
    They also killed Amazon Instant Video Streaming for PlayBook users.....
    Amazon is no longer a reputable company in my eyes. I messaged them earlier about the Kindle Apple issue and the answer did not address my concern, it seemed automated with fill in the blank responses.
    I also e-mailed them about the video issue, also received a poorly automated, crafted response.
    Amazon, unless you own a Kindle and have Kindle concerns, is pathetic in terms of communicating with unpleased customers with intangible products such as applications and online services.
    02-21-12 08:32 PM
    Screw them just side load kindle lol
    yanicmb and jeroen_13 like this.
    02-21-12 08:38 PM
    I love Amazon. Start a petition on that online petition site.
    02-21-12 08:41 PM
    I received a response from Amazon and did not give a favorable survey. This is the response I received.
    ------------------------
    Hello,

I just wanted to send you a quick follow-up e-mail on our chat discussion.

Thanks for writing about haveing an App for the Blackberry Playbook.

Customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve the service we provide, and we're glad you took time to write to us. The Kindle Team will carefully review your comments.

Thanks for your interest in Kindle.
    ----------------------------------
    I know this is just lip service but the best thing to do is to go through the Click to Chat because you know they have to answer and give you something...even if it is an attempt to skirt the issue they will eventually have to respond if we have enough people force the issue.

What online petition site?
    02-21-12 09:56 PM
    They also killed Amazon Instant Video Streaming for PlayBook users.....
    Amazon is no longer a reputable company in my eyes. I messaged them earlier about the Kindle Apple issue and the answer did not address my concern, it seemed automated with fill in the blank responses.
    I also e-mailed them about the video issue, also received a poorly automated, crafted response.
    Amazon, unless you own a Kindle and have Kindle concerns, is pathetic in terms of communicating with unpleased customers with intangible products such as applications and online services.
    Most accounts infer that they did not.
    02-21-12 10:01 PM
    Screw them just side load kindle lol
    Yep you guys should sideload kindle. The app is useful till the original releases.
    Amazon Kindle 3.2.0.35.bar

Or we could do a campaign like we did for Skype, send out messages to CEO & VP. I don't know how many would join. But you can count me in
    Last edited by LimeTripBlog; 02-21-12 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Link
    02-21-12 10:07 PM
    I'm in favor of Amazon acquiring RIM. RIM needs an industry powerhouse with content behind them. RIM seems to be unable or unwilling to tie in to a major service provider that has multiple distribution mediums like amazon, netflix. I want to see RIM announce that there will be another update this year that includes ICS runtime, bugfixes and major chat clients integrated like SUPER apps were on the phones.
    02-22-12 01:43 AM
    Yep you guys should sideload kindle. The app is useful till the original releases.
    Amazon Kindle 3.2.0.35.bar

Or we could do a campaign like we did for Skype, send out messages to CEO & VP. I don't know how many would join. But you can count me in

Once downloaded, what do I do to install it? Thanks
    02-26-12 03:02 PM
    Why don't you use the kobo app. That way you stop supporting a company that isn't willing to support blackberry. Sideloading the kindle app doesn't hurt then at all. Switching your future purchases to kobo will.
    gg22 likes this.
    02-26-12 06:22 PM
    Kobo is fine, but Amazon like it or not is king because many of us have multiple devices including standalone kindles with existing purchases. I sideloaded it, but I'm of the opinion that the Android apps for the most part run well, but the UI needs to be brought in line with other apps if they want to lose the alpha tag on the Playbook OS. I really like the way the ESPN apps runs on Playbook.
    02-26-12 06:47 PM
    Why don't you use the kobo app. That way you stop supporting a company that isn't willing to support blackberry. Sideloading the kindle app doesn't hurt then at all. Switching your future purchases to kobo will.

I don't want the Kobo.
    02-27-12 07:55 AM
    Kobo is fine, but Amazon like it or not is king because many of us have multiple devices including standalone kindles with existing purchases. I sideloaded it, but I'm of the opinion that the Android apps for the most part run well, but the UI needs to be brought in line with other apps if they want to lose the alpha tag on the Playbook OS. I really like the way the ESPN apps runs on Playbook.

How did you sideload the kindle app, and did it cause any instability on the playbook?
    02-27-12 07:57 AM
    Do a search on Kobo here and you'll see many of us have had lot of issues with the Kobo app. cant purchase books on it, wont download the full version, etc.

Kindle app ftw
    02-27-12 09:31 AM
    stop supporting a company that isn't willing to support blackberry. Sideloading the kindle app doesn't hurt then at all.
    While I don't agree that kobo is a good alternative, side-loading Kindle doesn't help our cause. If you are still buying Kindle books they have no incentive to create a Playbook app. Personally, I use PlayEpub - but BookReader is also suppose to be very good. I've heard some good things about OverDrive as well.
    02-27-12 10:16 AM
    I don't need kindle on Playbook that badly, it would just be nice.
    02-27-12 10:23 AM
    I did a quick look at some books, I was thinking of purchasing kindle version for and did find them for the same price on the kobo so I may slow down on kindle purchases. Amazon used to be good at just providing their app for as many devices as possible but now seem to be slowing down on that philosophy now that they have their own hardware.
    02-27-12 11:33 AM
    I just sent Amazon an e-mail asking for the Kindle app on PB and asked them to make all of their instant videos available on the PlayBook.
    02-27-12 02:50 PM
    I know everyone loves the Kindle app and wishes it was on the PlayBook. I swicthed to Kobo and haven't looked back. My wife has one of their e-readers too. If you want to stick it to Amazon, that is the only way. The idea that you are stuck with amazon just doens't make sense. You could sell a kindle ereader for 50 and buy a new kobo for maybe 30 bucks more. If your intent is to screw amazon (which I agree with), then that is how you do it.

As far as Kobo not working, it works for me. I can make purchases in the store, or on their website. Except for the few weeks when the app was down, it has worked pretty well.
    gg22 likes this.
    02-27-12 02:58 PM
    I've been using the Kobo app, and enjoy it. However, I have to say that even sideloaded Kindle is pretty sweet, and there's tons of content available there.

I wonder if Amazon has any way of analyzing which device the software is installed on?
    02-27-12 03:19 PM
    I just sent Amazon an e-mail asking for the Kindle app on PB and asked them to make all of their instant videos available on the PlayBook.
    Amazon replied back to me already. Not sure if this means anything or if it's just corporate double talk...

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Kindle.

Kindle for BlackBerry Playbook, although is not yet available, but please do stay tuned. You can view our Kindle apps currently available and discover when weve released Kindle for BlackBerry Playbook by following the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/kindleapps?m1k...bUvbUpU7182929

I have now forwarded your comments, also about the videos accessibility to our kindle developers. We're regularly working on improvements to the overall Kindle experience and I've made sure to let the Kindle team know you're interested in this feature to be made available on a Black Berry Playbook soon.

A feedback like yours really helps us to continue to improve the service we provide, and we're glad you took your valuable time to write to us. I'm sure the Kindle Team will carefully review your suggestions and work on it it while planning for further improvements to the Kindle reading experience.

Thanks for your cooperation and support for us. Thanks for your interest in Kindle.
    02-27-12 04:08 PM
    Mike 117 would you please let me have the email address for Amazon as I would like to email them as i can't get the cloud reader to work on my playbook. Thanks
    03-02-12 11:29 AM
    I don't know why a company that makes their bread and butter from selling content would block people from purchasing their wears dependent on what OS they use.

Sure, maybe they sell more fires which they are taking a loss on and sell the content to make up for it but they are also telling paying customers that the they don't want your business unless you buy or own what they want you to. I think not having to sell an item at a loss to make it up in content would be better cause that is all pure sales with no loss.

There are other places to get things and I will not be purchasing them from Amazon. I absolutely dislike the way everyone is moving to the Apple way. You have to have this or get your content here or forget it.
    03-02-12 12:24 PM
    Just sideload the kindle app. It is easy enough.
    03-02-12 12:34 PM
    I'm going to try out the Kobo app today.

I'm not going to support Amazon when they won't give us Amazon apps. I don't want to side load.

Hopefully Kobo has a decent selection!
    03-03-12 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD