As limetrip said on our mc2 playbook club thread rim purchased the license for the game or.. something that let them port it for us so its them we need to contact about gameloft games.. it may have been pointed out already here Im in a rush didnt read every post
    01-29-12 08:18 PM
    As limetrip said on our mc2 playbook club thread rim purchased the license for the game or.. something that let them port it for us so its them we need to contact about gameloft games.. it may have been pointed out already here Im in a rush didnt read every post
    Yea, it was mentioned a few posts up. I was just saying that Gameloft support on any platform is crappy. If RIM actually did port these for the Playbook and Gameloft had no hand in it, it should say it somewhere in the app itself so that people would know who to contact for support. On Android you're lucky to get a support email replied to at all, and I'm sure it can't be that much different for iOS devices.

Basically Gameloft support sucks. So if they actually do start to do Playbook development themselves, don't expect much.
    01-29-12 11:03 PM
    How does one get in contact with BB Apps? And I wish RIM would remove their name from App World since they aren't supporting the playbook

PS Gameloft is stupid id buy so many more games of theirs
    Seriously... What a waste
    01-30-12 12:07 AM
    When I click "More Games" I am taken to this page:

01-30-12 02:18 AM
    Seriously... What a waste
    why is it a waste? i find their games over all to be fun. for picking up a tablet and having some quick fun they got some good games. is there better games out there? of course but thats why i have my PC PS3 360 and Wii
    Race Driver likes this.
    01-30-12 06:40 AM
    why is it a waste? i find their games over all to be fun. for picking up a tablet and having some quick fun they got some good games. is there better games out there? of course but thats why i have my PC PS3 360 and Wii
    No, no... I love their games and own pretty much every one. I just think it's a waste that they are not even willing to sell their own games to us. I mean c'mon, there's a market there!
    Stuckmojo likes this.
    01-30-12 10:43 AM
    When I click "More Games" I am taken to this page:

Click to view quoted image
    And that in on Gameloft's server/domain. Support on AppWorld also points to them. Something is wrong here.
    01-30-12 12:31 PM
    And that in on Gameloft's server/domain. Support on AppWorld also points to them. Something is wrong here.
    I am of the opinion that GameLoft support is just crappy. But I dunno
    01-30-12 12:33 PM
    No, no... I love their games and own pretty much every one. I just think it's a waste that they are not even willing to sell their own games to us. I mean c'mon, there's a market there!
    oh haha sorry and yes i have to agree it is a waste not to mention we buy angry birds at 5bucks when apple has a free version or a 99cents version we want our games dammit we pay good money lol
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    01-30-12 05:03 PM
    Angry Birds for $5 is the same as the iPad version. The free version on iOS only has a select number of levels, and the .99 cent version is for iPhone/iPod only.
    01-30-12 08:10 PM
    Yeah I paid $5 for Angry Birds HD on the iPad2.
    Thing is they can do that, cause they know we are App hungry
    since there are not many out there for us.
    and also as soon as games like Plants vs Zombies show up on AppWorld
    in Feb I have a feeling its gonna be 9.99 compare to 6.99 I paid on ipad.
    This will eventually die down as more developers come into play and
    competition is on hand.
    01-30-12 08:36 PM
    Well, I have no problem with giving RIM the money for the two games I bought "from" GameLoft.
    01-30-12 08:49 PM
    lol probably an uninformed employee
    01-30-12 11:21 PM
    If you guys want this changed, then you should be over at Gameloft's forum in "Other Platforms" and demand more support. There's already a thread there linking to this thread in order to make the case. After all, Gameloft supports the Amazon Kindle Fire, which isn't even a real full fledged tablet.
    02-02-12 10:36 AM
    Gameloft continues to offer terrible support on their forums. Recently a question about Playbooks was moved by their moderators to the Android section. These guys are completely out to lunch.
    02-09-12 08:52 AM
    If you guys want this changed, then you should be over at Gameloft's forum in "Other Platforms" and demand more support. There's already a thread there linking to this thread in order to make the case. After all, Gameloft supports the Amazon Kindle Fire, which isn't even a real full fledged tablet.
    As started on this thread, Gameloft doesn't make any games for Playbook. Maybe they consider it less of a full-fledged tablet than the Fire, but I don't see why they should provide support for hardware they do not support.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    02-09-12 09:42 AM
    Well - it looks like they (or RIM) updated all of their games (except maybe Real Football). So I guess we can all stop crying now. The only one I couldn't get to update was Real Football. Got Nova2, Let's Golf, and Starfront. For Real Football, it appeared on the recently updated list, but I didn't receive a notice for the update.
    02-09-12 09:49 AM
    The Best Way To Get Gameloft attention is to comment on their YouTube video. You can ask your questions and expect a quick response.

I've posted in Gameloft's forums about more playbook games from Gameloft, you guys should request too.

Here's the link, register and post a reply.
    Blackberry Playbook
    Last edited by LimeTripBlog; 02-09-12 at 11:23 AM.
    02-09-12 10:01 AM
    I just found out that Gameloft does develop their games for the Playbook
    A friend's wife who works there is a developer and says they actually have PlayBooks to work with.

She doesn't know why the page says no support, even didn't have any idea that this was happening
    diegonei likes this.
    03-07-12 12:44 PM
    Anyone else having problems with starfront 2.0 and not being able this. Log in online? It tells me my user name down enter exist. I can't make a new username. I can log into the webpage using my user name.
    03-07-12 07:36 PM
    You have to create a "Gameloft Live" account. It's not the same account as your regular gameloft website registration.
    03-07-12 08:30 PM
    You have to create a "Gameloft Live" account. It's not the same account as your regular gameloft website registration.
    i did create a gameloft live account. i used it for months with OS1 and since i updated to OS2.0 it no longer works.

i tried creating new accounts to another one of my emails addresses, no such luck.
    03-08-12 04:10 PM
    i did create a gameloft live account. i used it for months with OS1 and since i updated to OS2.0 it no longer works.

i tried creating new accounts to another one of my emails addresses, no such luck.
    same problem. cant login when in starfront, but in modern combat 2, i can play multiplayer smoothly.

anybody can help?
    05-07-12 07:29 AM
    Well, I got the same issue with Gameloft Mac game Order & Chaos Online.
    The Mac version has been released a few months ago, but hasn't all the updates and goodies you'll find on IOS or Android versions (no dungeons, capped at lvl 60, no pvp zones).
    More important: the servers are not linked, so the server for the Mac version is empty.
    Biggest problem is that several (some severe) bugs have been found and reported, but it seems Gameloft doesn't care that much: there's still no update.

Well, the same happens to the Playbook it seems: they only invest there where the money is...
    05-07-12 09:22 AM
    More hints that more Gameloft games are going to be making their way to the Playbook:

Someone tweeted to Anders Jeppsson and Gameloft the following: "Batman and Spiderman games making their way on to Playbook any time soon"

The reply from Anders was:

"tons of top games are coming from gameloft to #playbook / #bb10 but you have to wait on their announcements :-)"

Tweeted August 5th
    noelito4three likes this.
    08-05-12 09:54 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD