Hey, i just found out about Geocahing(yeah, late), and i was wondering if any of you already used your PB has a GPS device to this end.

I saw that are 2 apps available in App World, one for 2,50 and the other for 5,50. Both say that the Premium Geocaching account i advised.

Ok, just to get some feedback before buying apps and premium accounts

Im not even signed up, but im willing to...

Find out about this activity at:

Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site

Pedro
    09-01-12 07:25 AM
    I haven't used either but cachesense looks good. The radar is a must have in my opinion. I have used the PB bridged to access the website. I like to go far off the road so the phone app was a better choice for me.
    09-01-12 09:28 AM
    So, cachesense need a internet connection,right?

My 8520 doesnt have internal gps and it doesnt brigde very fast.

Whats your phone?

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    09-01-12 09:36 AM
    Have you checked if there are a substantial number of cache locations nearby or even far away?
    09-01-12 12:42 PM
    F2, as i said, im not even registed at the site(will do that today).

I dont any problem buying apps, but i would like that really does allow me to use it offline, even if i have to dld some maps and cache locations first...

Do you GeoCache?
    09-01-12 01:01 PM
    The playbook works well for some things. This is not one of them. I have been geocaching for several years. Have used my bb 9700 and my 9810. Still prefer by far to use a dedicated gps unit. I have a garmin and download what I want from my computer. I wish that the playbook worked like a real computer with a usable usb connection so I could search for sites using one of the apps (I have both) connected to my gps. We are serious geocachers and are usually in wet and dirty places. No place for my playbook.
    09-01-12 02:35 PM
    I'll start to do some easy ones around my area, and since i couldnt find out how work around the site, i'll just take the coordinates and use them in the(i dlded a free app).

My crappy 8520 doesnt even have an integrated gps

Cant wait to buy a Torch(or even maybe BB 10)

You searched the caches via coordinates?

09-01-12 03:10 PM
    I subscribe to geocaching.com. You can use a map to find area of interest. Specify what type of caches you are interested in. It will map all the sites in the area. Look at sites and then have the info downloaded on the gps. I can do this on my bb 9810 but like I said I prefer my garmin gps. Look at their sites for the details. You can do this with the playbook. Lots of personal preference here.
    09-01-12 05:59 PM
    We are serious geocachers and are usually in wet and dirty places. No place for my playbook.
    In the CB webshop is a Water/Sand/Mud-proof Playbook case ! Is very nice
    09-02-12 03:56 AM
    So, with my 8520 and without any other real gps device, there's no Geocaching for me...

That's sad

09-02-12 05:05 AM
    So, with my 8520 and without any other real gps device, there's no Geocaching for me...

That's sad

Have you already searched for an Android Geocaching app ?
    09-02-12 07:09 AM
    Yup.

The original app is paid.

09-02-12 07:26 AM
    We are serious geocachers and are usually in wet and dirty places. No place for my playbook.
    I toss mine into a heavy ZipLoc bag and it works wonderfully well, protected from at least light rain and dirt. No issues so far...
    09-02-12 09:18 AM
    lol i could do that, but how do you really use it?

Cachesense offline? Or bridge?

Do you insert the coordinates ? Which app do you use?

09-02-12 04:40 PM
    Your questions and concerns make little sense to me. Buy an app. Learn to use it. If you want to learn about geocaching go to their site. Cachesense will do just fine. Try it. If you like geocaching then upgrade to the premium @ geocaching.com.
    09-02-12 10:24 PM
    Dude, the app cost 5,50! It's not like 1 lol I'm not rich...

I'm not going blind to this,thats why i started this thread in the first place.

09-03-12 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD