Oh yes you are! No need to be coy... I would love to see that as well
    I don't know if I'd be able to do that to tell the truth

There's a weird glitch so I think I'm going to re-port the code. I didn't notice it because I don't play many gameboy colour games, but if you play a gameboy colour game in the emulator the colours are completely inverted for some reason. Still, won't take much longer.
    11-22-11 01:23 PM
    Everytime I see this topic updated with a new post and it's you, I'm hoping it's you posting the .bar :P I'm pretty excited to expand my PlayBook as a Gameboy/snes/PSP !
    11-22-11 01:33 PM
    Sweet! Really lookin forward to this!
    11-22-11 01:41 PM
    That would be amazing...cant wait!
    11-22-11 08:08 PM
    yes it could please post!
    T.roy likes this.
    11-22-11 08:44 PM
    I would love the game boy emulator!

Thanks!
    11-22-11 09:01 PM
    Wow I've been looking at this post all day every time a reply is posted I get excited that it might be the download link! Cant wait to see this, also Thanks for developing This man Id pay for your time developing this!
    11-22-11 09:26 PM
    dude work on this! it would be awesome!
    11-22-11 09:44 PM
    Yes please! I would rarely post... always reading through posts and threads, but since u asked to see if its worth ur time...yes! thanks greatly!
    11-22-11 10:10 PM
    INTERESTED!!

Thanks in advance for your time and effort.
    11-22-11 10:29 PM
    i would really like to see Nintendo 64 on the playbook if it can be doneeeee..... i miss wwf and wcw gamess
    11-23-11 02:16 AM
    Can you guys imagine N64 Zelda Ocarina of Time on the Playbook with its amazing video and sound quality? *drools*. Keep up the good work and thanks!
    11-23-11 03:05 PM
    My laptop won't start now. It's showing an error message on the biosloading screen, but I can only see "For more informa" because the screen's broken. The external screen doesn't turn on until the OS has loaded (and because the HDD broke with the screen and I only had an XP CD with no other computer, I had to install XP andthe graphics drivers wiyh no screen). Hopefully I'll have it working again later. Maybe I'll have to fix my old computer =/

So sorry. Hopefully it'll be worling again soon. I don't know why I mentioned the screenless OS install... Oh well. Just letting you know why I haven't posted it yet.

Oh, and it should go without saying that I'm on my Playbook now!
    11-24-11 05:20 AM
    My laptop won't start now. It's showing an error message on the biosloading screen, but I can only see "For more informa" because the screen's broken. The external screen doesn't turn on until the OS has loaded (and because the HDD broke with the screen and I only had an XP CD with no other computer, I had to install XP andthe graphics drivers wiyh no screen). Hopefully I'll have it working again later. Maybe I'll have to fix my old computer =/

So sorry. Hopefully it'll be worling again soon. I don't know why I mentioned the screenless OS install... Oh well. Just letting you know why I haven't posted it yet.

Oh, and it should go without saying that I'm on my Playbook now!
    Please please please use something like Dropbox to sync your work to other machines!
    The last thing we need is awesome applications made by devs to go to waste!

On a side note... I can't wait for it!
    11-24-11 07:34 AM
    Please please please use something like Dropbox to sync your work to other machines!
    The last thing we need is awesome applications made by devs to go to waste!

On a side note... I can't wait for it!
    The hard drive I ported this on is fine. It's just a mysrerious error message that I can't see.

EDIT: ... for some reason it didn't do what it normally does when the hard drive is disconnected. I don't know how, but the cable is damaged. I can fix that though, woo for soldering irons! (that's the only problem. I realised it was that when I plugged a flash drive with Ubuntu in)
    Last edited by Nagisa; 11-24-11 at 09:13 AM.
    11-24-11 07:47 AM
    I look forward to it, honestly I've been really wanting to play gameboy games since I got the playbook, its just the perfect size for that..
    11-24-11 10:47 PM
    This is a great idea. I hope all of these comments motivate you!
    11-25-11 12:40 AM
    Willing to help with NDK... to the best of my abilities. Still learning though so I may not be of too much assistance.

Edit: PM me if you want.
    Last edited by Meltbox360; 11-25-11 at 10:30 AM.
    11-25-11 10:22 AM
    id love a SNES emulator!! id also love the GBC as well!
    11-25-11 10:47 AM
    That's definitely interesting and I'm sure lots of people wants it.
    I'm posting mainly to bump the thread and make sure most people see it :P
    11-25-11 01:09 PM
    Awesome

How much work was/is it do something like this with the NDK?
    11-25-11 10:50 PM
    Awesome

How much work was/is it do something like this with the NDK?
    Well to be honest with you Gambatte_SDL compiles with hardly any errors. It takes about ten minutes once you know what to do, so I've hardly done anything. The problems lie in the glitches. I don't know where they're coming from. I've done it three times now with varied results (oddly). The latest attempt was incredibly laggy. I did it on someone elses computer. I've got a persistent Ubuntu install on my flash drive now, so that'll do.

What I'm going to do now is redo the Gambatte port, but this time I'm going to use the Qt version. Not because of the glitches, those will probably remain. It's because of the fact I want to use Qt to make a decent UI. Once that's done, I'll release it complete with bugs. Though I have to install NDK on this flash drive now, and Qt. I also have to hope it'll work well on the minute amount of space I have.

Oh and by the way, I've had very limited success with an NES emulator, so I might release a ported NES emulator at the same time. Don't hold your breath though.

To be honest what I really want is a Megadrive (I'm British, so it's not the Genesis for me!) emulator. I might have a crack at that once I've got NDK installed again.
    11-26-11 10:04 AM
    You would be awesome if you do this I've been dying to play Legend of Zelda on my PlayBook since I saw a screencap of what I thought was Zelda being played on a PB but ended up only being a screencap of a video of Zelda on a PB

If you need testers, I'd be happy to help can't help with the coding or anything, but I can definitely help with the playing lol
    11-26-11 10:58 AM
    please do this, we will all appreciate you for it!
    11-26-11 07:44 PM
    im also eagerly awaiting your release! sounds like a great project, ive been searching and attempting so many ways to just simply get pokemon yellow/crystal/red on my playbook with no luck

anyways, if theres any way for me to help (i cant imagine there is, im not precisely what you would call a developer lol) dont hesitate to ask
    11-26-11 08:31 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD