Are you going to be moving away from the Adobe Air framework to the ndk? To improve the lag?
    Definitely!! As soon as the Cascades UI framework is made available I start working on the rewrite. Hopefully we get some feedback on this topic from DevCon Europe.
    02-07-12 02:17 AM
    been quite a long time... any updates?
    02-28-12 12:44 AM
    How is GeeReader Pro working on 2.0? I ask as NewsPile, another Google Reader, no longer works in 2.0 - the developer has indicated that work is being done on rectifying this - but in the mean time I thought I'd check out another app.

Has anyone used both of these apps? Which one do you prefer?
    02-28-12 12:51 AM
    been quite a long time... any updates?
    Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm currently wrapping up a release now. This version will include the following:
    - Share via email using the new built in email client in OS2.
    - Share via Google Plus (Google+ browser window opened with required fields pre populated)
    - Quick feed subscription navigation (mostly for use in portrait view)
    - The article view state (Maximized or Minimized) will now be saved so that the article detail will be opened in the same state when reopening the app
    - The article view type is no longer reset when reopening the app.

I'll submit this release to RIM next week Monday for approval.
    Wolfgan, catwoman66, Leary and 2 others like this.
    03-01-12 02:58 AM
    After the release mentioned above I plan to start rewriting GeeReader using the Qt framework on the NDK in preparation for transitioning to the Cascades UI framework. This means that I'm postponing the delivery of the offline caching functionality. Offline caching will then be included in the Qt based version of the app.

I'm just not getting the performance and responsiveness I'd like from the current AIR/Flex based framework. Qt will allow me to create a really awesome news reading experience.
    03-01-12 03:11 AM
    Thats good news GoodReaderDev. Your timing is good seeing as you now must compete with Android newsreaders. I did look at 2 popular Google based Android readers which I sideloaded but subsequently deleted because GeeReader remains the best.
    03-01-12 07:40 AM
    GeeReader is amazing - hands down my favorite Google Reader app on any platform.

Very well done!
    GeeReaderDev likes this.
    03-01-12 08:04 AM
    Thats good news GoodReaderDev. Your timing is good seeing as you now must compete with Android newsreaders. I did look at 2 popular Google based Android readers which I sideloaded but subsequently deleted because GeeReader remains the best.
    Dunno about the timing, but unfortunately you are right on the Android readers not being that great. With that said I have no choice but to use them as they have offline reading, the main feature I need as most of my reading is done when there is no Internet connection... *sigh*
    primusd likes this.
    03-01-12 08:19 AM
    After the release mentioned above I plan to start rewriting GeeReader using the Qt framework on the NDK in preparation for transitioning to the Cascades UI framework. This means that I'm postponing the delivery of the offline caching functionality. Offline caching will then be included in the Qt based version of the app.

I'm just not getting the performance and responsiveness I'd like from the current AIR/Flex based framework. Qt will allow me to create a really awesome news reading experience.
    Very much looking forward to this!! I used GR quite early on and quite liked it, but most of my reading is done offline, so in fact the Android port RSSDamon works best for me right now (Webreader is also great, but offline caching doesn't work terribly well).
    03-01-12 09:04 AM
    Very much looking forward to this!! I used GR quite early on and quite liked it, but most of my reading is done offline, so in fact the Android port RSSDamon works best for me right now (Webreader is also great, but offline caching doesn't work terribly well).
    Does RSSDamon sync quickly? I've been using justReader and while the app itself is okay overall, it's slow syncing full articles.
    03-01-12 09:05 AM
    Enjoying geereaderpro much more than bbnews or glimpse. Great news that you're going to use the ndk. I'd love to be able to slide away the feed list on the left when shipping through the all articles summary pane - maximize real estate.
    GeeReaderDev likes this.
    03-01-12 11:39 AM
    Enjoying geereaderpro much more than bbnews or glimpse. Great news that you're going to use the ndk. I'd love to be able to slide away the feed list on the left when shipping through the all articles summary pane - maximize real estate.
    Had a few requests for this. I'll definitely build this in when I do the rewrite
    03-01-12 02:59 PM
    Does RSSDamon sync quickly? I've been using justReader and while the app itself is okay overall, it's slow syncing full articles.
    I find it pretty quick for my 28 feeds. Not the sexiest app out there, but it gets the job done for me. Try it and let me know what you think.
    03-01-12 06:44 PM
    Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm currently wrapping up a release now. This version will include the following:
    - Share via Google Plus (Google+ browser window opened with required fields pre populated)
    - The article view state (Maximized or Minimized) will now be saved so that the article detail will be opened in the same state when reopening the app

I'll submit this release to RIM next week Monday for approval.
    Has this been submitted yet? I see it was mentioned in January
    03-05-12 12:24 AM
    It would be very cool if the view were remembered by feed. For instance I leave it in lite mode be default, but some feeds only work if switched to full, like doonesbury
    03-05-12 07:10 AM
    One snag about the recent release, it doesn't put all my rss feeds in the appropriate folder as done in Goggle Reader. Lots of them are outside the designated folders. What have I done wrong here? Pls help. Thanks.
    03-05-12 08:38 AM
    Nice review of GeeReader in BerryReview
    03-06-12 05:39 PM
    Submitted GeeReader v2.0.7 to RIM for approval yesterday (v2.0.6 was skipped). This version includes the following (most mentioned before):
    - Fixed an issue where the article view wouldn't load after rotating the device before loading the first article.
    - Fixed various other minor issues around loading of the article web view.
    Wolfgan and ViperSBT like this.
    03-13-12 09:02 AM
    It would be very cool if the view were remembered by feed. For instance I leave it in lite mode be default, but some feeds only work if switched to full, like doonesbury
    This will be in v2.0.7 which was just submitted to RIM for approval
    03-13-12 09:03 AM
    One snag about the recent release, it doesn't put all my rss feeds in the appropriate folder as done in Goggle Reader. Lots of them are outside the designated folders. What have I done wrong here? Pls help. Thanks.
    I was able to recreate this issue after moving some of my feed subscriptions from one folder to another on the Google Reader website. I'll see what I can do to fix this.
    03-13-12 09:05 AM
    Just got the notification from RIM that v2.0.7 has been approved. You should see the update notification soon. Shout if you experience any issues with the new version.
    catwoman66 and hackoder like this.
    03-13-12 09:14 AM
    Just got the notification from RIM that v2.0.7 has been approved. You should see the update notification soon. Shout if you experience any issues with the new version.
    Good on you, eyes now peeled

edit, updating this very minute
    Last edited by catwoman66; 03-13-12 at 10:15 AM. Reason: added content
    03-13-12 10:13 AM
    The 2.0.7 update fixes a lot of the unstable behaviour on screen rotation. Definitely getting the pro version now. Thanks for a great app!

All it needs now are some sharing options. Add to read it later/instapaper etc. The simplest solution would be to share by email, since most of these services provide a way to email an article to save it. IMO a couple of buttons to open in stock browser, and send to email (see WebReader f.i.) would be a very good addition.
    03-13-12 11:02 AM
    The 2.0.7 update fixes a lot of the unstable behaviour on screen rotation. Definitely getting the pro version now. Thanks for a great app!

All it needs now are some sharing options. Add to read it later/instapaper etc. The simplest solution would be to share by email, since most of these services provide a way to email an article to save it. IMO a couple of buttons to open in stock browser, and send to email (see WebReader f.i.) would be a very good addition.
    Email and Google + have now been added so it's definitely going in the right direction, email works better than WebReader as I have that too
    03-13-12 11:54 AM
    Submitted GeeReader v2.0.7 to RIM for approval yesterday (v2.0.6 was skipped). This version includes the following (most mentioned before):
    - Fixed an issue where the article view wouldn't load after rotating the device before loading the first article.
    - Fixed various other minor issues around loading of the article web view.
    Excellent update, thanks a lot GeeReaderDev!

If I may add another request, here's my proposal for the Starred "feed". As the goal of starring is to have some kind of online repository of liked items, Google Reader web UI shows "All Items" always for this list. Is it possible to force the same behaviour in GeeReaderDev?
    Thanks, Wolf.
    03-13-12 01:17 PM
315 ... 910111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD