Hi everyone,

I thought I'd share with you a message from a publisher regarding an app on the Ipad/Iphone called 3D Brain. The app features 29 interactive structures and animations of the brain; reviews brain region functions, what happens if the structure is injured, and how it is involved in mental illness. Each detailed structure comes with information on functions, disorders, brain damage, case studies, and links to modern research.

There is a flash version of the app at this website: Genes to Cognition Online click on the upper right hand corner where it says "3D brain". It seems to run alright within the Playbook browser but certainly is less than optimal.

Anyway, I wrote to the publisher querying whether they would be creating a Playbook version of the app and this is their response:

"We actually just looked into translating our apps for Blackberry Tablets but as this operating system is very different to the other platforms we have no current plans to pursue this. I've made a note of your comment, as we are collating all suggestions for amendments to functionality and content if we revisit this in the future.

Sorry I couldn�t be more help.

Regards

Amy
    Amy Nisselle, PhD
    Manager, Multimedia & Evaluation
    Dolan DNA Learning Center
    Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory"

Perhaps if more people emailed them requesting for such an app on the Playbook, they might revisit their decision. There is a link to their email from the website noted above.
    08-11-11 01:23 PM
    Well since its flash based perhaps you can guide them to the website below.
    10 Easy Steps to Package and Sign AIR Apps for PlayBook � Hemanth Sharma – Tech Blog

That and they might need to change the links to the content from relative (being on the webserver) to absolute (use the full path http://somecontent)
    08-13-11 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD