you should take a look to FeedWheel, it's free and for me it's one of the best rss reader
    05-05-11 08:33 PM
    I am looking for the new version and so not see an update available. Did Rim say when it will be available?
    Hi optimo. The new version is definitely available but I think you might have to refresh you App World catalogue in order to see it. If you download it again from appworld you should get v1.0.7
    05-05-11 11:50 PM
    I've refreshed my App World catalogue, but I keep getting 1.0.6. The funny thing is if I delete the app and refresh the Uninstalled list it shows 1.07. I click reinstall it keeps giving me 1.0.6?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-11 07:16 AM
    Unfortunately there's not much more I can suggest. This appears to be an AppWorld issue now. I'll see what I can find on the AppWorld forums about forcing an AppWorld catalogue refresh.
    05-06-11 07:19 AM
    I am also only seeing 1.06. Is there a way to reset app world? Like on BB's it's holding alt+rst, is there anything like that for the PB?
    05-06-11 07:23 AM
    I finally received my Playbook and was able to test my app on an actual device for the first time!

I've noticed that the transitions and scrolling aren't as smooth as they should be and that it can be difficult to close the article popup dialog sometimes. I'll address these usability issues ASAP.
    05-06-11 07:23 AM
    I am also only seeing 1.06. Is there a way to reset app world? Like on BB's it's holding alt+rst, is there anything like that for the PB?
    From what I see on the forums there doesn't appear to be any way to force clear the AppWorld cache on the Playbook itself. The cache on the device apparently has a 7 day lifetime.
    05-06-11 07:47 AM
    I'm still on version 1.06 (no update in my App World yet) and am continuing to experience a problem loading my feeds. I used the Blogger link to disable any Blogger fees, which had previous kept the app from even being able to see the feed sources. Now the left pane properly shoes all my feed sources and the number of unread articles, but the right pane says '"All Items" has not Items'. (The same thing happens when I click on individual source feeds.) All of this depite showing unread articles in the left pane.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions?
    05-06-11 08:40 AM
    @screamlordbyron This seems to be a different issue. Would you mind sending me your complete list of feed subscription URLs? You can export these via the "Feed Management" option on the Google Reader website. I'd like to try and recreate and debug the issue in my dev environment.
    05-06-11 08:50 AM
    Will swipe gestures be coming to go to the next or previous posts?
    05-06-11 09:20 AM
    DL'd the update last night, and this one is a MUCH better go around...Deleted Feed Wheel - nice job!

I'll have some feedback and/or recommendations for you as I use it more this weekend. Right off the top of my head though, are there plans for swipe gestures to advance/retreat the articles?

Edit: Whoah, Bluemax, get out of my head! LoL
    05-06-11 09:20 AM
    DL'd the update last night, and this one is a MUCH better go around...Deleted Feed Wheel - nice job!

I'll have some feedback and/or recommendations for you as I use it more this weekend. Right off the top of my head though, are there plans for swipe gestures to advance/retreat the articles?

Edit: Whoah, Bluemax, get out of my head! LoL
    Jinx! You owe me a Coke!
    05-06-11 09:22 AM
    Will swipe gestures be coming to go to the next or previous posts?
    Definitely! I decided to wait until I could test this functionality on an actual device before I implemented it. Got my Playbook today so additional gesture support will be added. I'll probably implement feed management and sharing via Twitter/Facebook/Email first though
    05-06-11 10:27 AM
    I'll have some feedback and/or recommendations for you as I use it more this weekend.
    Awesome!! I really look forward to user feedback. Its the only way I'm really going to be able to make the app better.

Please also list any minor irritations that you have (doesn't matter how small).
    05-06-11 10:30 AM
    Got GeeReader 1.07 installed.

I'm not 100% sure this had anything to do with it (or AppWorld is now working), but in App World if you select My World then bring up the onscreen keyboard and type in r s t you get a dialog box that says "The Service Cache has been cleared." with an OK button.
    parabola, paulvr01 and bluemax413 like this.
    05-06-11 11:06 AM
    cool. good to know.
    05-06-11 11:08 AM
    @screamlordbyron This seems to be a different issue. Would you mind sending me your complete list of feed subscription URLs? You can export these via the "Feed Management" option on the Google Reader website. I'd like to try and recreate and debug the issue in my dev environment.
    feeds.feedburner.com/freakangels
    Isolum.typepad.com/legaltheory/atom.xml
    theeuropeanwinetable.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
    dpreview.com/feeds/news.xml
    atwoodknives.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
    The Gadgeteer
    www.luminous-landscape/whatsnew/rssfeed.php
    05-06-11 02:50 PM
    Open the keyboard inside MyWorld and type "rst"

Works just like it does on a BB.

I deleted GeeReader and re-installed it. I now have 1.0.7. I had only used 1.0.6 for 15 minutes, but 1.0.7 seems to work well. Not sure what's different.
    05-06-11 03:05 PM
    I've refreshed my App World catalogue, but I keep getting 1.0.6. The funny thing is if I delete the app and refresh the Uninstalled list it shows 1.07. I click reinstall it keeps giving me 1.0.6?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

yep this is what I am getting too.....
    05-06-11 03:58 PM
    Oh, sorry, I forgot one step.

If you've tried to upgrade GeeReader (or anything else it seems) you'll have two apps on your home screen. Removing them through AppWorld will only remove one app.

Remove it from AppWorld, go to All on the home screen and delete the second one there. Make sure there is no GeeReader icon on your home screen in the All category.

Go back to AppWorld and reinstall it.

Worked for me. In fact, I've made a habit now of deleting every app and re-installing it to do an upgrade. At least until RIM sorts this bug out. Only downside is that you lose your settings when you delete the app.

Not so bad for GeeReader, but some of the games I was playing I deleted without thinking, and now I have to start over.
    05-06-11 04:04 PM
    love the app. just curious though, when i preview a feed, are the links supposed to work? i tried clicking on a link and it doesnt open the browser. if i click on the title only then will it open the browser.
    05-09-11 10:26 PM
    The links in the article itself should actually work but the content will just be displayed in the preview window. It wont open a page in the web browser. I'll see what I can do to maybe allow you to define what the behavior should be when you click on the links in the article summary itself i.e. open in browser or open in preview window.

At the moment the full article will only be shown in the browser when you tap on the article title.
    05-10-11 01:31 AM
    thanks. scrolling through several fields and swiping between articles seems somewhat slow as well, there is an evident lag. wojld be perfect if the movement is fluid.
    05-14-11 09:52 AM
    [Ever notice how someone praises before asking for something?]

Absolutely fantastic app once I've addressed the dead links in my feeds.

I completely agree with whoever asked for collapsing links/folders.

There are 2 other features that I would love to see, if at all possible.

I noticed that the feeds are coming in alphabetically. Is there any way that they could be displayed in the order that I've arranged them on GReader?

The other is a feature not in Google Reader, but part of a plug-in/extension that I use more than anything else. It's the "Mark Above As Read". Nothing bugs me more than making an accidental gesture or keyboard stroke to lose my place on the list. I'm sure everyone has they own favorite feature or wishlist that they think are "must haves". Personally, I've been waiting for Google to add it for years, having to rely on Greasemonkey and extensions to get it.
    05-14-11 12:00 PM
    thanks. scrolling through several fields and swiping between articles seems somewhat slow as well, there is an evident lag. wojld be perfect if the movement is fluid.
    I'll see what I can do to improve scrolling and animation performance. Animation performance should also improve once RIM releases the AIR 2.6 runtime.
    05-14-11 12:35 PM
315 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD