Can you give me a little more detail? Are you talking about maybe having the option to change to a darker theme or something like that?
    Yeah basically a dark theme that uses light fonts.
    bluemax413 likes this.
    08-03-11 07:07 PM
    Any progress on the share-via-email option? And while you are at it, maybe incorporating new article notifications?
    08-06-11 09:50 PM
    @GeeReaderDev

First off: great work on this app. I use it multiple times a day to catch up on all my news. Hardly watch tv news anymore, but...

About 2-3 weeks ago i noticed the app acting slow to load feeds. The problem has grown. At launch loading is slow. Once complete i'm presented with All Feeds. As soon as I choose any individual feed the reader goes into perpetual loading for that feed with the indicator spinning away. I left it for an hour once with no change. I've read through this forum and verified that i do not have any feeds that previously caused this for others. I have only one gmail account with no syncing or any other add-on for that account. The online reader at reader.google.com works fine for all my feeds (but i hate the usability). I've deinstalled/reinstalled/rebooted all possible combinations with no change in results. Even if i reduce down to just one very valid feed this app just locks up and spins away.

sorry for the verbosity. please help. thanks.
    09-24-11 12:50 PM
    @Maxxberry thanks for letting me know about the issue. I'll send you a PM to discuss it further
    09-26-11 02:21 AM
    @GeeReaderDev
    Thanks for developing this app. It does pretty much everything I need to have a good mobile experience with Google Reader. Also, thanks for making it free!

I have one feature request, which is the ability to change the default font for articles.

Keep up the great work!
    Last edited by ZacMatic; 09-29-11 at 11:02 PM.
    09-29-11 07:39 PM
    @ZacMatic I'm happy to hear that you like GeeReader

Thanks for the feature request. It will be easy enough to add a feature that will allow you to choose the default article font. I'll include this in the next release of GeeReader.

I hope to release the next ver (2.0) sometime this month (Oct 2011).
    10-01-11 06:21 AM
    GeeReader v1.0.11 has been submitted to Appworld for approval. This is just a bug fix release that fixes 2 feed item parsing issues that were causing the app to hang.

V2.0 is almost finished and will be release later this month.
    10-04-11 01:34 PM
    can we haveaprevie of whats in v2? pretty pleaseeee

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-11 04:00 PM
    V2.0 is going to include the following pieces of functionality:

- Offline Support
    - Sharing via Twitter, Facebook, and Wordpress (All directly using respective service APIs)

I'm going to be releasing the features mentioned above in a Pro (paid for) version of the app.

More sharing options will be added in future. Sharing via email may or may not be included in v2.0. Sharing via email will be added to the free version as soon as possible.
    ViperSBT, optimo and BSFA2008 like this.
    10-05-11 01:34 PM
    I'm so glad that the end of the month is almost here! C'Mon V2!
    10-24-11 01:57 PM
    V2.0 is going to include the following pieces of functionality:

- Offline Support
    - Sharing via Twitter, Facebook, and Wordpress (All directly using respective service APIs)

I'm going to be releasing the features mentioned above in a Pro (paid for) version of the app.

More sharing options will be added in future. Sharing via email may or may not be included in v2.0. Sharing via email will be added to the free version as soon as possible.
    I noticed Google updated its Google Reader today, which I use to generate my feeds for GeeReader. Now I am getting malfunctions in GeeReader. I see the boldface showing new articles, but they don't show up in the reading pane. My Torch Newsreader, which also uses Google Reader feeds, is still working.
    10-31-11 07:56 PM
    I noticed Google updated its Google Reader today, which I use to generate my feeds for GeeReader. Now I am getting malfunctions in GeeReader. I see the boldface showing new articles, but they don't show up in the reading pane. My Torch Newsreader, which also uses Google Reader feeds, is still working.
    It's working for me. Just tested.
    10-31-11 08:15 PM
    I think you're running into a long standing stability issue in the GeeReader app itself. User's have been complaining intermittently about exactly the same problem for a while now and I've been battling to find the root cause because it seems to happen completely at random.
    I think I've resolved the issue in v2.0 though. 2.0 is now in the hands of a few beta testers and I'll release it as soon as possible.

Re: Compatibility with the latest version of the Google Reader API.
    The only functionality in GeeReader that will fall away are the "Like" and "Share (via Buzz)" functions. I've completely replace the share function in 2.0 with the option to share via Twitter, Facebook, and Wordpress and I'll also add the Google +1 option.
    11-01-11 01:58 AM
    GeeReaderDev,

I've had your app on my playbook for about as long as I've owned my playbook. I use it every day and I'd be happy to plunk down some cash for 2.0; you've earned it!

I'm curious though. Have you decided yet on a price for 2.0?

.99, 1.99, 2.99, 4.99 .....?
    11-01-11 10:18 PM
    GeeReaderDev,

I've had your app on my playbook for about as long as I've owned my playbook. I use it every day and I'd be happy to plunk down some cash for 2.0; you've earned it!

I'm curious though. Have you decided yet on a price for 2.0?

.99, 1.99, 2.99, 4.99 .....?
    I actually haven't decided on a price yet or what type of "model" to go with.

One of the main issues I have with charging anything at all is that the Google Reader API isn't an official API and therefore Google may choose to decommission or change it at anytime without giving 3rd party developers any notice.This probably wont happen but I dont want to be in a position where I've sold software to people that they're no longer able to use due to issues beyond my control.

But having said that I think I'm going to go with the following...

There will be a free version and a PRO version and both will have exactly the same functionality except that the free version will have a single ad banner at the bottom of the feed item list.

The PRO version will then sell for either $1.99 or $2.99 (not sure yet) and that ad banner will be removed. I'll also look at the possibility of removing all ads embedded in the feed items but I just need to check that this wont get me in trouble with anyone.

Opinions welcome
    technomensch and BSFA2008 like this.
    11-02-11 06:12 AM
    WOOOO sounds awsome.

I remember in one of our email correspondences you mentioned potentially adding instapaper compatibility, is there any chance of that happening? I don't expect it it in 2.0 but maybe further along the roadmap? And will we have an option to add/manage our own feeds?

Oh and just for the sake of simplicity I think you should have an option for the Free users to upgrade to PRO without having to download the pro version (if its easy to do that is)

Thanks!
    11-02-11 11:54 AM
    Just a quick update... I think we are getting close to seeing the 2.0 version of GeeReader...
    dimm0k and Wolfgan like this.
    12-09-11 10:49 AM
    Just to let you that GeeReader PRO is now available in Appworld for $1.99 here: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs.../67611?lang=en

Some of the notable features are:
    - Mark Above as Read
    - Customize Article font size AND Font
    - Additional article view modes (Lite, Mobi (Instapaper Mobiliizer), Full)
    - New UI theme thanks to Baselime
    - Basic Feed Management

Exclusive to PRO version
    - Sharing via Twitter, Facebook, and Wordpress (XML-RPC) direct from GeeReader itself
    - Ad banner removed.

Unfortunately offline support and sharing to email didn't make it in this version but those features are still in the pipeline

Note: The free version will be updated shortly but it will NOT include the sharing features and it will now be ad supported.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by GeeReaderDev; 12-12-11 at 04:55 AM.
    Wolfgan likes this.
    12-12-11 04:14 AM
    I really like the new sharing service. It is quick, smooth and just works very well.

Full article view is great too, I don't even need to switch over to the browser anymore.

Great app Dev!

Looking forward to more in the future.
    4wheel likes this.
    12-12-11 03:44 PM
    +1 Great app and getting even better with new releases. Thanks GeeReaderDev!
    12-13-11 05:07 AM
    thanks! this is literally the first and so far the only app that has made me want to use the playbook. the update is pretty nice.
    12-13-11 05:56 AM
    glad you guys like the new version
    12-13-11 09:42 AM

Some of the notable features are:
    - Mark Above as Read
    How do you access this feature?
    12-13-11 12:40 PM
    The "Mark Above As Read" function is exposed by that single icon in the toolbar at the bottom of the feed item list (See the attachment for the icon I'm referring to)

When you tap that icon then all unread items from the last visible item in the list up until the first item in the list (including those that you've scrolled passed) are marked as read. All items below that point are left as is.

I hope that makes sense?
    12-13-11 01:25 PM
    I like the new look and feel, but somehow the old mode of differentiating between read/unread articles work better at a single glance (plain/bold title) vs the new theme (just a blue/red sidebar). Is it possible to combine them for next version?
    Thanks, Wolf
    12-14-11 05:47 AM
315 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD