[Ever notice how someone praises before asking for something?]
    LOL ... how else are you going to get what you want

I noticed that the feeds are coming in alphabetically. Is there any way that they could be displayed in the order that I've arranged them on GReader?
    No prob. This will be easy to implement. Its on my todo list.

... It's the "Mark Above As Read". ....
    No prob. I'll add this requirement to my todo list.
    05-14-11 12:53 PM
    I love this app too. could you please increase font size as there is allot of waisted space in most feeds. Bigger font size would be awesome.
    05-14-11 01:07 PM
    @eelect

I'm happy to hear that you like the app!!
    I'll add a setting that will allow you to set the default font size for the article text.
    Would you also like the option to increase/decrease the font size for each article?

In the meantime you can use the pinch\zoom action in the article detail area to zoom the article text as needed.
    05-14-11 01:22 PM
    Gee,
    first, thanks not only for the app but for your level of customer service (out-damn-standing!!!); second, when you pinch and zoom is there a way to make the words wrap?
    05-14-11 02:29 PM
    oh, one other thing. yes, it would be great to have the articles arranged as the are on google reader, but will we still be able to view alphabetically if thats our choice?
    05-14-11 02:31 PM
    The links in the article itself should actually work but the content will just be displayed in the preview window. It wont open a page in the web browser. I'll see what I can do to maybe allow you to define what the behavior should be when you click on the links in the article summary itself i.e. open in browser or open in preview window.

At the moment the full article will only be shown in the browser when you tap on the article title.
    GeeReaderDev, I sent you an email on this a few days ago, and its happening again. I scroll down the feed list to a feed where I know there are new items, and that's reflected by the numbers in bold next to the feed name on the left-hand side, but when I look to the right for the preview, it says there are no unread feeds. I know there are, in fact, unread articles because they show up on my BeReader on my Torch. I have attached the screenshot.

And still very happy with GeeReader!
    05-15-11 01:23 AM
    Gee,
    first, thanks not only for the app but for your level of customer service (out-damn-standing!!!); second, when you pinch and zoom is there a way to make the words wrap?
    Only a pleasure

There doesn't appear to be any easy way to reflow the article text after you've zoomed in with the pinch and zoom. I'll do some more research though to see if I can come up with a way to do this.
    05-15-11 02:47 AM
    oh, one other thing. yes, it would be great to have the articles arranged as the are on google reader, but will we still be able to view alphabetically if thats our choice?
    Definitely. I'm adding the logic to sort the feed subscriptions according to the sort order configured in Google Reader. I'll also allow you to choose the sort order
    05-15-11 02:50 AM
    Gotta ask, is there any chance of a pre-release of the new versions on the forums here? Since the app is free in App-World, there shouldn't be a problem with piracy.

I would love to help test new versions and give feedback on it!
    05-15-11 02:56 AM
    I don't think I'll make the app publicly available on the forum purely for stats tracking reasons. The AppWorld vendor portal allows you to track number of downloads etc.

I will definitely consider sending prerelease debug versions to a few willing testers to iron out any issues before full release. Its a bit of a mission to install these versions yourself though. You need the Tablet OS SDK + a few other things in order to do this.

I'm busy creating the GUI concepts to refine the GUI changes that I need to make to cater for the new functionality. I'll post these concepts on the forum for feedback to make sure I'm going in the right direction before I start development.
    05-15-11 03:08 AM
    I scroll down the feed list to a feed where I know there are new items, and that's reflected by the numbers in bold next to the feed name on the left-hand side, but when I look to the right for the preview, it says there are no unread feeds.
    Thanks for the screenshot. I'll continue debugging on my side. I've seen this behavior if one of the feed subscription is invalid or is some kind of "special" Google Reader feed. In your case there was that one "special" subscription: Google Toolbar Command Error

I think this feed is causing the issues. I'll see if I can add a workaround for this.
    05-15-11 03:13 AM
    I will definitely consider sending prerelease debug versions to a few willing testers to iron out any issues before full release. Its a bit of a mission to install these versions yourself though. You need the Tablet OS SDK + a few other things in order to do this.
    Well, my hope is that we can get the developers a little easier deployment of their apps to beta testers or for developers who have applications taking a long time for approval.

Anyway, I've posted up a thread here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/si...pworld-615199/
    And it should let users load bar files to their devices easily with only the Java runtime installed. There's the needed files from the SDK to load applications, and it's under 1MB for the zip. Only requirement on your side is that it is a signed release and not a debug version.

So let me know if you need a tester!
    05-15-11 04:44 AM
    I'm busy working on the next version of GeeReader. I'll be making quite a few changes to the front-end to support some of the new features. Here are a few of the design concepts. Constructive criticism is more than welcome

New Login Dialog Layout
    Attachment 86829

New Feed Subscription and Feed List Context Menus
    Attachment 86830

Redesigned slide down application menu
    Attachment 86832

Improved styling of the article detail popup
    Attachment 86831

Note: I might have to leave out the reflection shown in the last image if it doesn't perform well.
    05-16-11 03:39 PM
    The modifications look terrific! I would like to see an email option on the "send to", as that is the method I use most often on BeReader or within google reader.

I did take a look at Pipeline Pro on the Playbook. I will give Pipeline a few days. It is an interesting approach to graphics and has google reader syncing, but, IMHO, GeeReader remains the fastest, smoothest and overall best Reader App to date.
    05-16-11 04:38 PM
    looks sleek and clean. will it scroll fluidly with no lag? also - can you add feeds to your google reader directly here?
    05-16-11 05:44 PM
    this looks fantastic!!!!!

thank you for making these enhancements!
    05-16-11 06:12 PM
    Keep the updates coming GeeReader! The new screens look great!
    05-16-11 08:00 PM
    Yep - looking good and looking forward to the release of the update!
    05-16-11 11:30 PM
    The modifications look terrific! I would like to see an email option on the "send to", as that is the method I use most often on BeReader or within google reader.
    Thanks. Send via email will definitely be in the next version
    05-17-11 01:34 AM
    looks sleek and clean. will it scroll fluidly with no lag? also - can you add feeds to your google reader directly here?
    I'm working on the feed item list scrolling performance and the animation performance....that lag bugs me too

Feed management might not make it into the next version but its definitely on the todo list. "Send To" functionality is taking priority at the moment.
    05-17-11 01:36 AM
    Love the app, some minor criticisms. The X button to close the article popup could maybe be larger. A lot of the time when I click it I accidentally maximize the window instead of close it (or put a larger close icon to the right hand side of the article when it's not maximized, something like that).

Disabling the scrolling of the background while an article popup is visible might make sense too.
    05-17-11 01:19 PM
    Just tried the Gee Reader and it is a keeper. Good job so far.
    Last edited by CSI Guy; 05-17-11 at 01:47 PM.
    05-17-11 01:44 PM
    These changes look fantastic! This app, and this app alone, helps to restore my faltering faith in the PlayBook as it relates to third-party apps. Very nicely done.

Roll on Zinio and Kindle!
    05-17-11 02:24 PM
    Thanks again for GeeReader, I'm truly becoming addicted to it and let me stay away from my laptop for news.
    Aside from the previous ideas (ie order as per GReader, not alphabetical; fonts default size config), when I use the news on maximized mode, I'm missing the space bar functionality of navigating one feed article by article, then jumping to the next feed, and so on. Can it be implemented on GeeReader as well? (ie > button in max mode, jump to next feed when reached end of list in current one)
    Thanks for this app, Wolf
    05-21-11 10:48 AM
    Thanks again for GeeReader, I'm truly becoming addicted to it and let me stay away from my laptop for news.
    Can it be implemented on GeeReader as well? (ie > button in max mode, jump to next feed when reached end of list in current one)
    Thanks for this app, Wolf
    Glad to hear that you're finding GeeReader to be useful!
    I like the idea...I'll see what I can do to make it easier to move to the next feed when you are in the maximised article view.
    05-23-11 01:55 AM
315 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD