EA has given us NFS and Tetris so i figured they must know what to do with the PB, but why havent they released more games for it? some games in appworld are really fun, dont get me wrong but why such a huge diff in quality...(compare NFS with the others) the PB has really powerful specs and i find it such a waste when not really utilized, not just games but other apps as well. i love my PB and will stick it out to the end but i do wish more apps that make use of the superior hardware would be released.
    05-05-11 11:21 AM
    The NDK was just released the day of launch or close to launch, so the developers are going to really get into it now.

RIM worked with EA to get a couple of games going for launch, but if you look at the videos CB has done especially with the video running android apps, and you will Samurai 2 Vengeance looking great on the PB.

Just need to give the developers time to produce the games now
    05-05-11 11:25 AM
    RIM themselves likely won't release any great games; that's not their focus. It's my understanding that they only released NFS and Tetris to show the functionality of the device.

As far as third party developers, well, you can't exactly roll out great games in less than a month that work well enough to be widespread. Not to mention the time involved in making such a quality game would certainly cost a fair bit of coin, and it would be hard to justify without charging something seemingly obscene in order to download.

Give it time, and I'm sure there will be something available.
    05-05-11 11:26 AM
    @QuIcKsIlV3r umm wrong the NDK is coming sometime in the summer All we have now is the Air SDK and WebWorks none of which allows us to do things like NFS:U (heavy 3D etc.)
    05-05-11 12:19 PM
    @QuIcKsIlV3r umm wrong the NDK is coming sometime in the summer All we have now is the Air SDK and WebWorks none of which allows us to do things like NFS:U (heavy 3D etc.)
    Ya my bad... I just watched the Quake 3 video and kevin mentioning the NDK isn't available to the public yet... either way...RIM is being selective right now on the apps available and being produced
    05-05-11 12:21 PM
    RIM is being selective right now on the apps available and being produced
    looking at all the crap on the app world, you wouldn't think...
    05-05-11 12:51 PM
    well... kinda impatient but i'd rather have em release polish rather than rush because i'm in no way an expert but i do kinda feel what the Playbook is capable of and like most here, really excited to find out more of whats in store. like i've said in another post. "an iconic name with powerful hardware alone will not be enough"
    05-06-11 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD