I've made Gambatte run on the PlayBook. It's a bit glitchy here and there. I'm just wondering if anyone would want it. I know what's causing the glitches, but if anyone wants it I'll fix them, shove the source online and post a bar file. If noone's interested I won't bother fixing them, and won't release it.

So yeah, if you want it post here and I'll fix the bug. Like I said, I'm just wondering if anyone's interested. There wasn't really a lot to change since SDL has been ported. All I really had to do was add a menu to load the roms and add on-screen buttons.

If you're wondering the bug is with timing. I was a bit irritated with one of the classes so I did a horrible workaround and this makes the sound lag. That's all. Oh and GBC games run as well. Same glitch.
    11-21-11 01:39 PM
    I love gameboy and would definitely be interested!
    11-21-11 01:47 PM
    Yes.

I would like to play Pokemon Crystal again.
    11-21-11 02:04 PM
    Yes.

I would like to play Pokemon Crystal again.
    Funny, that's the game that was hardcoded during the first test xD

I guess I'll fix it then. I'll improve the menu and stuff as well, though I don't know when I'll be done. I'll also get save states working properly (I just tried them... the result wasn't favorable to say the least).
    11-21-11 02:16 PM
    Though I'm not terribly interested in playing GBC roms, the fact that you're able to get it to work OP means that the door on ROM emulation is not closed.

For now, simply converting working android rom emulators will not fly on the Playbook, But with some code modifying I'm sure it will be workable and without similar glitches like OP is having with his GBC emulator.

I can definitely see even PSP or DS roms even being run on the Playbook.

Classic and Current Handheld Gaming will look good on this device.
    11-21-11 02:17 PM
    This would also interest me.
    11-21-11 02:18 PM
    Though I'm not terribly interested in playing GBC roms, the fact that you're able to get it to work OP means that the door on ROM emulation is not closed.

For now, simply converting working android rom emulators will not fly on the Playbook, But with some code modifying I'm sure it will be workable and without similar glitches like OP is having with his GBC emulator.

I can definitely see even PSP or DS roms even being run on the Playbook.

Classic and Current Handheld Gaming will look good on this device.
    Well after I'm done with this I'm planning on doing the same to other emulators. After I got my playbook I realized there weren't any emulators out. Until now I've just dealt with it but today I felt the urge to get one working.
    Goonie12 and ninjalawyer like this.
    11-21-11 02:21 PM
    i would love to have this emulator
    11-21-11 02:24 PM
    Is it coded via the NDK or Air SDK? If it's Air SDK, I am more than willing to help out
    11-21-11 03:23 PM
    I definitely want this, but out of curiousity I'd like to know if it's possible to take a game that I have lying around the house and play it on this? I happen to have a lot of them (about 6 different pokemon games, super mario, etc.). I'm willing to mess around with wires to set up cables, or buy (for a reasonable price) an adapter to get the games on my computer. If not then once this comes out can somebody tell me where I could download the games I have?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 03:29 PM
    Is it coded via the NDK or Air SDK? If it's Air SDK, I am more than willing to help out
    It's NDK.

I definitely want this, but out of curiousity I'd like to know if it's possible to take a game that I have lying around the house and play it on this? I happen to have a lot of them (about 6 different pokemon games, super mario, etc.). I'm willing to mess around with wires to set up cables, or buy (for a reasonable price) an adapter to get the games on my computer. If not then once this comes out can somebody tell me where I could download the games I have?

Legally we can't say I don't think. But googling "[gamename] rom" will get you somewhere.
    vgwillm likes this.
    11-21-11 03:39 PM

I believe that would be far more work than is worth it :P LMGTFY Never gets old, lol.

I am in the process of learning the NDK, so I believe I still can help Just let me know though.
    KermEd likes this.
    11-21-11 03:42 PM
    is relevant to my interests. I have no experience with the app listed as being made to work with PB, but would be very interested to see how virtual controls work. So app starved, would love to be able to dive into the giant gb library
    11-21-11 05:06 PM
    verry nice I wish I knew how to even get started with porting and developing stuff like this but I think alot of people were hoping that we would get some emulators on the playbook! glad to see you are hard at work! keep us up dated on your progress with this and hopefully other emulators!
    11-21-11 08:04 PM
    Great Job, recall my memory again. Cant waiting to DL it.
    chipuma likes this.
    11-21-11 09:10 PM
    I'd love a good NES/SNES emulator, or a Gameboy Advance one.
    11-21-11 09:15 PM
    Well once this is released I'll probably do the same to an NES emulator next. Hopefully I'll be able to finish this off later.
    Alt-F4 likes this.
    11-22-11 04:28 AM
    When can we expect it to be released? If you could link me to a .bar file before it is approved for app world I would be greatly appreciative!
    11-22-11 04:33 AM
    When can we expect it to be released? If you could link me to a .bar file before it is approved for app world I would be greatly appreciative!
    I doubt it ever would be. I'll try and submit it once I fix the bugs but I'm releasing it here first. I fixed save states last niht and most of the glitches. There's still a slight sound issue though. After trying to use it for a while the controls stopped working. Once I fix that and the sound issue (HOPEFULLY tonight if I have a chance) I'll post it here.
    11-22-11 05:48 AM
    Nagisa that'd be awesome! Appworld or not I'd be willing to donate some cash for your time. NES next would be killer too. Then SNES or DS would be phenomenal.
    11-22-11 07:18 AM
    Nice! We need people like you . Interested here too.
    11-22-11 07:35 AM
    I would like to point out that this Application Probably won't fly with the RIM App World.

Just saying.

11-22-11 07:44 AM
    I would like to point out that this Application Probably won't fly with the RIM App World.

Just saying.

I've already said that
    11-22-11 08:39 AM
    Thank god for side-loading haha Snes would be pretty epic... I checked the specs on a psp but all I really understood was the cpu is like a 333 mhz I assume a psp emulator would run pretty smooth on a PB to? Im not trying to imply you do it lol I know your busy getting these ones to work but it would be pretty damn sweet...
    11-22-11 12:32 PM
    Im not trying to imply you do it lol I know your busy getting these ones to work but it would be pretty damn sweet...
    Oh yes you are! No need to be coy... I would love to see that as well
    11-22-11 12:51 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD