I think this is the best option. A double down arrow symbol close to next message one (at the bottom) if article is maximized, and to mantain consistency the same location if you're in list mode.
    Does it sound good or will make the UI patchy?
    Wolf.
    Thanks makes sense. I'll play with a few ideas along those lines.
    Wolfgan likes this.
    12-20-11 10:55 AM
    I like it just the way it is, just two feedback:
    1)geereader could save my viewing preference (fullscreen viewing or not)
    2)when viewing fullscreen, text should be spread across the screen, not wrapped up in the middle

other than that, love your new update...
    Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.
    I'll definitely add some logic to save that viewing preference (Fullscreen vs Panel). Nice idea.

With option 2 are you referring to the mobi view? Unfortunately I don't have any control over the layout of the mobi or full view modes. I'm at the mercy of Instapaper and the site owner respectively.
    12-20-11 11:03 AM
    ... However I would prefer an option to go from 4 tiles to maybe just 2-3 rows worth of an article, that way you can still read what you'd normally see in 4 tiles mode, but larger.
    Ok cool. I'll see what I can do. I have a few more bugs to fix so this wont be in the next version but this is now on my todo list
    dimm0k likes this.
    12-20-11 11:07 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.
    I'll definitely add some logic to save that viewing preference (Fullscreen vs Panel). Nice idea.

With option 2 are you referring to the mobi view? Unfortunately I don't have any control over the layout of the mobi or full view modes. I'm at the mercy of Instapaper and the site owner respectively.
    yeah, I was referring to mobi view.. too bad about that..

by the way, another suggestion, I sometimes like to hold the pb with just one hand in portrait mode and having to touch the top bar to go back to feeds view is a bit troubling.. so, could you add more swiping gestures, or perhaps just move the button onto the bottom bar and adding left/right handed mode.. thanks
    12-20-11 11:15 AM
    Marksasongko,

I had the same problem, the text was all in the middle and quite small. If you are in mobi mode, you will notice that right under the full view page link at the top of an article is a little AA icon. Click that and it allows you to adjust the text size and the text width across the page and remembers your options. This is likely an instapaper function, as it will have to adjust for the variety of phones and tabs in the market. Hope it works for you, the mobi view is one of the best features in my opinion.

thanks,
    Sophace
    GeeReaderDev and marksasongko like this.
    12-20-11 11:37 AM
    ...so, could you add more swiping gestures, or perhaps just move the button onto the bottom bar and adding left/right handed mode.. thanks
    Swipe gesture support is actually already built in Swipe up on the title bar or bottom toolbar to close the article (back in v2.0.4) and swipe left and right on the title bar or bottom toolbar to go to the next or previous article respectively.

I have to admit though that the swipe gestures can be a bit finicky so I'll see what I can do to make the swipe operations a bit better.
    12-20-11 12:02 PM
    Marksasongko,

I had the same problem, the text was all in the middle and quite small. If you are in mobi mode, you will notice that right under the full view page link at the top of an article is a little AA icon. Click that and it allows you to adjust the text size and the text width across the page and remembers your options. This is likely an instapaper function, as it will have to adjust for the variety of phones and tabs in the market. Hope it works for you, the mobi view is one of the best features in my opinion.

thanks,
    Sophace
    it works!! wow, thanks...
    12-20-11 12:04 PM
    Swipe gesture support is actually already built in Swipe up on the title bar or bottom toolbar to close the article (back in v2.0.4) and swipe left and right on the title bar or bottom toolbar to go to the next or previous article respectively.

I have to admit though that the swipe gestures can be a bit finicky so I'll see what I can do to make the swipe operations a bit better.
    yeah, but I don't think you could go back to "feed list" view from article view by swiping...
    12-20-11 12:09 PM
    oops sorry...misread your question. I've had a few requests to make it easier to either go back to feed list view or quickly go to the next feed in the list (esp) when in portrait mode.

I'll see what I can do.
    marksasongko likes this.
    12-20-11 12:14 PM
    Couple of questions... in Mobi mode, is it possible to adjust the font size? I like Mobi mode, but the font size is huge!

Also, once I open up an article, is it possible to mark it as unread?

Really liking the interface! Especially how unread articles are bold faced and once read they gray out.
    12-20-11 08:18 PM
    Couple of questions... in Mobi mode, is it possible to adjust the font size? I like Mobi mode, but the font size is huge!
    In Mobi view there is a link in the page at the top left just below the "View Full Page" link that looks like "AA". Tap that and a font and layout control section in expanded in the web page. You can then tap the + and - links there to change the font size. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of control over this stuff as its all rendered in the page by the Instapaper service.

Also, once I open up an article, is it possible to mark it as unread?
    Yes. The second icon from the left on the bottom toolbar in the article view is the "Keep Unread" button. I've attached the icon that you're looking for.
    Attachment 99176

I'm glad you like the way the read items are displayed
    12-20-11 11:01 PM
    GeeReaderDev: man, thanks for this app and for the wonderfully fast support you provide! Was checking out the 4-tile mode and was wondering if you could possibly add the swipe to the right gesture to mark an article read? So if you're in 4-tile mode and swipe an article to the right it gets marked as read. Also possible to have this in the list mode?
    12-20-11 11:25 PM
    No prob

"Swipe to mark as read" is a great idea. It will be technically quite challenging to get that right but I think it will be a nice addition. I'll add it to my todo list.
    12-21-11 01:34 AM
    geereaderdev, I think your jump to last post bug is still there in 2.0.4
    12-21-11 10:17 AM
    Yeah. I also noticed the list update issue again last night. It seems to happen a lot less now (for me at least) but it's still there. I'm starting to suspect a bug in the SDK. I'll see if I can get a solution on the Blackberry Dev forums.
    12-21-11 11:00 AM
    GeeReader 2.0.5 submitted to RIM for approval. This is a bug fix release only. The release notes are:

- Fixed a feed parsing issue where feed items without HTML content were causing the feed item loading process to fail.
    - Fixed a bug in the new feed subscription dialog where the app would sometimes hang if you added an invalid feed subscription.
    - Fixed an issue in the feed subscription list where the list rendering would break if a feed subscription occurred in more than one folder
    - Fixed an issue in the sharing dialog where you could sometimes accidentally close the article with a swipe gesture.

This will (hopefully) be the last release this year.
    12-21-11 02:58 PM
    This will (hopefully) be the last release this year.
    Nooo! Love updates! But seriously, thanks and happy holidays!
    12-21-11 06:58 PM
    I have a problem with geereader free - i cant get past the login screen
    When i enter my user/pass (google user/pass) i get :
    Connecting as: [email protected] and nothing happens, the app hangs there. Only green circle is circling but nothing happens.
    12-31-11 12:05 PM
    Sent PM to investigate the issue
    12-31-11 12:38 PM
    GeeReader is great! One of my fave apps on the PlayBook.
    ninjalawyer and GeeReaderDev like this.
    12-31-11 02:04 PM
    Just realised that I could buy apps despite the app world defaulting to the US. The first app I bought? GeeReader Pro of course! absolutely perfect on the playbook - thanks for all the hard work GeeReaderDev!
    01-01-12 06:21 PM
    Awesome. Thanks for buying the PRO version
    01-02-12 07:02 AM
    I recently bought the PRO version after using the free version since it came out. Love the ability to mark the scrolled-past articles as read because I don't always get through everything in one sitting and I hated having to leave things unread only to have to go through them again later. I also like the 3 different options for viewing articles.

Thanks!
    GeeReaderDev likes this.
    01-02-12 04:57 PM
    I have a problem with geereader free - i cant get past the login screen
    When i enter my user/pass (google user/pass) i get :
    Connecting as: [email protected] and nothing happens, the app hangs there. Only green circle is circling but nothing happens.
    Same here, it kept on rejecting my login details, same login info worked on my gmail platform. Could this be investigated and resolved please? Well done for a great application.
    01-02-12 04:59 PM
    PM sent to investigate further
    01-03-12 12:32 AM
315 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD