I think I have fixed the issue you were experiencing.
    The updated bar is attached. I also updated the link in the original post

Attachment 89513
    07-02-11 10:19 AM
    I guess it depends on which feature is most needed. At the moment the top 3 (no order) are:
    • Offline Support
    • Portrait Mode
    • Sharing via Email,Twitter, Facebook

I think I need to set up a poll to decide which to build next.
    Wolfgan likes this.
    07-02-11 10:41 AM
    I guess it depends on which feature is most needed. At the moment the top 3 (no order) are:
    • Offline Support
    • Portrait Mode

GeeReader 1.8b1 worked well for me. I like the new menus.

A couple of (probably easy to add) features I miss:
    * tweak default font size
    * an unread items counter on the status bar

Thanks for sharing this app! Wolf
    07-02-11 11:06 AM
    • Offline Support
    • Portrait Mode

Sharing, font options..... And I know we can search this, but it might be helpful to include a link to instructions for installing a .bar file.

Thanks for your continuing work on the app!
    07-02-11 11:52 AM
    Sharing, font options..... And I know we can search this, but it might be helpful to include a link to instructions for installing a .bar file.
    Thanks for your continuing work on the app!
    Either command line or GUI alternatives...
    07-02-11 12:52 PM
    GeeReader 1.8b1 worked well for me. I like the new menus.

A couple of (probably easy to add) features I miss:
    * tweak default font size
    * an unread items counter on the status bar

Thanks for sharing this app! Wolf
    I'll add the option to set the default font size tomorrow.
    Can you maybe send me a screenshot highlighting the area where you'd like to see an additional unread counter?
    07-02-11 01:44 PM
    I'll add the option to set the default font size tomorrow.
    Can you maybe send me a screenshot highlighting the area where you'd like to see an additional unread counter?
    Will try to get a doctored screenshot soon.
    I read the items maximized in full screen, so I was thinking of useful to have an unread/total counter displayed in the bottom bar (close to the Star/Like/Share/KeepUnread buttons, or the prev/next pagination arrows)
    Thanks! Wolf
    07-02-11 01:53 PM
    Aaah ok... don't worry about that screenshot then. I know what you mean. I'll see what I can do
    Wolfgan likes this.
    07-02-11 01:55 PM
    how can i try this? ive downloaded it straight from the pb browser but when i open it is says unable to find default app... can i get some help please?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-11 03:42 PM
    Well, I see the GUI methods for loading a BAR file have been posted, and I'll post up my old thread that has a very simplistic method for loading, just extract the zip into a folder and then setup the batch file. Once that's done, all you have to do is drag and drop the BAR file onto the batch file and it will load it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/si...pworld-615199/

The new version works great for me! Few little bugs I found for you to dig up, nothing major just usability fixes.

When bringing up the drop downs from the top to select new items, unread, etc. I noticed if I touch anywhere else on the screen it acts as if I hadn't brought that window up. IE. if I click on an article, it loads it up. What I would expect to see as a user would be if I touch outside of the drop down window, it would simply close it and return to the regular view.

The "Blogs I am following" entry is empty and it gave me a button to view all items. The button only appeared once, and while I was waiting for it to work I moved to the CrackBerry feed and it notified me the CrackBerry feed was empty. (No button there) This isn't a big issue, move to a different feed and back and everything works normal again. But I wasn't sure if you wanted the button to be displayed more then once, it does seem to disappear till you restart the app.

Otherwise looking great! I really like the look of the new article boxes and the slimming of the top control bar. I did find the gesture area in the article window, it's basically the entire area from the top of the article window to the bottom of the title section. (Where the name and author is listed) Gestures work well and it's a nice alternative to the little buttons at the bottom

Thanks for posting this here! I know betas aren't for everyone, but there's a good portion of people here who eat this stuff up.
    GeeReaderDev likes this.
    07-02-11 03:58 PM
    When is the new update expected to hit App World? I have a MAC therefore can't sideload anything.

It's the best rss reader by the way. I've tried all of them and it's easily the easiest to use and the most solid.

Thanks
    07-03-11 12:21 AM
    When bringing up the drop downs from the top to select new items, unread, etc. I noticed if I touch anywhere else on the screen it acts as if I hadn't brought that window up. IE. if I click on an article, it loads it up. What I would expect to see as a user would be if I touch outside of the drop down window, it would simply close it and return to the regular view.
    I agree. I'll see what I can do

The "Blogs I am following" entry is empty and it gave me a button to view all items. ....
    I've noticed that the "Blogs I am following" folder returned by the Google Reader API even when its empty (and not visible on the Google Reader website). I'll specifically excluded this category if it is empty. I'll also make sure I handle other regular categories properly when they have no feeds.

I did find the gesture area in the article window, it's basically the entire area from the top of the article window to the bottom of the title section. (Where the name and author is listed) Gestures work well and it's a nice alternative to the little buttons at the bottom
    You can actually initiate a gesture from almost anywhere in the article detail view except on the article text (which is a web view), or on the article navigation bar at the bottom, or on the article title (which is a clickable link). You can even make the gesture next the article panel (on the transparent black area) when the article panel is minimized.
    07-03-11 02:08 AM
    When is the new update expected to hit App World? I have a MAC therefore can't sideload anything.

It's the best rss reader by the way. I've tried all of them and it's easily the easiest to use and the most solid.
    I just have to sort out a few bugs and usability issues found in the beta and then I'll submit to Appworld for approval. I'll probably submit it for approval this coming week sometime. RIM takes about 1 week to approve the new release.

Glad you like it
    07-03-11 02:10 AM
    Thanks for the feedback on that, hopefully I'm not coming across as nagging, I just wanted to give you a few things I know users get hung up on. Besides, isn't development more fun when you've got people engaging, testing and giving feedback?

Thanks again also for the great app! Still my favorite RSS reader.
    07-03-11 02:24 AM
    I really appreciated the feedback...thanks!! Thats exactly what I'm looking for. You are right...the feedback keeps me motivated
    07-03-11 02:31 AM
    @ GeeReaderDev,

GREAT app. I've had no problems and it and I get a lot of use out of it. Thanks a lot.
    07-09-11 01:17 AM
    GeeReader v1.0.8 is now available in AppWorld. It might take a little while for it to appear on your device. Let me know if you run into any issues with the new version.
    07-11-11 02:26 PM
    Awesome, still the best rss reader available.
    07-11-11 02:29 PM
    GeeReader v1.0.8 is now available in AppWorld. It might take a little while for it to appear on your device. Let me know if you run into any issues with the new version.
    Cant hardly wait. Change log?
    07-11-11 03:06 PM
    v1.0.8 Release Notes:

Enhancements
    • Gestures (Swipe Up, Swipe Left, Swipe Right) are now supported in the article detail view
    • Added support for filtering feed subscription. You can now choose to only view updated feed subscription or all subscriptions
    • Added support for sorting the feed subscriptions alphabetically or as per sorting configured in your Google Reader profile
    • You can now customize the default font size used for the article text.
    • Moved the toolbar buttons to dropdown menus
    • Various minor styling tweaks
    • Added a "Back" button and a "Maximise/Minimise" button to the article detail panel

Bug Fixes
    • The main feed items behind the article detail popup are no longer scrollable when the popup is shown.
    • Fixed various stability issues
    • Site icons are now displayed on feed items when view feed items per folder.
    • The previous articles text is no longer shown in the new article panel when switching between articles
    optimo, Wolfgan and technomensch like this.
    07-11-11 03:10 PM
    Hats off to the developer of Gee Reader! The developer has delivered an outstanding app, communicated with users exceptionally well and delivered on the commitments made!

An example to hold up to all developers. Thanks for being a great Plabyook developer!

The Hankster
    07-11-11 04:24 PM
    Very Nice Update!
    07-11-11 05:22 PM
    Has anyone else had probelms with updating through AppWorld? Everytime I updated, the old version would remain. Appworld would show the download but the new version would not replace the old version. I doubt this is an issue with GeeReader, but figured that many of you guys might have had the same issue.

I finally got it working by deleting the old version from my home screen. Then deleting it from AppWorld. Then restarting the Playbook. After the restart, went into Appworld and reinstalled.
    07-13-11 01:45 PM
    I found that I had both versions on my homescreen. This also happened with Flash games. I just deleted the old versions on the home screen. I'm hoping this will stop my continual update prompts for the aforementioned apps.
    07-13-11 02:38 PM
    Oops....I think the "2 icons on homescreen" issue may have been as a result of something I did. I changed the name of the application package file name. Apparently this results in you ending up with 2 application icons...one for the old version and one for the new one. I thought the installation process would be smart enough for this not to cause an issue.....

You can simply delete the icon pointing to the old version and the old version of the application will be uninstalled. You shouldn't have to reboot your PB.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.
    07-14-11 02:51 AM
315 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD