09-07-12 07:31 PM
315 ... 23456 ...
tools
    geereader is the only rss app that I've kept. Good job. Looking forward to more updates.
    05-23-11 03:41 AM
    Just a small tip as i have found you cannot unsubscribe from google feeds on the playbook within the google reader site. Bookmark the following link which will allow you to manage your subscriptions.

http://www.google.ca/reader/settings...-subscriptions
    05-23-11 04:10 PM
    Loved your app so far I remember having it since i saw a preview of it on crackberry some months ago.

The only thing that worries me is that when i go full screen for some reason the text goes smaller than windowed mode.

Do you plan to release a font size for future release? thanks
    06-02-11 01:56 AM
    This is still the best RSS reader... Just needs some minor tweaks like font sizes, easier way to close the window (larger X button maybe), some minor speed improvements, etc.
    06-02-11 02:33 AM
    i basically use the google reader from the web, what does the app bring you more?
    06-02-11 02:56 AM
    It's just a different UI and it doesn't require keeping a tab open in the browser for RSS. The google reader site works just fine too.
    06-02-11 03:01 AM
    Glad to hear that you're finding GeeReader to be useful!
    I like the idea...I'll see what I can do to make it easier to move to the next feed when you are in the maximised article view.
    Another idea is to add an "unread/total" index in the status bar, plenty of space in there and useful when reading on maximized pane.
    Thanks for this app as well! Wolf.
    06-06-11 02:29 PM
    i basically use the google reader from the web, what does the app bring you more?
    GeeReader benefits from being designed specifically for the Playbook. It does the same things that Google Reader does, but without the navigation difficulties of trying to operate the google site on a smaller screen. If the updates come as promised, it will replicate most of the stuff that Google provides. It does seem to update a little bit slower than google, but I think you can fix that by refreshing GeeReader.
    06-07-11 12:06 AM
    How is the new version going? Can not wait for it
    06-14-11 05:30 PM
    The new version is coming along A bit slower than I initially planned but its happening. I've added the following so far:
    - Gesture Support in the article detail view (you can now swipe left and right to move between articles and swipe up to go back to the feed item list view)
    - Added a "maximise" button to the article panel. The "X" close button has been replaced with a proper "Back" button.
    - Moved the toolbars actions into dropdown menus
    - Added support for filtering the feed subscription list. You can now choose to only show feeds with unread items vs showing all feeds
    - Fixed lots of bugs

Busy implementing the feed category collapse functionality and feed category sorting (as configured in Google Reader)

That will be it for the next version so its almost done.

I'll start working on another version after that which will include the sharing (via Twitter etc) functionality.
    06-15-11 01:01 AM
    The new version is coming along A bit slower than I initially planned but its happening. I've added the following so far:
    - Gesture Support in the article detail view (you can now swipe left and right to move between articles and swipe up to go back to the feed item list view)
    - Added a "maximise" button to the article panel. The "X" close button has been replaced with a proper "Back" button.
    - Added support for filtering the feed subscription list. You can now choose to only show feeds with unread items vs showing all feeds
    - Fixed lots of bugs

I'll start working on another version after that which will include the sharing (via Twitter etc) functionality.
    Don't forget sharing via email! And keep up the great work!
    06-15-11 01:22 AM
    - Fixed lots of bugs

Busy implementing the feed category collapse functionality and feed category sorting (as configured in Google Reader)

I think you've realized by now that if you need us to BETA test anything, we'd be happy to help.

Just like everyone else needs that one killer feature to make it perfect for them, I have my own and I honestly don't know if it would be possible or not.

Both in Firefox and Chrome, I am using Better Google Reader because other offer me the ability to "Mark Above as Read". The reason for this is, say I have a feed that has, maybe over 500 unread items. I may not get to all 500 at once. If I could mark above as read, then I'd be able to pick up where I left off.

Not sure if this would be possible through a third-party application as GeeReader, but it would be nice.

On an unrelated note, there plans to offer off-line access &/or utilization of the accelerometer to rotate it?
    06-16-11 02:01 PM
    Both in Firefox and Chrome, I am using Better Google Reader because other offer me the ability to "Mark Above as Read".
    This is definitely possible. Its just a little bit of a challenge to implement the necessary UI element to make it easy to perform the "Mark Above..." action but I will definitely look into this at some point. I'll probably add some kind of long click feature on the feed item so that if you hold your finger on the row for 1 or 2 sec then a row context menu will be shown with the "Mark Above..." action on it.

On an unrelated note, there plans to offer off-line access &/or utilization of the accelerometer to rotate it?
    Definately....offline and portrait mode/rotation support will come in a future version.
    Last edited by GeeReaderDev; 06-17-11 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Spelling
    06-17-11 09:27 AM
    Eagerly awaiting for the update. Any timeframe for it being posted?
    Thanks again for this app! Wolf
    06-26-11 03:03 PM
    And remember, if you post up the bar file here, most of us can take it from there!
    06-26-11 09:42 PM
    Here's a beta version of GeeReader (v1.0.8-beta1) for you to play with. Changes include:

- Feed Sorting
    - Feed filtering
    - Folder collapse/expand
    (All synched with Google Reader Profile)
    - Toolbar actions moved into dropdown menus
    - Favicons displayed on feeds when category selected
    - Back button added to article detail panel
    - Panel Maximize/Minimize button on detail panel
    - Article summary now visible for all feed items
    - Gesture Support added to article detail view (Swipe Left/Right to move prev next. Swipe up to close the article) Note gestures wont work if performed on the article detail web view section itself. I'll post a pic showing where the gestures can be performed.

NOTE: This is beta1 so there are still some minor issues. Please list the issues in this thread if you find any.

Attachment 89512
    Last edited by GeeReaderDev; 07-02-11 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Updated bar file which adresses feed loading issues.
    bluemax413 and rsxsniper like this.
    07-02-11 03:22 AM
    hey i can seem to load my feeds in this beta.
    07-02-11 04:27 AM
    hey i can seem to load my feeds in this beta.
    Hi. I take it you mean "can't" Can you send me screenshot of what is displayed?
    07-02-11 04:47 AM
    https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/IMG_0...jpg?w=ac3c9e4f

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-11 05:46 AM
    Doesn't look like I have permission to view that image in Dropbox....I get a 403 error
    07-02-11 08:59 AM
    I get the same thing, tried a few different things, deleting both copies of it, using my full gmail login, etc. All I get is the spinning green wheel on the left, the right one is frozen.

I attached a screenshot of what I see as well.
    07-02-11 09:24 AM
    Ok cool...I'll try recreate on my side
    07-02-11 09:26 AM
    Doesn't look like I have permission to view that image in Dropbox....I get a 403 error
    sorry...yeah got the same screen as hatax..
    07-02-11 09:35 AM
    Heh, if I pound on the screen near the top left I can get it to say loading articles on the bottom of the right pane, and then the top right wheel starts spinning.

Not sure if that's helpful or not, but otherwise nothing I do has an effect besides bringing up the login info screen.
    07-02-11 09:38 AM
    LOL....you didn't pound it hard enough

I've found an issue. I'll post an updated bar shortly
    rsxsniper likes this.
    07-02-11 09:51 AM
315 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD