It's a 4X4 table, and you form 3-letter minimum words by connecting the letters horizontally, vertically, and diagonally. And you do it with the trusty swipe. Honestly, the game doesn't astound visually, and it's what I'm assuming is an android port, because you get that "Initializing" message before it loads.

Besides that, it's incredible. The online aspect is well done and smartly done. You don't play with other players, but you do play the same board as everyone else at the same time. When you get ranked after each game, you know everyone got ranked for the same thing. Basically, you don't start a game. The games start themselves, and you jump in... And then stay in, because it rocks.

The most satisfying feature I've found is the swipe. It's actually a skill, and you'll find yourself getting better at it, faster, more accurate. You'll spell a 7-letter word in under a second! Powie!

Edit: Oh, a couple of extra tidbits. Rounds last two and a half minutes. After each round you get to see lists of the words you made, all the words possible, player rankings for the game, the last hour, the last day, the last week, etc., and your personal stats. If you're playing atbthe same time as someone next to you, you'll notice you play the same boards. Some of the boards have themes, and give bonus points for themed words. You get bonus points for using all the letters once (a green dot appears in the letter to show you've used it once), and bonus points for using all the letters twice (a yellow dot appears in the letter to show you've used it twice).

You'll also notice words you've made usually list in grey, but sometimes in blue, green, or red. I'm not sure what the colours mean, other than maybe you're getting bonus points for them (in the case of theme words), and maybe even getting penalty points...
    Last edited by KidCaboose; 09-08-12 at 10:52 AM.
    09-08-12 09:52 AM
    It,s ok, and I seem to score reasonably, but a dictinary in my native language would be nice.
    09-08-12 01:00 PM
    My trick is to make sure I use every letter at least twice. It gives you a total bonus of 125 points, which can easily give you a final score of 300+. And honestly, I've never heard of half the words it accepts from its 3-4 letter word list.

I think the way the online aspect is designed, it'd make it hard to bring more languages than english. It seems to work by synchronzing everybody onto the same game board, then divides everyone into manageable groups of maybe 200-300 players. They'd need to organize simultaneous language boards to have it function the way they have it set up. For a free cross-platform game, I think they've done excessively well.
    09-08-12 02:29 PM
    Is anyone else playing this? I can't figure out all the colour codes for the words I make. When the game's done, it lists all the words you made, and all the possible words. Some boards have themes and give bonus points for words that fit the theme. When you browse all the possible words, some appear in colours.

Blue ones I think are the basic ones you've made. Red ones I think are the themed words you've made. Green ones I have no idea about. Anyone?
    09-10-12 09:13 AM
    Just DL'ed and will give it a try...
    09-10-12 11:50 PM
    I've been playing it and find it highly addictive - however I don't know what the colours mean - do you mean as you're playing or after?

I like that it shows all the words that were possible - and if you tap on one it will show you the path that was used to get it.
    09-11-12 07:41 PM
    I've been playing it and find it highly addictive - however I don't know what the colours mean - do you mean as you're playing or after?

I like that it shows all the words that were possible - and if you tap on one it will show you the path that was used to get it.
    After. That list you're talking about. It shows you the words you've found by highlighting them with colours, either blue, green or red. So not the left list which just shows the words you found, but the right list that shows ALL the words. It also colour codes the words you found in it.
    09-11-12 08:13 PM
    The tutorial page doesn't seem to work for me. I always have to skip it. Anyone else have that problem?
    09-12-12 11:25 AM
    And it is free to boot - pick it up today!
    09-12-12 12:41 PM
    The tutorial page doesn't seem to work for me. I always have to skip it. Anyone else have that problem?
    Doesn't work for me either. It's an easy enough game to learn, once you figure you can select diagonally, and that you get bonus points for using every letter once and twice, and for words that relate to the board's occasional theme.
    09-12-12 02:26 PM
    Yeah. Tutorial doesn't work here either.

I have no idea what the colour codes mean. If you figure it out let us know!
    09-12-12 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD