Do I have to install from my computer or can I do it from PB
    08-22-12 01:37 PM
    Well i was in the middle of playing and my hand slipped up and i pressed some button, the game zoomed back to some random pokemon battle very early in the game, and then when i checked my save file it was back to the first time i had saved.
    I am having this issue as well.. happened twice now. Any way to prevent this?
    09-26-12 10:05 PM
    Do I have to install from my computer or can I do it from PB
    If you're rooted, it's possible to do direct on PB. If not, you can use a proxy server running on the local WiFi network (e.g. on a smartphone or PC) and install direct on PB. Otherwise, you'll have to use a computer.
    09-27-12 07:55 AM
    THis does not side-load, some sort of error denies it to be side-loaded using DDPB can anyone help me all i know is once its done trying there's a red exclamation mark i would really like to play Pokemon gold plz and ty !!!!
    11-09-12 04:46 PM
    I wanna play pokemon and listen to my music on my playbook without having to hear the pokemon music. Any way to mute the sound at all?
    02-05-13 09:20 PM
    Heheh

What I love about this: is it is open source - community created.

So, while you are complaining about the "owner" and "author" and how terrible your experience is, its not going to fix itself.

All the community apps come with a refund - all you have to do is uninstall (edit: a bit snippy but really...). Or, you could install the NDK - download the source code from Github and contribute instead (I know, wishful thinking).

Edit: Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure Justin put instructions somewhere on how to move the buttons and modify them via INI in a folder. But again, why not just fork, and patch the Github release. Have some users beta-test it. Post the BAR here when its ready and passed testing - and work with Justin to figure out the best way to merge the fork (most likely a merge request will suffice). Just be prepared for a lot of feedback on button positions etc.

Edit: Added github link Added the simple fix from the first page on this one.

Ed.
    Last edited by KermEd; 02-28-13 at 02:21 AM.
    02-28-13 01:54 AM
    Or, you could follow the instructions here and add these files on your PB: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ml#post7371085 (someone else linked to it on the first page).

There are no awards for attendance You have to earn open source apps with effort sometimes.
    02-28-13 02:18 AM
    In case anyone is interested, this emulator works perfectly on my Z10! Just side load it, and you're good to go (after putting your ROMs in /misc/gbcolor-pb/roms which I needed to create manually).

The single issue I have is that the D-pad is distorted looking, and a little too small. But every game I've tried has been playable, looks great, sounds great, and saves perfectly.
    03-09-13 02:11 PM
    Happy to hear that it is working on the z10. I wonder if it would be possible to link devices in game. At least I can copy the save data over for work lol. Awesome app. Keep the updates rolling.. A gameshark would be cool for this too..

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 05:47 PM
    In case anyone is interested, this emulator works perfectly on my Z10! Just side load it, and you're good to go (after putting your ROMs in /misc/gbcolor-pb/roms which I needed to create manually).

The single issue I have is that the D-pad is distorted looking, and a little too small. But every game I've tried has been playable, looks great, sounds great, and saves perfectly.
    How do I put my ROMs in /misc/gbcolor-pb/roms ? And where do I do that? on the PC or in the phone? Thanks
    03-15-13 02:58 PM
    How do I put my ROMs in /misc/gbcolor-pb/roms ? And where do I do that? on the PC or in the phone? Thanks
    You can do it on either the phone or computer. On the phone just open file manager (the default one), and make sure you're in the device tab, not SD card or any cloud storage, then select misc, and then select gbcolor-pb, or if it isn't there press the three little dots on the bottom right menu and select add folder to create it, then select roms or create it if it isn't there. You are now in the right folder. Now just copy and paste the roms that you find on the Internet or create yourself into the folder, then they'll appear in the emulator.
    03-15-13 03:14 PM
    You can do it on either the phone or computer. On the phone just open file manager (the default one), and make sure you're in the device tab, not SD card or any cloud storage, then select misc, and then select gbcolor-pb, or if it isn't there press the three little dots on the bottom right menu and select add folder to create it, then select roms or create it if it isn't there. You are now in the right folder. Now just copy and paste the roms that you find on the Internet or create yourself into the folder, then they'll appear in the emulator.
    Just to add to this:

I had to first upload the roms to my Dropbox account, which is linked ot my Z10, and then copy and paste them from there into the proper directory. Or, if you want, you could connect your Z10 to your computer and put them in the directory directly from there.

I originally tried emailing them to myself, but it wouldn't allow me to open the rom files and thus save them where I needed. I bet you could put them on an SD card though and copy/paste them where needed.
    03-20-13 10:53 AM
    Hi im new to this site and new to the BB playbook os, i was wondering, do i download directly to the playbook or i have to use a pc to install the emulator in the playbook? I hope you can answer me thank you
    GBColor-PB
    Version: 1.0.0.3

Changes:
    1.0.0.2 - 1.0.0.3 - Fixed issue where folders were not being created.
    1.0.0.1 - 1.0.0.2 - Fixed issue where tco.xml was getting picked up in vbampb folder.

Features:
    1. Rom Selector (tap top left)
    2. Loads .gb or .gbc images
    3. Invisible start/select buttons (swipe down to see them, start is on RIGHT)
    4. Persistent Save/Load games.
    5. Save/Load states (invisible, top, left side is save)

Screenshots:

http://i46.tinypic.com/qn74mg.jpg
    (ROM Selector)

http://i45.tinypic.com/24lkh9j.jpg
    (Proof of concept: Loading games)

http://i48.tinypic.com/osyh5c.jpg
    (In game footage)

Credits:
    1. Froggyface - initial port of VBAMpb
    2. CatalystG - BPS - Rom Selector

Download: https://github.com/downloads/jtokarc...PB-1_0_0_3.bar

Github: http://www.github.com/jtokarchuk/gbcolor-pb

Enjoy!
    04-11-13 01:19 AM
    Does this even work? vbampb doesn't work for ****, the sound is completely distorted and the gameplay is jerky as Hell. The main version sported by Froggyface (v1.0.0.11) doesn't even generate any game folders so doesn't even load up LOL and the other updated version doesn't have working sound.
    04-11-13 04:45 PM
    Does this even work? vbampb doesn't work for ****, the sound is completely distorted and the gameplay is jerky as Hell. The main version sported by Froggyface (v1.0.0.11) doesn't even generate any game folders so doesn't even load up LOL and the other updated version doesn't have working sound.
    Download the version linked in the last post: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=687687

If you want the gameplay and the sound to be better change the settings of the vbam.cfg file using ghost commander.
    04-11-13 07:27 PM
    Download the version linked in the last post: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=687687

If you want the gameplay and the sound to be better change the settings of the vbam.cfg file using ghost commander.
    It's all very well saying "change the settings" but I had a look at the text file already and it's nigh incomprehensible. How did you personally get the sound working right?
    04-11-13 07:53 PM
    It's all very well saying "change the settings" but I had a look at the text file already and it's nigh incomprehensible. How did you personally get the sound working right?
    It is not incomprehensible if you pay attention, here some screenshots of my settings in ghost commander:
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?jd3ro4kzkfvk5nr
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?0bf1x1c5wwcg05g
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?mefcrt64net0q6p

With this settings the gameplay is fast and the sound is ok in this roms I have: Zelda the minish cap, pokemon ruby, zelda four swords, rayman advance, metal slug advance, megaman zero 3, kirby and the amazing mirror.
    KermEd likes this.
    04-11-13 09:36 PM
    It is not incomprehensible if you pay attention, here some screenshots of my settings in ghost commander:
    MediaFire - Space for your documents, photos, videos, and music.

With this settings the gameplay is fast and the sound is ok in this roms I have: Zelda the minish cap, pokemon ruby, zelda four swords, rayman advance, metal slug advance, megaman zero 3, kirby and the amazing mirror.
    Okay thanks very much for that, I can use that as a functional baseline to make the sound work.
    04-11-13 10:09 PM
    i alredy download it but it tells me that i have no "roms" and i tried downloading roms but it still tells me the same thing ! and i want to play pokemon silver and i can`t, please can someone tell me or help me play pokemon silver thanks and great work doing this emulators!
    Last edited by elmago445; 05-23-13 at 01:00 PM. Reason: i rote something wron
    05-23-13 12:59 PM
    Good job, will try at some stage.
    can someone help me i cant play it tells me that i dont have any roms and i tried to download pokemon silver rom but it still tells me the same thing please i need help thanks :3
    05-23-13 01:19 PM
    Having a few problems. The keypad is distorted and very hard to use. once exited the game i can not get back on to it unless i upload the Rom again. please get back to me asap
    07-22-13 07:56 AM
    Hi guys I'm getting this message: "ERROR: You do not have any ROMS! Add gb/gbc ROMS to: "Shared/misc/gbcolor-pb/roms" using either WIFI Sharing or Desktop Software"

I do have ROMS installed in there which I added manually using Stuff app; what desktop software does it mean? BB Link? Thanks
    12-11-13 09:29 AM
    Sideloading was possible only via wifi development mode as usb port is damaged and using 12volt rapid charger so i used the dpbb software for my laptop and accessed playbook through wifi playbook ip address then went to the folder misc then sideloaded gbcolor pb then google the roms for it then runned it playing pokemon silver for the minute theres 2 issues lags and speeds up went entering new towns and second is there a gameshark or cheat function with the software to have masterballs and rare candy as the gbcolor emulator has no cheat function shame really would be fully complete emulator with added cheat and has anyone ever come up with wifi battle for it like playbook link so other players can battle others similar to link cable via wifi mode even if possible like playbook ip address linked to second playbook ip address
    12-18-14 12:45 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD